PDA

View Full Version : SpyderLovers Banner Run!

Pages : [1] 2

Lamonster
03-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Click on the "Last " link to see the latest post page.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1450

Well guys it's time to get this thing moving. :2thumbs:

Some of you have no idea what this is about so you can get caught up here. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8875 :doorag:

The idea was to ride my Spyder to Daytona and get a bunch of folks to sign it there and hand it off to someone on the last Saturday and have it start it's run around North America. Well my Spyder didn't get done in time as some of you have read and I wound up having to trailer out to Daytona.:banghead: While I was there I got real sick :barf: and didn't get a chance to hand it off like I wanted to. :sour:

So now I'm feeling much better and I need to get this thing moving. I had a member that wanted it in Texas for some event the next couple of weeks but I'm not sure we can pull that off or not. I'm willing to get it heading west or anywhere else this weekend if the weather holds out. :pray:

Bottom line is this will be a sticky post that you can go to to see where the SpyderLovers Banner (SLB) is and to be a part of this great SpyderLovers journey across North America. Make sure to take lot's of pics. :doorag:

So who want's to take it from here.:dontknow: I'm in East Tn and can take it 3 hours or so to the next SpyderLover.

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=1450&albumid=171&dl=1237472974&thumb=1 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=171)
Spyder Web Run (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=171)
Pics of where the SpyderLovers Banner has been.

dltang
03-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Hey Lamont, if you can get it headed north, I will try to meet someone to pick it up in Ohio maybe and take it through Ontario to Niagara Falls and hand it off to jeuchler who can then get it up to the New England States. We could cover a lot of ground in a short time and then start heading it back out west from there. Just and idea, let me know what needs to be done.

Lamonster
03-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey Lamont, if you can get it headed north, I will try to meet someone to pick it up in Ohio maybe and take it through Ontario to Niagara Falls and hand it off to jeuchler who can then get it up to the New England States. We could cover a lot of ground in a short time and then start heading it back out west from there. Just and idea, let me know what needs to be done.

I could take it to Kentucky or Virgina if we can get someone to pick it from there.

Lamonster
03-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Banner Location as of 03-19-09 Mosheim, TN (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mosheim+tn&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=LH7CSZ_REcOgtgfuluHgCg&ll=36.191092,-82.957764&spn=6.152002,10.371094&z=7)

bjt
03-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I would offer to meet you in Cincinatti, OH (I buy dinner) or Lexington, KY (you buy dinner :D) but it would be probably the following weekend and I'm guessing it needs to get moving before then. Also, it would probably sit at my place for a week or two until we hooked up with Director, Jeuchler, Frleo and others in Niagara Falls.

mike3069
03-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey Lamont!

I'm Back in Ky about to head north to NY/VT. I'd be happy to hook up and take it, but would need to do this weekend or (maybe Monday).

Let me know!:thumbup:

jeuchler
03-20-2009, 05:46 AM

Man, that thing is huge...I'm gonna have to rethink that Givi storage system and get, maybe, a 12-foot long trailer if I'm gonna haul that banner around. :joke:

Don't worry, Lamont, we'll get this started...'though I bet if we trace the route it finally takes it's gonna look like a knotted up ball of yarn!

M2Wild
03-20-2009, 06:24 AM
Computerize it. Attach a flash drive to the banner and people can document it on a text file of the date location and name of the ryder.

Just a thought.

Lamonster
03-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Hey Lamont!

I'm Back in Ky about to head north to NY/VT. I'd be happy to hook up and take it, but would need to do this weekend or (maybe Monday).

I think this would work to get it going North. Where are you now and maybe we could figure out a half way point. :doorag:

jeuchler
03-20-2009, 07:17 AM
I think this would work to get it going North. Where are you now and maybe we could figure out a half way point. :doorag:

Mike and Lamont

Keep me posted on this possibility.

(I'm on the MA.NY/VT border.)

If it goes that way, I could get it to Deb & Brian (to go west) or Bruce (to go more north-er) next month our Fall trip in April.

Lamonster
03-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Mike and Lamont

If it goes that way, I could get it to Deb & Brian (to go west) or Bruce (to go more north-er) next month our Fall trip in April.

That would be cool. :doorag:

Director
03-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Mike and Lamont

I could get it to one of the ryders in the Toronto area shortly after Deb and Brian's Niagara Falls gathering, if you would like. I will be going further north than that, but not until May 22 for the Ottawa marathon, which is kind of a long time to hang onto the banner. Either way, I'm game, and happy to help out. :thumbup:

Bruce

Lamonster
03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey Lamont!

If this is the right place it looks like it's about 190 miles from me so tell me where you want to meet Bro. :doorag:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Mosheim,+TN+37818&daddr=Lovely,+KY&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=47.972233,82.96875&ie=UTF8&z=8

mike3069
03-20-2009, 09:29 AM
That's it! How about in Jenkins?

Lamonster
03-20-2009, 09:35 AM
That's it! How about in Jenkins?

Sounds good. That's about a two hour ride one way. How about we meet for lunch?

mike3069
03-20-2009, 10:14 AM
OK, see you there tommorow.

Lamonster
03-20-2009, 10:24 AM
OK, see you there tommorow.

Looks like I have at least two more riders going to make the trip. Any more? :doorag:

dltang
03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey Mike,
I looked at the map where you and Lamont are meeting for the banner exhange. Next weekend could you drop meet in Cinci or Dayton? or are you heading toward VT right away. If you are headed toward VT then as Jeuchler suggested, if you could get it to him, he can take it to Niagara Falls. From there, we will have Director take it through Toronto and London and then Brian and I could pick it up from him on our way back to MI. Once we get in Michigan we can take it to the west side of the state to Scotty for Photos and then take it south to some of our Ohio or Indiana riders for the next leg. Just keep me informed, I definitely want to be part of this banner run.

LDFIREWORKS
03-20-2009, 12:57 PM
notice the tall good-looking guy on the extreme right , he is the best looking spyder rider in the spyder-lovers club he makes the whole pic worth it do you agree.................:agree::agree::2thumbs::spyd er2::clap::clap::yes:

mike3069
03-20-2009, 01:06 PM
After I meet w/ Lamonster on Sat. I return to Lovely, KY for about 3 days, then go north to Saratoga Springs for the summer work season. I will be glad to meet up w/ Jeuchler somewhere and pass it along.

What say, jeuchler?

Director
03-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey Mike,
I looked at the map where you and Lamont are meeting for the banner exhange. Next weekend could you drop meet in Cinci or Dayton? or are you heading toward VT right away. If you are headed toward VT then as Jeuchler suggested, if you could get it to him, he can take it to Niagara Falls. From there, we will have Director take it through Toronto and London and then Brian and I could pick it up from him on our way back to MI. Once we get in Michigan we can take it to the west side of the state to Scotty for Photos and then take it south to some of our Ohio or Indiana riders for the next leg. Just keep me informed, I definitely want to be part of this banner run.

Deb, it may be a problem for me to get the banner to Toronto and back to you that quickly. I need to go right back to London from Niagara Falls (opposite direction from Toronto) on Saturday, April 18. We can talk about it then, and look at some options.
It occurs to me that there are some Toronto-area riders on this forum, so we may be able to hand it directly over to one of them, if any of them are planning to come to the Falls, or I could rendezvous with one of them in the Hamilton area, have them sign the banner there, then take it home and return it to you and Brian on the homeward leg of your trip.
As the Beatles once sang, "We can work it out, we can work it out, my friend." :D

Bruce

Big Arm
03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Hey Mike,
Once we get in Michigan we can take it to the west side of the state to Scotty for Photos and then take it south to some of our Ohio or Indiana riders for the next leg. Just keep me informed, I definitely want to be part of this banner run.

If it should go to into Wisconsin/Minnesota or Indiana/Illinois keep us in mind over in Iowa....We could get it into Minnesota or Nebraska

annieleilani
03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
notice the tall good-looking guy on the extreme right , he is the best looking spyder rider in the spyder-lovers club he makes the whole pic worth it do you agree.................:agree::agree::2thumbs::spyd er2::clap::clap::yes:

Righto - check out the chickie in the middle! Where were you on the 2nd Saturday ride? We had a great ride - did the loop had a wonderful lunch at Manny's. :bowdown::)

retread
03-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey, Deb, when you leave Niagara, go up to the Thousand Islands, then 401 to Toronto, if you've got time, it's a great ryde. I 90 to I 81 to Alexandria Bay, cross the bridge and head west on 401.

john

Roaddog2
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Mike- are you heading up 87 into Saratoga? I'll bet Roaddog or Smylinacha can get it up to Jeuchler after a swing through CT......

Or I can transport it on a Harley.....LOL:doorag:That can definitly be done 203-218-2442 :2thumbs:

The_Spyderwoman
03-20-2009, 04:58 PM
:clap::clap::clap::yes:

If it makes it to St. Louis there are plenty of us here in the area and spyders up north in Peoria,IL and Champagne,IL that can bring it down this way.If it doesn't get here until the last week in May...:p.. We are going to San Antonio, TX then!!:popcorn::2excited:

dltang
03-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Okay, it looks like we are getting a path here. Mike can get the banner to Roaddog who will get it to HDX bones, who can get it to jeuchler. John will Bring it to Niagara Falls. From there Bruce can take it home on Sat. and then Brian and I can either pick it up on Sun or make a quick trip back to Sarnia the next week and meet Bruce there for a pick up. After that I will try to rally the Michigan SpyderLovers to meet and sign the banner, maybe in Hell Michigan as we seem to be able to meet there easily. After that, I can drive to either the Indiana or Ohio border if someone is willing to meet me there for a pick up. I see a path of progress beginning here, let's keep the communication going.

Smylinacha
03-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Count me in. sorry, not on here much - too busy playing mafia wars.

Roaddog2
03-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Count me in. sorry, not on here much - too busy playing mafia wars.
give me your money or I'll kill you and your crew :doorag:

NancysToy
03-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Hey Mike,
You name it and we'll fetch it and pass it on. If it's booked with someone else, we would love to ride support.
-Scotty & Nancy

jeuchler
03-20-2009, 07:39 PM
After I meet w/ Lamonster on Sat. I return to Lovely, KY for about 3 days, then go north to Saratoga Springs for the summer work season. I will be glad to meet up w/ Jeuchler somewhere and pass it along.

