PDA

View Full Version : I love my Spyder!!!!

Buggy
07-12-2016, 04:43 PM
More and more with each passing ride. In almost two years of year round riding it has not let me down once. I would ride across the country tomorrow at the drop of a hat. I feel proud to own and ride such a beautiful machine. I still get lots of waves and thumbs up's from passing motorists and bikers.

One thing I am sick of is post titles that speak poorly of the Spyder for no good reason attracting undue attention of prospective buyers who are needed to make the brand flourish. Sure there have been problems and I don't minimize the effect on those affected, but their occurrence are blown out of proportion to the number of bikes on the road.

So if you love your Spyder feel free to comment.

Cheers Kevin

"Always taking the long way home"

Chupaca
07-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Well put.... I have had mine for four years , come August, and it has never left me stranded. they are amazing machines and we are not alone on this. I find if you ryde in fear of pending dissaster you will cause it or it will come...ryde with confidence :ohyea::ohyea:

ARtraveler
07-12-2016, 04:57 PM
I love my :ani29::spyder2:. That's all that needs to be said here. :yes:

Bob Denman
07-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Seven riding seasons, and two Spyders: They were, and are: great bikes! :2thumbs:
My 2010 had it's share of faults": they never made me love it any less!

Larry rt
07-12-2016, 05:16 PM
I totaly agree, ride daily when I can. I have a 2013rt ltd. Will not trade up. I love this thing!!!

olsarge
07-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Had mine for about 2 months and cannot ryde it enough. There are just not enough hours.

Bob L
07-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Best choice I ever made... and it was a fluke that my wife and I demo'd one. We were looking for something specific (not mentioning brand) and the dealer did not have the model I wanted. They had Spyders and I asked my wife if she wanted to try one out since we were there. About 10 miles into a ride we pulled over in a big parking lot and "played" with the demo. Looked at each other and said, "wow." That Monday I made an appointment with the bank and by the end of the week she was home!

I have had 3 goldwings and a royal star venture. None compare to this bike and its ride, comfort, and reliability. I too, would leave for a coast-to-coast without any hesitation. During our New England riding season I have averaged 16-19 K per year on the others, and the RT is clicking the miles the same!

ARtraveler
07-12-2016, 05:38 PM
Had mine for about 2 months and cannot ryde it enough. There are just not enough hours.

:welcome: and :congrats:

Pampurrs
07-12-2016, 05:39 PM
My Spyder, like my previous bikes, is my primary transportation. I ride it everyday, except for the days that I ride my broom.

I absolutely love it and have total confidence in it.

Pam

ARtraveler
07-12-2016, 05:41 PM
My Spyder, like my previous bikes, is my primary transportation. I ride it everyday, except for the days that I ride my broom.

Pam

Liking you even more! :roflblack::roflblack::yes::yes:

Forgive the extra posts today. Kind of an interesting day to be on the site. :bowdown:

drhunt204
07-12-2016, 05:45 PM
I have had my 2009 RS Spyder since August of last year! I love riding it and I have had no problems except for normal wear on my tires from the miles I have been putting on it!

Netminder
07-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Definitely do not get to ride as much as I would like, due to ongoing renovations, but love my Spyder all the same. Will enjoy it much more in a couple of years when we are retired!:yes:

ralph12345678910
07-12-2016, 06:10 PM
I have had 2 spyders in the last year, both were trouble free, nothing is wrong with these machines, these machines have a lot less problems then cages, look at the millions of recalls on cages, best machines on the road, ryde safely

jthornton
07-12-2016, 06:18 PM
The best part about Spyders is the people who ride them... they are just so much fun to be around.

JT

JP58
07-12-2016, 06:48 PM
I injured my left rotator cuff in March. Could not ride my 14 Indian chieftain which I loved but is quite heavy. So I traded my 14 Indian Chieftain for a 15 RT-S. Seemed weird riding at first but got used to it. My arm is pretty good now, but would not sell the Spyder. It is an awesome machine and my wife loves it to. Best part don't have to put my feet down at stops. I also like being able to stand up at stop lights. Rest the butt a bit.

