PDA

View Full Version : To day is a good day

MOSESS
07-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Today is the beginning of the fix of the dreaded vibration at speed fix. got the belt tensioner today and got the front end looked at again. will provide details after all the work is done..

Bob Denman
07-13-2016, 07:08 AM
Please take lots of pictures, and let us know how it works!
And thanks, for keeping us "in the loop"! :thumbup:

(I may end up buying one of those tensioners also... nojoke)

TnT
07-13-2016, 10:34 AM
I put the tensioner on our 2015 RT-S. Now the problem is the vibration we felt at 72-76 is gone so she is constantly leaning over my shoulder to see if I am going to fast. Before she could feel the belt vibration and know how fast we going. But at 90 I still feel this annoying vibration/headslap when she is on.

Bob Denman
07-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Same problem here :lecturef_smilie::shocked:... only it starts at about 70! :banghead:

OverHillAndDale
07-13-2016, 10:49 AM
There are currently two belt tensioners on the market - SmoothSpyder and now Baker Built. Can anyone speak to advantages and disadvantages to each?

Chupaca
07-13-2016, 10:52 AM
Hope this will be the end of your vibration problems....:popcorn::popcorn:'ing for the results....

Copperman
07-13-2016, 10:53 AM
I put the tensioner on our 2015 RT-S. Now the problem is the vibration we felt at 72-76 is gone so she is constantly leaning over my shoulder to see if I am going to fast. Before she could feel the belt vibration and know how fast we going. But at 90 I still feel this annoying vibration/headslap when she is on.

I had that same problem. I resolved it by putting her on her own bike. Now it's smooth sailing.

TnT
07-13-2016, 10:54 AM
But much more expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
07-13-2016, 11:00 AM
There are currently two belt tensioners on the market - SmoothSpyder and now Baker Built. Can anyone speak to advantages and disadvantages to each?
I'm currently looking at the one from Baker Built. Its says that there's no cutting. fabrication, use of torches or witchcraft needed for installation
But I haven't looked that SmoothSpyder's offering. :opps:
I have the Baker Built highway peg set-up on my bike, and it works great. I figure to try and use a known supplier of parts. :thumbup:

TnT
07-13-2016, 11:13 AM
I installed the smooth spyder model. The was a very small trimming of a plastic panel that is not normally seen (buried under the Tupperware) and it was very easy - no witch craft torches etc

OverHillAndDale
07-13-2016, 11:16 AM
Reading the instructions for each, the smoothspyder sounds more complicated.

TnT
07-14-2016, 08:58 AM
It sounds that way - the instructions made it seem more difficult but it was actually easy

GS1
07-14-2016, 10:58 AM
i installed it on my 09 it was a breeze and the vibration are gone now if i could only get rid of the wobbly at 90

MOSESS
07-14-2016, 02:25 PM
I am a happy man today . Installed the lights along with the smooth spyder tensioner. took it out for a 70 loop and I am happy to report that most of the vibration is gone. I still have to put the wife on and see if she is happy.. I must say the install was very easy after I talked to the vendor. I forgot his name. Very nice gent. In an earlier post I gave him the business and he did not deserve it and here on the forum I must apologize. doing this work myself I am learning a bunch about the RT. I still feel they could have done a better job of building this line of vehicles ...

Bob Denman
07-14-2016, 02:47 PM
:congrats: on the successful conclusion to this project! :clap: :nopic: :2thumbs:

MOSESS
07-14-2016, 04:15 PM
I am having a hard time posting pics..

indy_spyderlady
07-17-2016, 05:51 PM
I had that same problem. I resolved it by putting her on her own bike. Now it's smooth sailing.

Very funny, Jerry. :rolleyes:

Copperman
07-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Very funny, Jerry. :rolleyes:

OOPS! :opps::opps::opps:

But you do look good on your new bike.

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-18-2016, 09:46 PM
I installed the Smoothspyder one on both the 2013 RT I had and the 2014 RTS I now have. In my opinion the SS one is a simpler more rugged design. I like the fact it uses only a spiral spring and not a strut. Installation isn't particularly difficult if you remove the side lower panel as Jim instructs.

CapeSpyder
07-19-2016, 11:53 AM
Called Baker Built and their's will not fit if you have a belt guard installed on the inside 😐

Sent From my Note 5