What say, jeuchler?

Hey, Mike

I'm getting ole' PE#2929 all woke up from hibernation tomorrow to start getting ready for Niagara...

It sounds like you'll be up in our neck of the woods next week some time--if i could get it from you on a weekend, that'd be great. Both the lovely bride and I are big diner fans, so if you know of any between Saratoga Springs and western MA/VT we could meet and treat you to a meal. If you feel like swinging out closer to us, we have a Hayabusa owner who runs a great coffee shop/cafe (Brewhaha) right near us.

Just pm me (if you don't mind) when you know what's up timing-wise and destination-wise. I can pass along my cel phone #, etc.

Thanks for getting this going!! :doorag:

jeuchler
03-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Mike- are you heading up 87 into Saratoga? I'll bet Roaddog or Smylinacha can get it up to Jeuchler after a swing through CT......

Or I can transport it on a Harley.....LOL:doorag:

Sorry, Mike, I just reread RoadDog's and HDXBones' posts...

If that's easier to get it to them, and them to me, that's great, too, of course!

(They get the free diner meal, then!) :nojoke:

jeuchler
03-20-2009, 07:52 PM
It'll be good to see you again.....:thumbup:

Same here, and not just because the lovely bride wants me to ask you to do seven or eight carpentry/cabinetry jobs...!

(Geez, this is a lot of pressure...I hope it starts tomorrow.)

mike3069
03-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I'll most likely be taking I-88 up from I-81 into Albany, then 87 to Saratoga.

Planning to open The Golf Range for the season Friday 3/27.

mike3069
03-20-2009, 08:05 PM
jeuchler.......clean out in pm inbox so I can send a message!:doorag:nojoke

jeuchler
03-20-2009, 08:14 PM
jeuchler.......clean out in pm inbox so I can send a message!:doorag:nojoke

Yikes! I had it clogged with 100 messages...sorry, Mike.

Smylinacha
03-20-2009, 08:16 PM
give me your money or I'll kill you and your crew :doorag:

Wish I had the kind of money I've made in mafia wars! I make $663K an hour - I really make 1.2M but it costs me half to keep up with all my cars, weapons and I have to keep armor for my recruits. Why haven't you signed on to play w/ us? I can sit on there and do nothing and make money while my other family does the work! And you can kill people on hit lists, you can die over and over, there is no end to this thing - it's insane.

jeuchler
03-20-2009, 08:31 PM
...It costs me half to keep up with all my cars, weapons and I have to keep armor for my recruits...I can sit...and do nothing and make money while my other family does the work! And you can kill people on hit lists, you can die over and ove....

Um...that's my typical, regular real day. I don't get it.

Roaddog2
03-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Maybe we can ride out to Saratoga next weekend, and towards Jeuchler the following weekend......can do keep me in loop if I survive the zip lines this weekend :ani29: not those kind of lines between trees :yikes:

Star Cruiser
03-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Okay, it looks like we are getting a path here. Mike can get the banner to Roaddog who will get it to HDX bones, who can get it to jeuchler. John will Bring it to Niagara Falls. From there Bruce can take it home on Sat. and then Brian and I can either pick it up on Sun or make a quick trip back to Sarnia the next week and meet Bruce there for a pick up. After that I will try to rally the Michigan SpyderLovers to meet and sign the banner, maybe in Hell Michigan as we seem to be able to meet there easily. After that, I can drive to either the Indiana or Ohio border if someone is willing to meet me there for a pick up. I see a path of progress beginning here, let's keep the communication going.

If you want to get it east OR west from Toronto (Brampton) I can take it to Michigan (Detroit Area) around Aug 1, or East to Kingston ON, or even Montreal QC another time in the Summer.

Longlegs
03-20-2009, 10:37 PM
I can help through Illinois. Maybe meet somebody from Indy, or Chicago and take it towards St.Louis

dltang
03-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks Star but bjt and I are in Michigan. We will be in Niagara Falls with Director who is from London Ont. We are meeting jeuchler who is from MA or CT (one of those little New England states...LOL) along with HDXBones, Roaddog and Smylinatcha, hopefully. Anyway, we will be able to bring it from east to west into MI and meet up with some spyderlovers here to sign it and then either pass it off to Scotty or ride with Scotty to pass it off. Maybe we could meet you somewhere along the way though and get your signature and photo with the banner. Heck, join us in Niagara Falls in April.

Longlegs, it sounds like a Chicago meet might be a good idea, (maybe south of actual Chicago) to pass off the banner. I think we have a good path going.

Lamonster
03-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks Star but bjt and I are in Michigan. We will be in Niagara Falls with Director who is from London Ont. We are meeting jeuchler who is from MA or CT (one of those little New England states...LOL) along with HDXBones, Roaddog and Smylinatcha, hopefully. Anyway, we will be able to bring it from east to west into MI and meet up with some spyderlovers here to sign it and then either pass it off to Scotty or ride with Scotty to pass it off. Maybe we could meet you somewhere along the way though and get your signature and photo with the banner. Heck, join us in Niagara Falls in April.

Longlegs, it sounds like a Chicago meet might be a good idea, (maybe south of actual Chicago) to pass off the banner. I think we have a good path going.

That sounds great Deb. :thumbup:

Make sure to have everyone sign it.
Take a picture with it if you can.
Take lots of pics of people and the area.
Some video would be cool too.

I'm leaving in about an hour to take it to Kentucky. :yes::2excited::spyder2:

NancysToy
03-21-2009, 07:58 AM
It would be nice if we could work in some appearances at some bike events along the way, even little local ones.
-Scotty

bjt
03-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Sorry, Mike, I just reread RoadDog's and HDXBones' posts...

If that's easier to get it to them, and them to me, that's great, too, of course!

(They get the free diner meal, then!) :nojoke:

I hope you don't run out of those free diners before you meet us at The Falls... ;) ;) :D :D :joke:

Lamonster
03-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Today's ride went great with a few note worthy events. :2thumbs:

I left my house just after 9 am and headed to the BP to meet Roger and his brother and another cool guy that drove all the way from Asheville to ride with us. I forgot his name already :opps: I got just about to my turnoff and the road was closed so that put me behind a bit. :sour:

When I got there the boys were ready to ride. There was one Spyder and two really nice Harleys. :spyder2::doorag::doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1482
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1483

It was a little cool (41) but not too bad. I did change my gloves when I got there. I mapped the route out on the GPS and it took us on some really great roads, not much highway at all. The Spyder was running great and I'm really digging my new Corbin bags. Everyone says it looks like the Batmobile now. :dontknow:

We were about 6 miles from our meeting place in Jenkins, KY when I looked over at a gas station on the right and saw some crazy biker waving his arms as we drove by. I wasn't sure but I thought it might have been Mike. Sure enough it was and even though he parked his Spyder on the road where I could see it there was a big group of folks around it so I never did see it till we turned around. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1484

We filled up with fuel and headed south to get some lunch. Turns out there was nothing in Jenkins so it was best to just head back. Mike followed us back.

We found a Arby's and pulled in there to take a few pics and to sign the banner. At first I was thinking that only SpyderLover members should sign the banner but then I thought that's not right, these guys drove a couple of hundred miles with us and they earned the right to sign the banner. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1485
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1486

You got to understand that Mike is missing a leg and his left arm it pretty messed up too but he still made the trip and it was a lot colder where he started from. I've ridden with this guy in many states and even Canada, he's a real hardcore rider.:thumbup:
Here's where I handed it off to Mike to make it's way to New York. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1487

While we were in line at the Arby's I asked Roger if he saw that dead cat I hit. He said yea I flinged it up at him :yikes: and then he flinged it back at is brother. :yikes: That cat got around. nojoke Then his brother told us a story about a week old possiom that he hit that flew up in his face and had him puking his guts out for over an hour. :barf: It was a great story, just not at lunch time. :D

Mike rode a little while longer and split off somewhere, I never did see him leave. We took another route home and I let the Spyder open up a bit on a long open highway. GPS said 101 and speedo said 110.:spyder:

Somewhere along the way my XM radio decided to give me fits and I was messing with it driving down the road and I hit the kill switch. That was fun.:sour:

We pulled off at a DQ and got some ice cream and shared a few more stories. All and all it was a great day. When we went to leave my Spyder had the "check engine" light flashing and then it went into limp mode. I had a feeling what it was so I popped the fuse box cover and sure enough two of the relays had come loose. The road going into the DQ was pretty ruff and I think that's what might of done it. Rogers Corbin backrest had popped out and was sitting on the rear seat when we pulled in so I'm sure that's what it was. I did pull all the relays when I got home and took some needle nose pliers to them and gave each prong a little twist so they stay in there better next time I hit a big bump.

So now the banner has been pasted on and I can't wait to read the stories and look at the pictures of the next adventure it will take. This was a lot of fun and I hope you all get to be a part of it in the future. :thumbup:

LDFIREWORKS
03-21-2009, 05:23 PM
@ dest. daytona playing with magic man:clap:

bjt
03-21-2009, 05:25 PM
lamonster, after a year of seeing pics of you and your Spyder, its strange not seeing a big yellow trailer behind your ride. Keeping that new paint job under wraps for a special occasion?

jeuchler
03-21-2009, 06:06 PM
...So now the banner has been pasted on and I can't wait to read the stories and look at the pictures of the next adventure it will take. This was a lot of fun and I hope you all get to be a part of it in the future. :thumbup:

That's awesome, Lamont!

I'm hurrying to get some NMN peg extenders, new pegs, a new tank bag (as well one of those shop manuals on CD) so the banner can ride in comfort and style when it comes to our leg of the trip! :doorag:

The_Spyderwoman
03-21-2009, 08:43 PM
WOO HOO!!:thumbup::clap::clap::yes::cheers:

GOOD JOB - GREAT PICS!! :b2b:

KEEP IT COMING!!:2thumbs:

STAY SAFE!!:doorag:

jeuchler
03-21-2009, 08:54 PM
You know, I was thinking...

Maybe we should attach a Spot GPS tracking device so folks could find the banner as it travels! (http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/07/spot-personal-gps-tracker-the-argonauts-lifeline/)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/08/8-7-07-spot.jpg

mike3069
03-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey All!