Lew L
07-12-2016, 06:52 PM
I never got stranded on my Honda C-110 ( Hopped up so much it would stay with the 90cc bikes)
I never got stranded on my Honda SL-125 ( but I did wear it out)
I never got stranded on my Honda CB-77 ( fully hopped up with a full fairing and would staywith the 450s)
I never Got streanded on Honda CB 450 ( just a mild hop up but did break a chain)
I never got stranded on my CB-900F ( with 750 decals so I didnt have to hop it up)
I never got stranded on my Kawasaki Ninja 1100( piped and jetted w/ air box mods-oh so fast)
I only got stranded on my V-max once--but I fixed it on the road ( loose spark plug???) Great bike!!! still ride it.
I never got stranded on my Honda Valkyrie ( stock but suprizingly fast for a big girl). Still ride it

And

I've never had a second of trouble with my :spyder2: , other than dealer prep.

My wife loves to ride the :spyder2:, . We would take it 100's of miles in a heart beat.

Kaos

Kwalsh
07-12-2016, 06:58 PM
I love my spyder, I will put on about 7500 miles this season and wish it could be more miles

Gilda
07-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Hi all. I've had my ST L just over 2 months.
I LOVE IT!
I usually ride 1 day a week, weather pending. So I've only got 1600 kms under my belt.
Fair weather riding is usually my preference, however I've been caught in 3 bad rain storms.
I am very impressed with how my bike handles in the rain.
Look forward to many more rides!
PS - this forum is so full of information it keeps me coming back. Thank you. :thumbup:

GS1
07-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Got my 09 rs about 2 years ago with 2300 miles and now have 17500 miles, my biggest problem is FARKLE. it is the 2nd best thing i have done the other being my wife.

Peteoz
07-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Thanks for starting this, Buggy. As a potential buyer, I was indeed starting to question if it was a smart move, based on all the negative posts (even keeping in mind that MOST forum posts on just about any forum are dominated by those with problems).
Pete

Deer Slayer
07-12-2016, 08:55 PM
I love my RS-S. 3400 mi trip in May, and 957 miles last Friday - Sunday. 23500 mi in 16 months. If you don't ryde them they miss you!
:riding:

Habib
07-12-2016, 09:03 PM

X 2. My only negative is my fault for not doing enough research and not riding different models. Bought unseen and un-ridden my 2010 RS. Should have gotten a touring model, the stupid feet back hunched over tiding position is not meant for this worn out old guy. Some custom made foot boards and the hand brake conversion cured most of my issues, now I need a comfortable seat. But happy? Hell ya!

SteveP
07-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Thanks for starting this, Buggy. As a potential buyer, I was indeed starting to question if it was a smart move, based on all the negative posts (even keeping in mind that MOST forum posts on just about any forum are dominated by those with problems).
Pete
Some sites focus on the problems I find , this site shares all information and helps potential Ryders see that most people have their Spyders for years and only need to do basic maintenance . The Dealer I bought mine off seemed confused when I said I was a bit leary on these machines because of all the problems they have , they said they are no more prone to problems than any motorized vehicle they sell ..... Turns out they were right in my case and I'm having a blast :riding:

dlby
07-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Love our rtse6 more all the time
47 years of machines of all types & sizes
This one is perfect for us now

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

RussRT
07-12-2016, 09:53 PM
My Spyder will be one year old this week. I have really enjoyed getting used to it. After riding 2 wheels for 39 years I needed a change. Bad knee helped the decision along!!
i have added performance and lighting upgrades. I now have my bike just the way I want it. Not one problem. I really enjoy riding again!