After meeting up w/ Lamont and his buddy's to pick up the banner, I followed them South on 23 a bit and then split off and took 160 over Black Mtn., the highst point in KY. Man was this a great, twisty mountain road. After getting back on 119 east and going over Pine mountain to Jenkins, I headed east to Elkhorn City. Nice Kentucky river bottom riding. At Elkhorn City I went south into Breaks Interstate Park. This was a pleasant surprise. The road in was an AWESOME twisty river bottom road with some GREAT views from thr park itself. From there
I went North again (back down that AWESOME twisty road) and took 460 back to 119 and home to Lovely.

All told Just over 300 miles today.

I anticipate a Wed. departure to Places North w/ the banner tucked safely in the front trunk of PE3069 for delivery to jeuchler (place and time still TBD, come and help).

Now I have to go change :spyder: oil and keep 'er happy!

Mike Murphy

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1510
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1509

nyfdtsdemt
03-21-2009, 09:26 PM
will take it and imheading to memphis in mid will bring it to ZZ "tim" and greg h if they want it to move it form there!

The_Spyderwoman
03-21-2009, 11:48 PM

If Longlegs can go south we've got ryders in Chillicothe,IL; Peoria,IL; Springfield,IL and they lead to St. Louis:thumbup:. I can go any direction from there! I would love to be apart of this and will take it toward KS or OK if needed, on a weekend! We are headed to San Antonio, TX May 30-31 time frame. Sounds like if it makes it here; it may be here earlier than May 30th!! I'll be watching the banner (GPS) :spyder:tracker!:2thumbs: Let me know if I can help!:clap::2excited:

Lamonster
03-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey All!

After meeting up w/ Lamont and his buddy's to pick up the banner, I followed them South on 23 a bit and then split off and took 160 over Black Mtn., the highst point in KY. Man was this a great, twisty mountain road. After getting back on 119 east and going over Pine mountain to Jenkins, I headed east to Elkhorn City. Nice Kentucky river bottom riding. At Elkhorn City I went south into Breaks Interstate Park. This was a pleasant surprise. The road in was an AWESOME twisty river bottom road with some GREAT views from thr park itself. From there
I went North again (back down that AWESOME twisty road) and took 460 back to 119 and home to Lovely.

All told Just over 300 miles today.

I anticipate a Wed. departure to Places North w/ the banner tucked safely in the front trunk of PE3069 for delivery to jeuchler (place and time still TBD, come and help).

Now I have to go change :spyder: oil and keep 'er happy!

Mike Murphy

Hey Bro, send me your pics and I'll post them for you. :doorag:
SpyderSupport@gmail.com

SpyderByter
03-22-2009, 07:22 PM
When is it being passed off to the CT crew? (HDX, Smylin, and Road dog?)

0228lisa
03-22-2009, 09:52 PM
I think we're going to ride to Saratoga Springs to pick it up from Mike next weekend, and bring it to jeuchler in MA, the following weekend. Any in CT are invited to join either leg, or maybe we can have a "signing" get together during the layover.....We'll make firm plans later in the week, weather for next weekend isn't looking great at the moment.....

Let me know if Jacksonville is needed.:doorag:

jeuchler
03-22-2009, 09:57 PM
.....We'll make firm plans later in the week, weather for next weekend isn't looking great at the moment.....

You could drive over in your Dodge Ram.

(Ooo. Too mean? No, I didn't forget the rainy Vermont days of summer, 2008...) :joke:

spyderbob
03-23-2009, 05:52 AM
Hey Mike been to Breaks Interstate park have many relatives that live on the virgina side so that is where we stay when we go to visit may havef to take spyder next time it is a beautiful ride.

Mrs Spyder Bob

SpyderByter
03-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I think we're going to ride to Saratoga Springs to pick it up from Mike next weekend, and bring it to jeuchler in MA, the following weekend. Any in CT are invited to join either leg, or maybe we can have a "signing" get together during the layover.....We'll make firm plans later in the week, weather for next weekend isn't looking great at the moment.....

Rain in the forecast from Sunday March 29 right thru Wed April 1st.

I have this Sat, the 28th open for a ride with you guys if that works for you. Sunday the 29th, I have to be at a ceremony, and the following weekend, Sat April 4th, I have a friends 25th wedding anniversary at 3 PM. (Available in the morning tho)

If I can’t join you for the pick up or drop off ride, I would definitely like to meet you before it’s passed on to sign.

jeuchler
03-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Looking like Saturday might be the better day, Roaddog and I will make a decision by Thursday when the forecast is a little more solid. Bringing it to MA might be the following Sunday, 4/05, (does that work for you jeuchler?) leaving Saturday, 4/04, for folks to sign.....

Sunday April 4th is good.

You coming back up from CT to MA, or coming back east from NY?

Lamonster
03-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Found some more pics from the first banner run. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1591
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1592
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1593
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1594
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1595
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1596
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1597
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1598
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1599
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1601
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1602
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1603

Bersquack
03-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey don't forget about me! I could be a link between a few places. I could easily pick it up as far as Northern Indiana, to the MN or IA border with WI or even MI.

Keep me posted!:2thumbs:

jeuchler
03-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Hey, Mike3069

Did you have a good ride North to us? I warned you it'd be cold!

(Is the banner safe and sound?!)

Roaddog2
03-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey, Mike3069

Did you have a good ride North to us? I warned you it'd be cold!

(Is the banner safe and sound?!)Mike is in Saratoga safe and sound just talked to Him he is waiting for power at his place and will be back on forum soon.HDX and I leaving Saturday morning to meet him to bring banner in to CT.Just also got off of phone with Garganos GSS power sports and they would be Honerd to hold banner so other spyder owners and lovers in CT. can sign it then I will pick up Friday afternoon then off to Mass :ani29::2excited:

dltang
03-26-2009, 12:34 PM
dThis is getting so exciting. I can't wait to meet John and Barb in Niagara Falls with the banner. Hopefully we will have a large enough group there for decent signing with photos as well. This is so fun!!

Director
03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
dThis is getting so exciting. I can't wait to meet John and Barb in Niagara Falls with the banner. Hopefully we will have a large enough group there for decent signing with photos as well. This is so fun!!

I think I've got Noukone on board to go too, Deb. Just waiting to hear back from him for confirmation of his availability. :thumbup:

Bruce

crazycanuck
03-26-2009, 02:44 PM
everyone write small, there are a lot of us across the country and the signatures could get crowded:shocked::D

Lamonster
03-26-2009, 04:08 PM
everyone write small, there are a lot of us across the country and the signatures could get crowded:shocked::D
You can use the back too if needed. :spyder2:

jeuchler
03-26-2009, 04:16 PM
You can use the back too if needed. :spyder2:

I would like to reserve that little space inside the first "e" for my autograph.

(By the way, that blue line on the map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Mosheim,+TN+37818&daddr=Lovely,+KY+to:saratoga+ny&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.012785,-82.647425&sspn=3.043995,5.185547&ie=UTF8&z=6) is about to get pretty funky-looking!)

Lamonster
03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Banner Location as of 03-26-09 "click: Saratoga, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Mosheim,+TN+37818&daddr=Lovely,+KY+to:saratoga+ny&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.012785,-82.647425&sspn=3.043995,5.185547&ie=UTF8&z=6)
Banner has traveled 967 miles +or- so far. :doorag:

SpyderByter
03-27-2009, 04:48 AM
Looking like Saturday might be the better day, Roaddog and I will make a decision by Thursday when the forecast is a little more solid.

Bones, The weather is looking good for Sat. (Partly cloudy, high 40's)

If you are going up Rt 7 north, I can meet you at the Kent Coffee shop, or anywhere on route. Just give me a time.

Who's going?

dltang
03-27-2009, 08:22 AM
I think I've got Noukone on board to go too, Deb. Just waiting to hear back from him for confirmation of his availability. :thumbup:

Bruce

Bruce, that is great. It will be good to see him again. How is he doing by the way? I hope all is well and that the weather holds up for us.

Director
03-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Bruce, that is great. It will be good to see him again. How is he doing by the way? I hope all is well and that the weather holds up for us.

Deb, shortly after the death of his nephew, Noukone's brother-in-law died suddenly of a heart attack, so this winter has not been kind to him and his family, but he is doing well and looking forward to a good season of Spyder riding. We were out together for a short ride earlier this week after work.
Let's continue to hope and pray for excellent weather for your anniversary trip! We just never know what April will bring in this part of the world, but I am optimistic about our chances. :thumbup:
Best to Brian too,

Bruce

Lamonster
03-27-2009, 09:16 AM
I got to thinking it would be cool if we could get the banner at every Spyder dealer in the country and maybe keep it there till the next run. It would be a great place to meet and maybe meet even more SpyderLovers that don't know about the site. What do you think? :doorag:

NancysToy
03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
I got to thinking it would be cool if we could get the banner at every Spyder dealer in the country and maybe keep it there till the next run. It would be a great place to meet and maybe meet even more SpyderLovers that don't know about the site. What do you think? :doorag:
Tall order, but sounds pretty cool. We need to keep a way to touch those riders in states without dealers, or in the middle of nowhere, however. I'd make a point of trying to visit all dealers, but leave keeping it there at the option of the dealers themselves, and with the owners with custody of the banner at the moment. Even visiting one or two dealers per state or province would be pretty cool, and still would take a lot of time. This is exciting!
-Scotty

tatt2r
03-27-2009, 09:41 AM
just received pm from roaddog2 i can pick up banner in mass and bring it to new hampshire if you can do it on sunday the 5th ... i can then try to get a hold of rider from maine and drop it there if that wil work

tatt2r
03-27-2009, 09:42 AM

the only problem i can see on my end is that there hasnt been a spyder run in my area yet :coffee:

Lamonster
03-27-2009, 10:09 AM
the only problem i can see on my end is that there hasnt been a spyder run in my area yet :coffee:

Yea it may not workout to get it to every dealer. Just a thought. :popcorn:

crazycanuck
03-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Someone save me a spot for my signature on front of the banner.......pls see sig on why:D:D

Roaddog2
03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Were just gone to have to make one there arnt we :spyder2:

SpyderByter
03-27-2009, 08:35 PM
SpyderByter- this is the Dunkin' Donuts we'll be at-

(http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20width=)
(http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=dunkin+donuts+thomaston+ct&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.450489,79.101563&ie=UTF8&ll=41.667714,-73.071697&spn=0.016196,0.01941)

OK see you there at 8:30-9. :thumbup:

mike3069
03-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, it's a beautiful day for a ride here in the Northeast, and Roaddog and crew have taken full advantage of it to pick up the Spyderlovers.com banner for it's next leg on the journey.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3575/3393007282_43b1c45dcc.jpg?v=0

It is on the way to CT now and then, I believe it heads up to hand off to jeulcher in MA.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1634

Lamonster
03-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Very cool. Make sure to post where it is when it gets there so I can update the map. :doorag:
:yes::2excited::spyder2:

Roaddog2
03-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Very cool. Make sure to post where it is when it gets there so I can update the map. :doorag:
:yes::2excited::spyder2:Hand off complete Banner is in Bridgeport CT safe and sound will bring to GSS Powersports (Garganos) East Haven CT Monday AM for other CT Spyderlovers and Spyderryders and should be off to Mass for next Hand off next Sat or Sunday :clap::2thumbs:

jeuchler
03-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Hand off complete Banner is in Bridgeport CT safe and sound will bring to GSS Powersports (Garganos) East Haven CT Monday AM for other CT Spyderlovers and Spyderryders and should be off to Mass for next Hand off next Sat or Sunday :clap::2thumbs:

Ha!