Ronsam
07-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Love our rtse6 more all the time
47 years of machines of all types & sizes
This one is perfect for us now

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

I love my Spyder 2010 , and it is a very Spyder:bowdown:

Jpquinn
07-12-2016, 10:06 PM
I love my bumblebee spyder. I've rode two wheels all my life until a health problem ( alpha 1 deficiency syndrome ) took out my lungs and I wasn't sure I'd ride again, I got the spyder for the extra storage for oxygen. And fell in love with it. I've never had any problems with it. It's very well kept other than doing normal maintenance. Had one light come on once but it was past due for plug wires so that was my fault as I see it. Oh one other time I started it and it went into limp mode I pulled over took the key out and said come on baby and started it and it never happened again. Sure it's a 09 and yes I've rode other years other models but she's my baby and I know it's just me but not one I've been on compares to her. For me I'd never go back to two wheels. God bless our spyders and all that ride them. Those that say you can't buy happiness haven't bought a spyder yet

CarolinaSpyderRyder
07-12-2016, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure how to communicate how much I love my Spyder. I guess the 16,000 miles I've put on it the last 14 months says enough. Should have bought one when the 2008's came out. Don't know why I waited so long.

garb55
07-12-2016, 11:21 PM

I absolutely love it and have total confidence in it.

Pam

Have you tried putting the broom under the :spyder2: to see if :spyder2:can fly :roflblack::roflblack:
When I move down there near you this fall I expect too see you on your broom :yikes::yikes:

tobor9
07-13-2016, 12:09 AM
My wife and i are both on our 2nd :f_spider:'s and we no longer own cars! our :f_spider:'s are our ONLY transportation!! We ryde everyday year long,nuff said.

flaggerphil
07-13-2016, 01:22 AM
I've had mine for almost five years now and have never regretted it. Neither has my wife! Hopefully my broken/dislocated ankle will be healed enough in another month and a half or so so I can start riding again!

No 2817
07-13-2016, 04:47 AM
I too love my Spyder, wife likes it better than two wheels cause she does not have to worry about leaning. I am on my second one, first was 2008 Premier Edition GS I took the plunge when they first came out without looking and have not looked back. My second one is the F3-T SE6. On my 6th season now. I too get big grins, thumbs up and little kids running and pointing, (big kids too). FUN all around I am finally selling my Valkerie and sticking to 3 wheels.

Chris

Buckeye Bleau
07-13-2016, 05:26 AM
I started one of these, love my Spyder posts a few months ago for the same reason. I have the 2013 Percent TL, you know. The one that catches fire, blows up, is impossible to ride from the heat! :yikes:
Well, sure that vent gets hot, mine ran cooler than two HDs and one Honda is a recent parade, knock on wood there have not been any problems other than a sticky front lines d, a slow dealer and a lack of responsive Spyder owners to group Ryde.
imy biggest challenge is its distraction from other things, I cannot stay off the blasted machine. I built a "Spyder Hole" for it, the largest garage I ever owned, Spyder, SUV, workshop and cabinetry all in one place. :clap:
This thing changed my life. :yes:
Worried about breakdowns, hah, I worry more about a flat tyre than anything else. :bowdown:
i just need to find more owners to Ryde with, the two wheelers get mad when we stop and the park with reverse gear, LOL.

Joe

Fatcycledaddy
07-13-2016, 06:22 AM
I LOVE my Spyder!!!
1 year old next week, 15,900 trouble free miles. No DSS, no heat issues, slight belt vibration over 80-85MPH, which I don't do real often, steady in the wind, great in the rain, no feet down when stopped, never worry about the kick stand sinking in the hot blacktop when parked, can stop on an tapered shoulder and take pics without trying to get the right position so I don't tip over, rear tire cost about 1/3rd of what the Venture tire did to replace, and way to many other things that are right!