We might've passed you near route 20 when we rode over to my Berkshire County Spyder dealer (with a nicely expanded display area, including three Spyders in stock) and headed past Shaker Village to Troy, NY today...:doorag:

---So we get to Lebanon Valley, NY and there are four state police cruisers parked and four LEO's standing in the middle of the road. I pull over immediately before I get to them and quickly dig for my wallet. "Put that away!" the lovely bride says, "They'll think you're trying to bribe them!"

I pull back onto the road where I am immediately surrounded by police as I try to explain, "I thought this was a fundraiser stop!" (If you've never seen it, small town police, fire, and veterans' groups up here set up "tolls" on busy side roads where folks throw donations in buckets as they drive past. My two busks would've made a pretty insulting bribe...for whatever it was my better half thought I was trying not to get caught doing :dontknow: )

They were amused as they gave the Spyder and us the once over, and then complimented the machine. One officer said "It sure sounds nice..."

I was hoping he wasn't being sarcastic, but just to be safe, I didn't make the Micron bark too much as they shooed us on our way.

SpyderByter
03-29-2009, 06:23 AM
Well, it's a beautiful day for a ride here in the Northeast, and Roaddog and crew have taken full advantage of it to pick up the Spyderlovers.com banner for it's next leg on the journey.

It is on the way to CT now and then, I believe it heads up to hand off to jeulcher in MA.

Yes it wasa beautiful day! HDX took us back through some of the best country cruzin roads my Spyder has ever seen in it's short life.

It was nice meeting you Mike Very interestin set up on your Spyder with the shifter. You inspired me to get a trunk mounted on the plate of my sport rack. Enjoy some ridin up there this Summer.

vt228
03-29-2009, 12:00 PM
welcome I can meet someone in CT, and bring it to mass then June to Laconia New hampsher to hand it off.let me no Vt228 (Don)welcome

Lamonster
03-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Looks like you guys had a good ride and a good time. Thanks for keeping it going. :thumbup::doorag:

dltang
03-29-2009, 12:42 PM
welcome I can meet someone in CT, and bring it to mass then June to Laconia New hampsher to hand it off.let me no Vt228 (Don)welcome

I am not sure exactly what direction everything is going but I don't think it will still be on the east coast come June. If all goes as planned, we will be picking up the banner in a couple of weeks from Jeuchler in Niagara Falls, and going through Ontairo, Can. on our way through MI. Once we get to MI, there are a few folks here that will meet and sign the banner, then I do believe someone offered to meet down by the Ohio or IN border for the next leg. Of course, this thing has a life of it's own and anything could change. LOL Hope you at least get a chance to sign it and ride with it for a bit, no matter what.

Lamonster
03-29-2009, 05:07 PM
:thumbup:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1645

jeuchler
03-29-2009, 05:53 PM
The banner is scheduled to go to jeuchler in MA next weekend. I'm thinking maybe we can all meet in Brattleboro, VT for the handoff, some lunch and signing/photos...

The Chelsea Royal Diner? Breakfast served all day: (http://www.chelsearoyaldiner.com/pics.htm)

http://www.chelsearoyaldiner.com/pics/dinerFrontal.jpg

...Perhaps that would be more convenient for MA, VT, and NH members? jeuchler, does that work for you? At the moment, Sunday, 4/04, looks to be the day...

I can do it on Sunday the 5th for lunch.

subject to the whims of New England weather of course....:doorag:

Not worth much. Just a prediction:

http://wrgb-radar.freedombroadcasting.net/7Day_Forecast.jpg

AMTJIM
03-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Are you bringing this with you on your trip to L.A.?

Roaddog2
03-29-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm in Sunday :ani29:

jeuchler
03-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Sunday the 5th-yeah, that's what I meant! How's 11:30-12:00 sound?

I'll be waiting. You guys have my #.

The Royal Diner looks great, you're the local expert, I'll leave it up to you.....

The Royal has been there forever, but I've never actually been, only ridden by it twenty times on the way to Maine.

Hopefully several New England/New York ryders can meet us there.....

They know about it now...

dltang
03-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Are you bringing this with you on your trip to L.A.?

We would sure like to. Who knows where it will be by the time the trip starts. Lamont and bjt and I were just talking about that earlier today. If we get an opportunity to get hold of it during our trip to LA we will make sure it gets to the BRP event. From there, Lamont said there is someone that could take it to Alaska. That would be very cool. So we will just have to keep track of it and see where it is come June 22 or 23.

M2Wild
03-30-2009, 06:43 AM
[quote=jeuchler;83829]
The Royal has been there forever, but I've never actually been, only ridden by it twenty times on the way to Maine.
[quote]

They got really good food. I go there every chance I get. You will like it a lot. Order the best special you see on the menu because you might not ever see it again.

Imma gonna try to make it down the Gorgiano's on Saturday to sign the banner and get my parking brake fixed at the same time. Going to NYC on Sunday.

SpyderByter
03-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Looks like you guys had a good ride and a good time. Thanks for keeping it going. :thumbup::doorag:

The banner was great idea, and a good way to meet with other Spyderlover members. I was glad to be part of it. :clap:

mike3069
03-30-2009, 11:03 AM
The banner was great idea, and a good way to meet with other Spyderlover members. I was glad to be part of it. :clap:
:agree:

Maybe I can meet up with you all for lunch on Sunday!

I'll keep ya posted.

jeuchler
03-30-2009, 04:20 PM
:agree:

Maybe I can meet up with you all for lunch on Sunday!

I'll keep ya posted.

What, do you want the banner back already, Mike?

Roaddog2
03-30-2009, 06:32 PM
:agree::agree::joke:
What, do you want the banner back already, Mike?

vtrider
03-30-2009, 06:43 PM
I've been watching this post and was hoping it would make It's way to Vermont at some time. I live in the nothern part of the state and I'm not able to get away for any long distance trips at this time. Work and family responsibility keeps me tied close to home. Anyhow, next weekend in Brattleboro, just may work for me. I really would like to have an opportunity to meet some of you folks and take part in this banner signing.
I can't promise anything at this time, but I'll know more by the end of the week if I can make the trip.

jeuchler
03-30-2009, 06:51 PM
I've been watching this post and was hoping it would make It's way to Vermont at some time. I live in the nothern part of the state and I'm not able to get away for any long distance trips at this time. Work and family responsibility keeps me tied close to home. Anyhow, next weekend in Brattleboro, just may work for me. I really would like to have an opportunity to meet some of you folks and take part in this banner signing.
I can't promise anything at this time, but I'll know more by the end of the week if I can make the trip.

Terrific, vtrider.

What is that, about a three-hour hike from Fairax to Brattleboro?

jeuchler
03-30-2009, 06:53 PM
They got really good food. I go there every chance I get. You will like it a lot. Order the best special you see on the menu because you might not ever see it again.

Imma gonna try to make it down the Gorgiano's on Saturday to sign the banner and get my parking brake fixed at the same time. Going to NYC on Sunday.

Thanks, M2Wild.

The only thing better than diner food is good diner food!

(You want us to send you something off the menu?)

tatt2r
03-31-2009, 10:32 AM
is banner going to make it here ????

SpyderByter
03-31-2009, 10:37 AM
is banner going to make it here ????

Shoot up 101 west Sunday, would like to meet you.

tatt2r
03-31-2009, 10:43 AM
Shoot up 101 west Sunday, would like to meet you.

not sure where 101 is ????

DynamoBT
03-31-2009, 11:49 AM
tatt2r, click on the link to the diner. There is a way to get directions to it. 101 W in NH continues all the way past Keene. It's a short hop over the border on NH 10 then 93 S the VT 9. The diner is on Rt 9.

I would sure love to meet up with all you Spyder ryders. I'm going to have to play it by ear though. Keep this thread updated with any changes to time on Sunday 5/5/09.

I'll watch this thread and get there if I can.

Hubby says the 101 W route is slow. He recommends going up 93 N to 89 and picking up 202 in Henniker. Following that down to Keene. The rest is the same.

Anyway, we're thinking about it.

jeuchler
03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Keep fingers crossed for Sunday. Had enough hail to shovel yesterday, so who knows:

http://wrgb-radar.freedombroadcasting.net/7Day_Forecast.jpg

MetroAsian
04-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Damn...this banner is going to take a while to get to California :(

vtrider
04-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Terrific, vtrider.

What is that, about a three-hour hike from Fairax to Brattleboro?

Three hours from where I live would be about right. I guess I-91 south would be my best choice. Route 7 south would work too. If the weather isn't too bad I'll try to make it. I'm well equipped for the cold and have rain gear, but it's not much fun riding in the rain. Yesterday I rode to work at 4:00am. Temperature out was around 38 F to 40 F and it was snowing lightly at the time, with some accumulation on the pavement, but not enough to make it dangerous to ride the spyder. You never know what to expect with New England weather.

Roaddog2
04-01-2009, 07:51 AM
is banner going to make it here ????Like the US Postal Service Me and HDX deliver through Rain Sleet and Snow :thumbup:

bjt
04-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Like the US Postal Service Me and HDX deliver through Rain Sleet and Snow :thumbup:

I notice you didn't put Smylinacha's name down there... :D

Roaddog2
04-01-2009, 06:17 PM
I notice you didn't put Smylinacha's name down there... :D:agree::agree:

Smylinacha
04-01-2009, 07:20 PM
:agree::agree:

When my wifely duties to HDX stop (and that normally happens with getting up way too early, crummy weather, or getting dirty), your wifely duties to HDX take over my dear! You are his second wife you know. That is why he calls you Sweetie whenever you call him upteen times a day.

Lamonster
04-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Just got a email from the Marketing Manager Philippe Normand at BRP and he said
Make sure to bring the banner at the LA owner event on June 27So we need to make sure Deb and Brian get this for their trip out west. :thumbup::yes::2excited:

dltang
04-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Just got a email from the Marketing Manager Philippe Normand at BRP and he said So we need to make sure Deb and Brian get this for their trip out west. :thumbup::yes::2excited:

That is pretty cool Lamont. Of course we can be proactive from April through June. Maybe we can funnel it down through Ohio, Pennsylvania (Father Leo) and West Virgina back across Kentucky. So that by the time of our trip it is in IN or IL. We will be coming down I-69 through Fort Wayne and Indianapolis. As long as the banner is in that general vicinity by June 22nd, we will be okay. We will make sure to track it and keep track so that it can get to LA for sure!! Also, along the route to LA we have already heard from members that want to say hello, so this gives them an opportunity for a banner signing as well.

Lamonster
04-02-2009, 07:50 AM
That is pretty cool Lamont. Of course we can be proactive from April through June. Maybe we can funnel it down through Ohio, Pennsylvania (Father Leo) and West Virgina back across Kentucky. So that by the time of our trip it is in IN or IL. We will be coming down I-69 through Fort Wayne and Indianapolis. As long as the banner is in that general vicinity by June 22nd, we will be okay. We will make sure to track it and keep track so that it can get to LA for sure!! Also, along the route to LA we have already heard from members that want to say hello, so this gives them an opportunity for a banner signing as well.

Cool, I would like to keep it moving and like you say we got plenty of time to get it back to you guys. :doorag:

Roaddog2
04-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Just got a email from the Marketing Manager Philippe Normand at BRP and he said So we need to make sure Deb and Brian get this for their trip out west. :thumbup::yes::2excited:
I'm sure plenty of :spyder:ryders will step up to keep it goin now that weather is getting better and if not I need a good excuse to visit Mich and have it back in time for LA.
:spyder2:

dltang
04-02-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm sure plenty of :spyder:ryders will step up to keep it goin now that weather is getting better and if not I need a good excuse to visit Mich and have it back in time for LA.

Roaddog, no excuse needed to visit MI, you are welcome anytime, heck you can even bring the HDX & Smylin :2thumbs:

crazycanuck
04-02-2009, 12:02 PM
from LA to Canada:chat:

NancysToy
04-02-2009, 03:22 PM
If you come, give me some warning. My garage needs lots of tidying to meet your standards! :)
-Scotty

jeuchler
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM

Oh, great.

Now there's pressure.

Smylinacha
04-02-2009, 03:59 PM
If you come, give me some warning. My garage needs lots of tidying to meet your standards! :)
-Scotty

:clap:LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Roaddog2
04-02-2009, 04:08 PM
-ScottyThis has been discussed with my other wife HDX and we will be in touch if it materializes no Garage clean up nessisary would expect you Nancy and Dtang and Bjt to show us your favorite roads.
We will have Smylinacha bring her swiffer and your garage will be all set:ani29:

dltang
04-02-2009, 04:32 PM
This has been discussed with my other wife HDX and we will be in touch if it materializes no Garage clean up nessisary would expect you Nancy and Dtang and Bjt to show us your favorite roads.
We will have Smylinacha bring her swiffer and your garage will be all set:ani29:

I was thinking we would take you to "A Damn's site Inn" for lunch in Hell. We could get all of us in the photo with the big Welcome to Hell sign. If we take the back roads, it is a nice drive.

NancysToy
04-02-2009, 05:57 PM
This has been discussed with my other wife HDX and we will be in touch if it materializes no Garage clean up nessisary would expect you Nancy and Dtang and Bjt to show us your favorite roads.
Favorite roads? I ride an old Triumph, I'm lucky to make it to the end of the street. LOL
-Scotty

Smylinacha
04-02-2009, 06:12 PM

:thumbup:

Smylinacha
04-02-2009, 06:13 PM

So when are we going?

Roaddog2
04-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Favorite roads? I ride an old Triumph, I'm lucky to make it to the end of the street. LOL
-ScottyYou will just have to borrow the :spyder:or fire up the Beamer :2thumbs:

jeuchler
04-02-2009, 07:30 PM
So when are we going?

So...you won't get up early enough on Sunday to drive to southern Vermont from Connecticut, but you're going to Michigan?

I see how it is.

Roaddog2
04-02-2009, 07:43 PM
So...you won't get up early enough on Sunday to drive to southern Vermont from Connecticut, but you're going to Michigan?

I see how it is.:bdh:it's called a wake up call :coffee:

Smylinacha
04-02-2009, 07:44 PM

I see how it is.

Oh I'm getting up on Sunday (I'll sleep in on Saturday). Michigan? I'll be on vacation so I can make up for any lost sleep in the hotel! Wanna go?

Smylinacha
04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
That looks like me trying to get her out of bed......:doorag:

Well I need sleep because although you pass out at a decent hour, your snoring keeps me up till 3 a.m. most nights.:mad:

jeuchler
04-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh I'm getting up on Sunday (I'll sleep in on Saturday). Michigan? I'll be on vacation so I can make up for any lost sleep in the hotel! Wanna go?

Uh...planning this trip has already taken 150 posts so far and it's only Thursday. It's confusing my little brain.

And I can see Vermont from here.

(Michigan is, like, what--further?)

Smylinacha
04-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Uh...planning this trip has already taken 150 posts so far and it's only Thursday. It's confusing my little brain.

(Michigan is, like, what--further?)

Come on - you gotta go! Just think of all the fun we can have posting on here! That oughtta take at least 1500 posts!:2excited:

Roaddog2
04-02-2009, 08:03 PM

(Michigan is, like, what--further?)Arnt you the Math Guy it's only a few more inches on the map :joke:

bjt
04-03-2009, 07:10 AM

My favorite roads were in Tennessee. Thats quite a haul from here. :D

bjt
04-03-2009, 07:12 AM

-Scotty

Be sure to buy extra tinfoil so we can all make those hats Smylinacha and Roaddog were talking about. :D :D :joke:

Roaddog2
04-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Be sure to buy extra tinfoil so we can all make those hats Smylinacha and Roaddog were talking about. :D :D :joke:Must be REYNOLDS WRAP:ani29:Trusted since 1947 6.96 mills wich is 2 mills over required minimum :D

mike3069
04-03-2009, 08:15 AM
:thumbup:Lookin' good to meet y'all in VT on Sunday!:D

Smylinacha
04-03-2009, 11:29 AM

:2thumbs:

SpyderByter
04-03-2009, 02:20 PM
yes mr. Costner

mike3069
04-03-2009, 08:40 PM
yes mr. Costner
:)LOL

Man am I in need of a ride! Is it Sunday yet?

vtrider
04-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm still planning to make the trip to Brattleboro on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure if I will take the scenic route south on 100, or just go for the quick route I89 south to I91 south then Rte 9.
Hopefully mother nature will cooperate with us and give us some sunshine.:pray:

SpyderByter
04-04-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm still planning to make the trip to Brattleboro on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure if I will take the scenic route south on 100, or just go for the quick route I89 south to I91 south then Rte 9.
Hopefully mother nature will cooperate with us and give us some sunshine.:pray:

Great, look forward to meeting you.

SpyderByter
04-04-2009, 09:56 AM
going to have to remember a camera. Brian Dennehy and Kevin Costner will be there.

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:m8M2tbUXFfMMkM:http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2009/03/12/e031252A.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2009/03/12/e031252A.jpg&imgrefurl=http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2009/03/12/8726631-cp.html&usg=__aOr9dI-287hMDJM7-eJ1_atIBwQ=&h=442&w=300&sz=66&hl=en&start=17&um=1&tbnid=m8M2tbUXFfMMkM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=86&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dactor%2Bdennehy%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1 GGLQ_ENUS304%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/image.php?u=1943&dateline=1237502254 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=1943) http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ky3iF33eLVMgtM:http://majorlyenglish.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/cool-kevin-costner.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://majorlyenglish.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/cool-kevin-costner.jpg&imgrefurl=http://majorlyenglish.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/disturbing-trends/&usg=__ZXsiBNmylU2TrOGf3CgbIWVMdK0=&h=360&w=300&sz=31&hl=en&start=78&um=1&tbnid=ky3iF33eLVMgtM:&tbnh=121&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcostner%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3 D1G1GGLQ_ENUS304%26sa%3DN%26start%3D60%26um%3D1) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/image.php?u=1642&dateline=1214931530 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=1642)

mike3069
04-04-2009, 11:23 AM
How bout that.

Both Vermonters too! (Part of my At Large is VT, where I grew up)

vtrider
04-04-2009, 05:14 PM
going to have to remember a camera. Brian Dennehy and Kevin Costner will be there.

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:m8M2tbUXFfMMkM:http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2009/03/12/e031252A.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2009/03/12/e031252A.jpg&imgrefurl=http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2009/03/12/8726631-cp.html&usg=__aOr9dI-287hMDJM7-eJ1_atIBwQ=&h=442&w=300&sz=66&hl=en&start=17&um=1&tbnid=m8M2tbUXFfMMkM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=86&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dactor%2Bdennehy%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1 GGLQ_ENUS304%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/image.php?u=1943&dateline=1237502254 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=1943) http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ky3iF33eLVMgtM:http://majorlyenglish.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/cool-kevin-costner.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://majorlyenglish.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/cool-kevin-costner.jpg&imgrefurl=http://majorlyenglish.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/disturbing-trends/&usg=__ZXsiBNmylU2TrOGf3CgbIWVMdK0=&h=360&w=300&sz=31&hl=en&start=78&um=1&tbnid=ky3iF33eLVMgtM:&tbnh=121&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcostner%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3 D1G1GGLQ_ENUS304%26sa%3DN%26start%3D60%26um%3D1) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/image.php?u=1642&dateline=1214931530 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=1642)

I'll be sure to bring a camara. My daughter dropped my camara and ruined it, so I have to use her camara.

vtrider
04-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Ok, this just is not right! It's 6:20pm and I'm looking outside as I'm reading these posts, And I see SNOW mixed with RAIN. I hope the temps up here don't drop too much and it all turns to just snow. That could make for a long ride on the spyder.