I have not been easy on it, of those 15,900 miles, almost 10,000 of the were towing a camper trailer with the bike fully loaded two up.
Over 100 degrees in Utah fully loaded with trailer and two up in 5th gear full throttle to maintain speed on a seven mile long grade and the trmp gauge never went over the half way mark.
Towing the trailer we averaged between 32 and 38 MPG, and without the trailer we hit a little over 40MPG.

I feel for those who have problems with theirs, but all I can say about my 2015 RTL is WHAT A MACHINE!

I just need to find more time to ride.:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

jtpollock
07-13-2016, 06:26 AM
:thumbup::yes::ohyea: I have not been as lucky as most. I still have not given up on my Spyder... I ride it every day except in the Snow, almost 4 years 59,000 miles plus and would not trade it. I have followed the Spyder since I saw it on the drawing board did my first test ride just before they were released did not get mine till 2012. Keep the rubber side down ride hard and enjoy the ride.... jtpollock

_..stiffler..
07-13-2016, 06:31 AM
Had my spyder a week an a half now.

I love it. Already put 2500km on it. I'd have more but it rained for 5 days. I don't get out in the rain unless I need to.

I get made fun of alot from buddies and guys at work. I'm just a young guy and they call me grandpa cause I bought an RT model. But I could care less cause the machine is amazing.

I bought it cause my sport bike can't really hold 2 and I want to take trips with the wife and I want to ride with my 8 yr old son and not have to worry as much about him falling off the back.

It's a perfect machine for me

I've had my fun on sport bikes. Anything from wheelies to dragbacks and all other stunts you can think of.

It's time to live and enjoy the ride now.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160713/973438ea22fb746471a9b79b91e65d5a.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160713/b68165b7e7ab44a92d613e612a3b501a.jpg

Stiff

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk

whitespyder1189
07-13-2016, 08:42 AM
We love our RT-S too! Its almost 1 year old (next week) We bought it on a whim-just stopped on our bike to look and maybe test drive a spyder. Next thing we were sitting down to deal. The only problem we have is not enough riding time. As soon as this pesky work thing is out of the way, we will be riding all the time; thanks to all the spyder travelers on this site, I have plenty of places I want to visit.

As I type, my husband is home putting ground effects lighting on our spyder. Our first farkle!!

Thanks for all the good advice from everyone on here.

Ron2andia
07-13-2016, 08:46 AM
I love my :spyder: !! Each ride is a joy!

jcasey
07-13-2016, 08:51 AM
:agree: Love my F3! :yes::yes::yes::yes::clap::clap::clap::clap::thumb up::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PistonBlown
07-13-2016, 09:45 AM
I don't treat my Spyder well. It gets ridden in all weathers and goes weeks without being cleaned. Hangs around for a month or more without being ridden because I'm too busy with work - then suddenly taken off on an endurance rally where its ridden 18 hours or more a day, day after day. Its ridden at high speed, in stop start traffic, on highways and even dirt tracks. Yet its not let me down and shrugs off what's thrown at it.

kamper
07-13-2016, 11:15 AM
I've got three months on mine and 1600 miles so far. just keeps getting better. 2012 rt

bronzeflex42
07-13-2016, 11:16 AM
I've had mine for a couple of years now. I have not had any trouble accept replacing the battery, which is considered really part of routine. I had a 2 wheeler before the Spyder and i don't regret the change. It has been a fun machine and i like the attention it gets, especially in my little small town. :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

RudyB
07-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Just bought a 2014 Spyder Rts 2weeks never rode any kind of bike before 67 years old great so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXrider
07-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Just finished the Four Corners[of the USA] on "Pony"!
My friend, I traveled with didn't like hers..........so my husband and I bought it. We now have 2-2015 RT Ltds in the garage and plan to get started on MANY more miles!!
Never a problem, falter or misstep from the Spyders - now plans are for Alaska in 2018 - in between, lots of USA - after all, I have to show my honey where I went and what I saw!!
LOVE our RYDES!!:f_spider::clap:
Pics pending

GMAN9
07-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Bought mine brand new 2 1/2 years ago from Pitbull Powersports...had the CAT bypass done and Steve from BRP helped get the new air flow panels put on free of charge. Have not had a single issue with the Spyder....except that it takes me 4 hours just to go down to the store for some milk and bread. I always seem to get lost! :yes:

gkamer
07-13-2016, 12:15 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160713/b68165b7e7ab44a92d613e612a3b501a.jpg

Stiff

But I've found that pictures containing crime scene tape usally have a pretty interesting back story.