DynamoBT
04-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Yup!!!:clap:

jeuchler
04-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Ok, this just is not right! It's 6:20pm and I'm looking outside as I'm reading these posts, And I see SNOW mixed with RAIN. I hope the temps up here don't drop too much and it all turns to just snow. That could make for a long ride on the spyder.

Just drove through snow all the way from Burlington, VT to western Massachusetts.

Fun.

Barb denied it was snow, even as it accumulated. She, like many of us, is done with winter and thinks she can keep it at bay and bring on the spring season by sheer will.

(I'll be there. Even though I just drove past the Royal Diner on Friday night, I had to rewire a new plug on my Garmin just now. I've become addicted to it. I put it on when I drive to work, which I am pretty sure I know the way to...)

See you all for "breakfast-served-anytime..."

Smylinacha
04-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I'll bring my swiffer

mike3069
04-04-2009, 09:25 PM
I'll bring my snowmobile gear!:D

Smylinacha
04-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Winds are tough here right now - supposed to die down tonight though. Hope it pushes all the clouds outta here!

dltang
04-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Just drove through snow all the way from Burlington, VT to western Massachusetts.

Fun.

Barb denied it was snow, even as it accumulated. She, like many of us, is done with winter and thinks she can keep it at bay and bring on the spring season by sheer will.

(I'll be there. Even though I just drove past the Royal Diner on Friday night, I had to rewire a new plug on my Garmin just now. I've become addicted to it. I put it on when I drive to work, which I am pretty sure I know the way to...)

See you all for "breakfast-served-anytime..."

You tell Barb to keep "willing" away the winter. Every little bit helps. Brian and I spent the better part of our afternoon riding and checking things out. It was up to 50 but very windy. Snow and rain and cold come back until next weekend now. Yuck

vtrider
04-05-2009, 03:52 AM
Still going! I just looked out and snow is accumulating, but hopefully the highway isn't too messy. I'll probably need to find a car wash to clean up the spyder once I get there.

SpyderByter
04-05-2009, 05:41 AM
I am still in. There must be a ski shop up there, we can strap a pair of skis to the front wheels and create BRP's next on/off road vehicle.

:trike:

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 06:24 AM
Hey, CT gang--

Take it easy. It's still snowing up here...nojoke

(Forecast still says "partly cloudy and breezy!")

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 06:47 AM
I don't know if anybody has a satellite internet connection (to read this post while they riding) but the microclimate here is now 39 degrees and actually party cloudy.

I don't see any snow on the road. Leaving soon.

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 03:53 PM
OK, Barb and I are the first ones home, everybody else had another state to drive (NY, CT, NH).

We had a late start due to black ice, and once we got going, our friend on his Bandit had to turn around when we hit unplowed snowy roads.

Banner is safely (?) in Salem, NH with tatt2r on it's way to Maine and then back to us in Eastern Massachusetts, then to Niagara Falls, downtown Canada.

There was a solemn vow (on a stack of toenail windshields) by a certain person that that person would absolutely not use Photoshop on any of the pics he took.

So while you wait for all the other stories and photos (I think there were fourteen of us plus one doggy), here's a taste:

(1) Barb, on top of Hogback mountain (2,3) The parking lot, after Royal Diner food (4) Ev & Patti's slot car! (5) tatt2r and RoadDog taking photos of who knows what

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 04:09 PM
More pics, while you wait for the others to get home and upload theirs:

(1) We wander aimlessly after a hearty lunch (2) Most of us: vtrider, Smylinacha, HDXBones, Ev, Patti, Spyderbyter, Dee, Barb, Mike3069 (3) The Passing of the Sacred Scroll!

I have to say, I haven't laughed so loud and so hard and so often in a real long time. Thanks, everybody, we had a great visit with you all!

tatt2r and I should exchange the banner again this week, which'll mean it will have traveled through just about all New England + New York

DynamoBT
04-05-2009, 04:24 PM
We're home too. It was great meeting everyone!! Now to get to work on actually getting one of these things.:rolleyes:

tatt2r
04-05-2009, 04:34 PM
More pics, while you wait for the others to get home and upload theirs:

(1) We wander aimlessly after a hearty lunch (2) Most of us: vtrider, Smylinacha, HDXBones, Ev, Patti, Spyderbyter, Dee, Barb, Mike3069 (3) The Passing of the Sacred Scroll!

I have to say, I haven't laughed so loud and so hard and so often in a real long time. Thanks, everybody, we had a great visit with you all!

tatt2r and I should exchange the banner again this week, which'll mean it will have traveled through just about all New England + New York

we made it too brother nice meeting you ...see you next week .... sitting in my shop dee's legs are cold i'm going to dump my coffee on her now...:coffee:

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 04:41 PM
we made it too brother nice meeting you ...see you next week .... sitting in my shop dee's legs are cold i'm going to dump my coffee on her now...:coffee:

I feel terrible.

I brought a whole box of Swiffers with us and I forgot to give them to Smylinacha and HDX to clean their bikes...

http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE3-1472774dt.jpg

tatt2r
04-05-2009, 04:42 PM

tatt2r
04-05-2009, 04:44 PM

Magic Man
04-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Patti and I made it home OK in the "slot car" LOL.

We had a GREAT TIME with everyone today! It was really nice to finally meet people from Spyderlovers face to face. :yes:

I hope everybody had a safe and fun ride home.

Maybe when the weather is warmer we can have a Spyderlovers meet someplace this summer and get everybody from Spyderlovers there. :dontknow:

Thanks for a fun day! :thumbup:

MM

dltang
04-05-2009, 04:54 PM
That looked like a great meet, can't wait to get the banner in Niagara Falls, I hope we have a good group for that one too. I am pretty sure Father Leo and his wife are driving up on Sat. to meet and sign the banner.

bjt
04-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Can somebody put some SpyderLover handles or real names with a few of those faces? I recognize some but not all.

Lamonster
04-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Can somebody put some SpyderLover handles or real names with a few of those faces? I recognize some but not all.
:agree::2thumbs::doorag:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1744 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9554)

tatt2r
04-05-2009, 05:39 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1744 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9554)

well u can guess which one i am the girl to the left of me is my girl dee ....

Lamonster
04-05-2009, 05:43 PM
well u can guess which one i am the girl to the left of me is my girl dee ....
What I want to know is how all those ugly guys got such good looking gals. :dontknow::bowdown:

DynamoBT
04-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Hubby, Ron, and I are not in the banner pictures. We had a dog at home. Had to cut things short at the end to get on the road.

I've got mega short hair and I'm wearing a cranberry fleese jacket. Ron is mostly bald w/white hair remaining, glasses wearing a tan jacket.

Again, it was really good to put names to faces and meet up with you all.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1393&d=1238967700

Director
04-05-2009, 06:09 PM
OK, Barb and I are the first ones home, everybody else had another state to drive (NY, CT, NH).

We had a late start due to black ice, and once we got going, our friend on his Bandit had to turn around when we hit unplowed snowy roads.

Banner is safely (?) in Salem, NH with tatt2r on it's way to Maine and then back to us in Eastern Massachusetts, then to Niagara Falls, downtown Canada.

There was a solemn vow (on a stack of toenail windshields) by a certain person that that person would absolutely not use Photoshop on any of the pics he took.

So while you wait for all the other stories and photos (I think there were fourteen of us plus one doggy), here's a taste:

(1) Barb, on top of Hogback mountain (2,3) The parking lot, after Royal Diner food (4) Ev & Patti's slot car! (5) tatt2r and RoadDog taking photos of who knows what

Black ice? Unplowed snowy roads? :yikes: John, you folks are all true Road Warriors! My hat's off to y'all! :thumbup:

Bruce

tatt2r
04-05-2009, 07:07 PM
What I want to know is how all those ugly guys got such good looking gals. :dontknow::bowdown:

Money

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Black ice? Unplowed snowy roads? :yikes: John, you folks are all true Road Warriors! My hat's off to y'all! :thumbup:

Bruce

Nah.

We drove the shortest distance, we just went through the most weather unfriendly to bikes. Nothing compared to Ontario-typical weather, I'm sure, Bruce!

(When we hit the snow, Barb calmly kept smacking the side of my helmet.
When I turned around and yelled, "WHAT?" she just said, "You're crazy."

I think I greeted RoadDog first when we got to Brattleboro. He said "Tatt2r has an idea for rerouting the banner this week." I said, "What? We FedEx the darn thing to Los Angeles?!"

At that moment I was a bit cold, hungry, and one of my ears were ringing as if my helmet had been repeatedly smacked...but I got ungrumpy fast when we met everybody and the sun came out and we ate good food. :thumbup:

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Hubby, Ron, and I are not in the banner pictures. We had a dog at home. Had to cut things short at the end to get on the road.

I've got mega short hair and I'm wearing a cranberry fleese jacket. Ron is mostly bald w/white hair remaining, glasses wearing a tan jacket.

Again, it was really good to put names to faces and meet up with you all.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1393&d=1238967700

Are you sure your puppy wasn't there?!

So that's Dee, Marilyn--DynamoBT--, and Ron from left to right. OK, bjt?!

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 07:20 PM

Geez. OK...I think, from left to right:

vtrider, RoadDog, Smylinacha, HDXBONES (rear), MagicMan, Patti (below), SpyderByter, Dee, Barb,Tatt2r, jeuchler, Mike3069.

Actually, this one was taken by another patron at the diner, right tatt2r?

(And, Lamont, not that I ever pay attention to detail, but you missed a state with the banner route: This is the real path it has taken so far (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Mosheim,+TN+37818&daddr=Lovely,+KY+to:saratoga+ny+to:bridgeport+ct+t o:brattleboro+vt+to:salem+nh&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=39.605688,-77.124023&sspn=9.03702,14.150391&ie=UTF8&ll=39.89288,-76.618652&spn=8.99958,14.150391&z=6).)

tatt2r
04-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Geez. OK...I think, from left to right:

vtrider, RoadDog, Smylinacha, HDXBONES (rear), MagicMan, Patti (below), SpyderByter, Dee, Barb,Tatt2r, jeuchler, Mike3069.

Actually, this one was taken by another patron at the diner, right tatt2r?

(And, Lamont, not that I ever pay attention to detail, but you missed a state with the banner route so far: This is the real path it has taken so far (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Mosheim,+TN+37818&daddr=Lovely,+KY+to:saratoga+ny+to:Bridgeport+CT+t o:salem+nh&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=39.605688,-78.046875&sspn=11.742045,20.742187&ie=UTF8&ll=39.605688,-77.124023&spn=11.742045,20.742188&z=6).)
no i took it i'm just very fast on my feet:joke:

Smylinacha
04-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I feel terrible.

I brought a whole box of Swiffers with us and I forgot to give them to Smylinacha and HDX to clean their bikes...

http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE3-1472774dt.jpg

LOL! Forget those things - :spyder:needs a major hosing off now after our little ride on Route 9!

SpyderByter
04-05-2009, 08:22 PM
That was great! We gotta do it again and get a few more New Englanders involved. Fantastic ride, good food and wonderful people.

:2thumbs:

SpyderByter
04-05-2009, 08:25 PM
and thanks to all of you who took and posted pics.......

mike3069
04-05-2009, 08:29 PM
What a great day! I'm home safe and sound after an excellent "Breakfast Served All Day" meal with a bunch of wonderful fellow Spyderlovers members.

175 miles total for the day, some of it on slushy, wet VT roads. The lowest temp on the dash was 33F over the VT mountains between Bennington and Searsburg. The highest 60F when coming out of the Royal Dinner after eating.

I've said it before, the Spyder and Bushteck trailer combo handles even better than the Spyder alone! The extra weight of the trailer just seems to make the thing even easier to drive in the twisty stuff and the power (torque) band of the engine is perfectly matched to the job of hauling it all up the hills.

Great to meet you all.

Mike Murphy

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Here's my pics for the mix......

Smylinacha putting the Swiffer away before leaving CT-0900
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/f/8/5/f852d81c92d33cfeb9b736ffc9954df10_large.jpg

Darn I wish I had given you the box I brought...

Mike3069's trailer(that he practically stole)...
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/f/1/1/f11cd0d22c8c22e9a90f9ed99d2c73420_large.jpg

Not for nothing, but he had a freakin' CHAIR in there! That's storage.

Magic Man, Smylinacha, and SpyderByter
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/9/5/b/95be179850c7bad0b57f39a4678162f40_large.jpg

Hmmm...Thinking about that C.H.A.D...

A gaggle of Spyders(and a Harley:doorag:)
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/a/1/5/a15189e0fad1ac50b34c3ec743a830ed0_large.jpg

I think the term is a "murder of spyders." Like with crows.

Signing the Banner
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/6/8/3/6837c2118e55fbe048faac4aaa3bdfd60_large.jpg

Please everyone realize that that Sharpie has to travel with the banner!

Group shot

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/5/c/3/5c3b6d4647ef8efae17abc914c5b0e600_large.jpg

My hair looks gooood in this pic.

There's a story about Roaddog and this donut, but he'll have to tell it.....
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/5/5/c/55cf0f3202223f33e823a6baf8319a560_large.jpg

Aw, they had donuts?!

On the way home in Pittsfield, MA
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/e/b/d/ebd4391c0bc43b856eab18f86f593aad0_large.jpg

(The reason we live in Clarksburg now is because we have lived in Ozone Park, Flushing, and have both worked in Pittsfield.

Wanted a town name that didn't sound like it was made up for a cartoon movie...)

These photos are awesome, HDX. Thanks loads. Thanks for the recommendation on the C.H.A.D., too.

Still owe you lunch at Brewhaha (Hayabusa diner) or the Blue Benn. Offer good all summer! :thumbup:

Smylinacha
04-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Had an AWESOME DAY! Met the coolest people! We definitely gotta get together again :) So nice meeting you all!:2thumbs::clap::doorag:

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/d/c/f/dcfc3c3b42b1ac9d136275d51c2f112a0_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/2/d/b/2dbc16d3df3709efcdf72d41667d83f60_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/d/7/4/d747a32586e2131affb8aaddfc8d65680_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/e/f/6/ef675605e1009f267ee9cd140ada54470_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/2/8/0/2804cd6995827720e8dcb8725bf195c60_large.jpg

Smylinacha
04-05-2009, 08:37 PM
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/b/b/f/bbf4fd1180e704e8775d6353ab95e1860_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/6/d/9/6d9c10e7d9a4d042f7be2270388bc3360_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/f/4/9/f490fbb0b7712b4028354b58a30bf9910_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/3/d/5/3d558d1c1f2ef51ffd6dbeb79bea1d630_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/9/9/1/991245d66a0e851b8d2fd6a48df6c81c0_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/4/4/1/44114c7a75e011e83caba070388a21a00_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/4/9/e/49ea8f486cacfc0ac6a537f4e28b4f7f0_large.jpg

Smylinacha
04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/c/5/8/c586c290a2bf168c0b889f08f998aa680_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/8/2/5/82514a7745bcc06f27f2199fcd2158600_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/c/2/b/c2baadabb39d7a5efd443245f90f64c40_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/7/b/b/7bb18a453dedc90a93219e58e681fdf20_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/3/4/e/34ef4e2d38252a2ba29424f6b977e6f10_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/d/1/6/d164c26499adb1f2d04c982894e6dcfe0_large.jpg

Smylinacha
04-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Darn I wish I had given you the box I brought...

Not for nothing, but he had a freakin' CHAIR in there! That's storage.

Hmmm...Thinking about that C.H.A.D...

I think the term is a "murder of spyders." Like with crows.

Please everyone realize that that Sharpie has to travel with the banner!

My hair looks gooood in this pic.

Aw, they had donuts?!

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/e/b/d/ebd4391c0bc43b856eab18f86f593aad0_large.jpg

(The reason we live in Clarksburg now is because we have lived in Ozone Park, Flushing, and have both worked in Pittsfield.

Wanted a town name that didn't sound like it was made up for a cartoon movie...)

These photos are awesome, HDX. Thanks loads. Thanks for the recommendation on the C.H.A.D., too.

Still owe you lunch at Brewhaha (Hayabusa diner) or the Blue Benn. Offer good all summer! :thumbup:

LOL - you are too funny!

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 09:08 PM

After today, I'll bet it's because of our insane sense of humor...:joke:

jeuchler
04-05-2009, 09:39 PM
By the way, the people in the photo are responsible for

1020+1454+544+1179+214+41+182+23+981+826=6,464 posts here, or about 11% of all of them.

(+ 1 = 6,465.)

bjt
04-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Great pics, all of you. Makes me wish I could have been there. :thumbup:

Roaddog2
04-06-2009, 08:02 AM

1020+1454+544+1179+214+41+182+23+981+826=6,464 posts here, or about 11% of all of them.

(+ 1 = 6,465.)Can I work with you on some Lotto pics :thumbup:

Roaddog2
04-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Here's my pics for the mix......

Smylinacha putting the Swiffer away before leaving CT-0900
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/f/8/5/f852d81c92d33cfeb9b736ffc9954df10_large.jpg

Mike3069's trailer(that he practically stole)...
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/f/1/1/f11cd0d22c8c22e9a90f9ed99d2c73420_large.jpg

Magic Man, Smylinacha, and SpyderByter
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/9/5/b/95be179850c7bad0b57f39a4678162f40_large.jpg

A gaggle of Spyders(and a Harley:doorag:)
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/a/1/5/a15189e0fad1ac50b34c3ec743a830ed0_large.jpg

Signing the Banner
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/6/8/3/6837c2118e55fbe048faac4aaa3bdfd60_large.jpg

Group shot

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/5/c/3/5c3b6d4647ef8efae17abc914c5b0e600_large.jpg

There's a story about Roaddog and this donut, but he'll have to tell it.....
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/5/5/c/55cf0f3202223f33e823a6baf8319a560_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20090405/e/b/d/ebd4391c0bc43b856eab18f86f593aad0_large.jpgWe met the Magic Man and we also Met the Donut Man that's all I'm gone to say :2thumbs:

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks for all the great pics. That's what I'm talking about :thumbup::clap::2thumbs::bowdown::yes::firstplace: :cheers:

Smylinacha
04-06-2009, 11:01 AM

(+ 1 = 6,465.)

How long did that take you to do?

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 02:39 PM
All the pics for the Banner Run can be found in one place right here. :doorag:

SpyderLovers Banner Run (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=171)
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=1450&albumid=171&dl=1237472974&thumb=1 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=171)

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
(And, Lamont, not that I ever pay attention to detail, but you missed a state with the banner route: This is the real path it has taken so far (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Mosheim,+TN+37818&daddr=Lovely,+KY+to:saratoga+ny+to:bridgeport+ct+t o:brattleboro+vt+to:salem+nh&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=39.605688,-77.124023&sspn=9.03702,14.150391&ie=UTF8&ll=39.89288,-76.618652&spn=8.99958,14.150391&z=6).)
Thanks, it's fixed. :doorag:

jeuchler
04-06-2009, 04:13 PM
How long did that take you to do?

Ten minutes on my abacus.

jeuchler
04-06-2009, 04:14 PM
All the pics for the Banner Run can be found in one place right here. :doorag:

SpyderLovers Banner Run (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=171)

Cool, Lamont. Thanks again.

jeuchler
04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I thought all of those were in museums by now......:dontknow:

Yeah, those are the antiques. I got one of the newer solar-powered ones.

ataDude
04-06-2009, 05:19 PM

At least you could move forward a bit and use a slide rule. :D

jeuchler
04-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Can I work with you on some Lotto pics :thumbup:

Funny you should say...

I was reading this article on how few people understand probability:

When given the choice between having a 10% chance at winning $100 million, or having a 99% chance at winning $1 million, most people choose the 99% chance, even though the return is much greater with choice B.

(NOW who's "The Hijacker" RoadDog?!)