Djhiltz
07-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Picked up mine last Saturday, first spyder and first bike. Love it!

JerryB
07-13-2016, 12:58 PM
Hi bronzeflex42,

Re: my little small town.

Back when I was still working I used to get down to Sandersville fairly often. Lapp Insulator has/had a plant there.

That is a nice little town,

Jerry Baumchen

_..stiffler..
07-13-2016, 09:44 PM
But I've found that pictures containing crime scene tape usally have a pretty interesting back story.
Haha. It was a block party. The whole street was blocked off. And some of us were doing stunts up and down the street to get the crowd going. Haha. Was a fun day.

BoilerAnimal
07-14-2016, 09:44 PM
My wife and I have had our 2013 RTS SE 5 for a little over 220 miles now. Would have been more but we didn't get it home til Tuesday afternoon, we had strong storms yesterday and we had to babysit for our youngest granddaughter today. But we did ryde our Spyder to do the babysitting.............a total of 140 miles round trip.

This is our first motorcycle and we absolutely love it! We just wish that we hadn't waited so long to buy one!

modagwood
07-14-2016, 10:13 PM
I bought my first RT April of 2012, ran it 12000 mi. Not A bit of trouble. I traded up to A new RT on April 2nd 2015. Up until now 7- 14 -2016, I have 6700 mi. on it, and same deal not one ounce of trouble so far. Both good machine's. would not go back to 2 wheels'. I have been riding 60 plus year's.

SpyderAnn01
07-14-2016, 10:38 PM
I saw this thread a little late as I am out riding across the country on my Spyder. Just turned 86,000 miles this morning and will put another 1,000+ on by the time I get home. That's over 10,000 miles in the last 40 days. I guess you could say that I love my Spyder.

Steamer
07-14-2016, 10:52 PM
On our way to Banff Alberta Canada from central Calif and never had any doubts they would provide comfortable trouble free miles. Had many bikes over the years and would rate our F3s' 133931as one of the best. On the with a stop over at Crater Lake.

ruralgirl
07-15-2016, 07:37 PM
LOVE love love my RT. And she doubles as a lawn chair for outdoor concerts. Last evening, at our weekly classic car show and live band at Milan's Concert in the Park, I parked behind the folks lined up on their lawn chairs in front of the band. I scooted back onto the passenger seat and put up my feet for a comfy 90 minutes of enjoying the music and Spyke's steady stream of admirers.

SteveP
07-16-2016, 05:43 PM
On our way to Banff Alberta Canada from central Calif and never had any doubts they would provide comfortable trouble free miles. Had many bikes over the years and would rate our F3s' 133931as one of the best. On the with a stop over at Crater Lake.
You will love Banff ( if you haven't been already)?

Steamer
07-16-2016, 06:07 PM
You will love Banff ( if you haven't been already)?
We have been to Banff once, but we did not stay long enough. Currently in Kelowna BC on our way to Banff. What a great city. We hit a little rain from Winthrop Wash to Kelowna and our F3s' provided great protection from the rain (F4 windshields). Best bikes we have owned.

garb55
07-16-2016, 06:14 PM
I saw this thread a little late as I am out riding across the country on my Spyder. Just turned 86,000 miles this morning and will put another 1,000+ on by the time I get home. That's over 10,000 miles in the last 40 days. I guess you could say that I love my Spyder.

Ann
Hoe dare you go out ridding
When we need you here :roflblack::roflblack:
Have a safe trip home
Don