Roaddog2
04-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Funny you should say...

I was reading this article on how few people understand probability:

When given the choice between having a 10% chance at winning $100 million, or having a 99% chance at winning $1 million, most people choose the 99% chance, even though the return is much greater with choice B.

(NOW who's "The Hijacker" RoadDog?!):agree::agree:It is ok to name me that so long as I don't get thrown out :2thumbs:

Smylinacha
04-06-2009, 06:24 PM

This is how great I am at math - I would have NEVER given it one thought LOL!:2thumbs: I fail if I can't count on my 10 fingers - after that - I'm done.

spyderleg
04-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Lamonster: May 25th Rolling Thunder Washington DC. Any possiblities the banner could make it? Great photos to be taken by the Vietnam War Memorial. Have a group meeting at the Lincoln Memorial from Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania.

ataDude
04-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Might I suggest we not denigrate the meaning of the Memorial by doing this?

Lamonster: May 25th Rolling Thunder Washington DC. Any possiblities the banner could make it? Great photos to be taken by the Vietnam War Memorial. Have a group meeting at the Lincoln Memorial from Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania.

spyderleg
04-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Might I suggest we not denigrate the meaning of the Memorial by doing this?

Fully understand what you are conveying here. I would like to remind you there will be many group pictures taken over the weekend and with friends and veterans. A group of Spyder Ryders at this Memorial having a picture taken with a banner is far from disrespectful. Being there and honoring the fallen and showing support for those that served and still do is why I will be there.

Semper Fi

jeuchler
04-06-2009, 09:30 PM
At least you could move forward a bit and use a slide rule. :D

ata--

On my shelf:

ataDude
04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
ata--

On my shelf:

:D :D :D :D :D

mike3069
04-07-2009, 11:04 AM
It's amazing the creature comforts that a Bushteck allows.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3338/3421618736_db3208ebaf_m.jpg

The ride over. It got worse, I had to drive over this!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3420812621_1040dbe751_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3420812621_1040dbe751_m.jpg)

Roaddog singing the banner
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3385/3421621750_495f0d9105_m.jpg

Guess whose this is?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3618/3421623278_c425c3217d_m.jpg

Dee and tatt2r signing, Mrs. Magic & Marilyn watching
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3421622624_213b01a93f_m.jpg

Jeuchler & Barb, vtrider behind tatt2r
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3554/3421624826_568215e143_m.jpg

Magic man signing
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3327/3420817191_25a1f7633f_m.jpg

Bestowing custody of the Banner
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3640/3421627146_6a9ea15c62_m.jpg

The Official Handoff!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3352/3420819507_86ff1863ea_m.jpg

All the Riders minus me and Marilyn & Hubby
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3557/3420817983_c9d1bf4965_m.jpg

And, last but not least, my favorite, Smylinacha, smiling at you.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3421624070_89037b423b_m.jpg
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3421624070_89037b423b_m.jpg)

Lamonster
04-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Banner Location as of 04-05-09 "click: Salem, NH (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Mosheim,+TN+37818&daddr=Lovely,+KY+to:saratoga+ny+to:bridgeport+ct+t o:brattleboro+vt+to:salem+nh&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=39.605688,-77.124023&sspn=9.03702,14.150391&ie=UTF8&ll=39.89288,-76.618652&spn=11.693537,20.742188&z=6)
Banner has traveled 1386 miles +or- so far. :doorag:

vtrider
04-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Sorry I'm late with these, But my son needed to tie up the computer for homework. These are some of the pics that I got together.

This was what it looked like leaving my driveway at 7:30AM Sunday.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide001.jpg

My spyder and Mike's, We were the first to arrive.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide006.jpg

Then more of you showed up.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide003.jpg

The Royal Diner was great!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide005.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide008.jpg

vtrider
04-07-2009, 06:47 PM
The girls and the guys!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide009.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide010.jpg

Smylinacha taking pictures of the banner signing.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide011-1.jpg

It was a good time had by all!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide012.jpg

Nice rest stop going back home. The Veterans Memorial visitor center in Charon Vermont on I-89 north. Some folks there were facinated by the spyder.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide013.jpg

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 08:52 PM
These are awesome, Mike--Thanks!!

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Sorry I'm late with these, But my son needed to tie up the computer for homework. These are some of the pics that I got together...

Geez, vtrider, get your priorities in order!!

(Thanks. This has become a great album.)

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I know I'm posting alot tonight (avoiding work) but I have to say thanks again to everybody for this memory.

One more:

I checked my answering machine messages from Sunday (yes--today, Tuesday) and my daughter says, "Oh, I think one of the guys you were supposed to meet called to check on you."

I had sent a text message to HDXBONES to whine about the weather and that we were still moving toward our destination.

Sure enough, later while Barb and I were messing with the snow and had not arrived at the diner yet, HDX had called home just to see if we were still alive.

Thanks, bro. :thumbup:

SpyderByter
04-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Thanks not required, that's just what 'bikers' do......:doorag:

I wonder if recluze, or re-clueless now realizes that you can't stereotype people like that.

If "bikers" are people like HDX and Lamont, and the group that met in Brattleboro, I would be happy, nay, proud to herd with them, wear dead animals, and flatulate.

:yes:

jeuchler
04-08-2009, 06:10 AM
I wonder if recluze, or re-clueless now realizes that you can't stereotype people like that.

If "bikers" are people like HDX and Lamont, and the group that met in Brattleboro, I would be happy, nay, proud to herd with them, wear dead animals, and flatulate.

:yes::
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Perfect!

mike3069
04-08-2009, 06:18 AM

:clap::clap::clap:

Director
04-08-2009, 07:22 AM

Good one!
:2thumbs::D:D:D

bjt
04-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Ouch, I thought this thread was about the banner run. :dontknow: Its taken a tact that isn't normally seen on this forum.

Lamonster
04-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Ouch, I thought this thread was about the banner run. :dontknow: Its taken a tact that isn't normally seen on this forum.

You're right back on track.:shocked:
So when are you getting the banner?? :doorag:

Smylinacha
04-08-2009, 07:16 PM

:clap::agree::agree::agree:

jeuchler
04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
You're right back on track.:shocked:
So when are you getting the banner?? :doorag:

Sorry.

I'll take some of the blame...:opps:

I'll mail the banner to bjt on Monday---Um. I mean...he'll get it soon.

bjt
04-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Only about 8 days away. :yes:

jeuchler
04-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Only about 8 days away. :yes:

bjt

You'll still have your Givi cases on for the Falls trip, or are you relying on dltang's new trailer?

I just wanted to see some up close...

bjt
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
They'll be there. :yes:

Sopher
04-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Mail the banner?....
I thought the whole idea was for the banner to travel with a SPYDER across the states.

Figures that becuase the Banner is in Salem NH, I'm on Vacation near Columbus Ohio. (I live out side of Boston, just a bit south of Salem NH.)

oh well.

jeuchler
04-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Mail the banner?....

Sorry. Just joking.:joke:

(My whiney reponse to riding in the snow to get to the last banner gathering...)

Seriously, it should get from NH to Maine any minute now, then to MA this Sunday, then through NY to Ontario, Canada on April 19 and on to Michigan around April 20th or 21st.

Smylinacha
04-09-2009, 05:24 PM
It's amazing the creature comforts that a Bushteck allows.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3338/3421618736_db3208ebaf_m.jpg

The ride over. It got worse, I had to drive over this!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3420812621_1040dbe751_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3420812621_1040dbe751_m.jpg)

Roaddog singing the banner
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3385/3421621750_495f0d9105_m.jpg

Guess whose this is?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3618/3421623278_c425c3217d_m.jpg

Dee and tatt2r signing, Mrs. Magic & Marilyn watching
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3421622624_213b01a93f_m.jpg

Jeuchler & Barb, vtrider behind tatt2r
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3554/3421624826_568215e143_m.jpg

Magic man signing
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3327/3420817191_25a1f7633f_m.jpg

Bestowing custody of the Banner
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3640/3421627146_6a9ea15c62_m.jpg

The Official Handoff!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3352/3420819507_86ff1863ea_m.jpg

All the Riders minus me and Marilyn & Hubby
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3557/3420817983_c9d1bf4965_m.jpg

And, last but not least, my favorite, Smylinacha, smiling at you.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3421624070_89037b423b_m.jpg
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3421624070_89037b423b_m.jpg)

Yeah cuz I was in a dandy good mood that day. You don't wanna know me when I'm maddachya ;) BTW - you totally haul A$$ with that trailer - you and HDX were goin toe to toe and it was so cool watching you two ride side by side on the twisties.

tatt2r
04-10-2009, 12:31 PM
met with spyder1012 this morning to sign banner in maine one more state down lamont.... also went to salisbury ma and stopped in at G&G Cycle where i picked up my spyder ... dropping banner off in worchester ma on sunday....
had breakfast and drove back in time for work .....great guy we all need to take a cruze to maine to visit him over the summer....:coffee:

Smylinacha
04-10-2009, 12:45 PM
:2thumbs::clap::thumbup::spyder::D:doorag::doorag: :doorag:

DynamoBT
04-10-2009, 12:55 PM
A bit windy here, but a good day for riding in the Northeast!! :f_spider:

jeuchler
04-10-2009, 01:20 PM
met with spyder1012 this morning to sign banner in maine one more state down lamont.... also went to salisbury ma and stopped in at G&G Cycle where i picked up my spyder ... dropping banner off in worchester ma on sunday....
had breakfast and drove back in time for work .....great guy we all need to take a cruze to maine to visit him over the summer....:coffee:
]

Great pics , tatt2r! Perfect day for the banner swap! And another ride to Maine sounds great.

But, most importantly, and I know RoadDog is wondering this too: do you still have the Sharpie?!

(Check your pm's about the next phase...)

Roaddog2
04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Great pics , tatt2r! Perfect day for the banner swap! And another ride to Maine sounds great.

But, most importantly, and I know RoadDog is wondering this too: do you still have the Sharpie?!

(Check your pm's about the next phase...)Mission accomplished yes I'm very worried over the Sharpie :2thumbs:

tatt2r
04-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Mission accomplished yes I'm very worried over the Sharpie :2thumbs:

sharpies are intact...... :D:coffee:

Roaddog2
04-10-2009, 03:02 PM
sharpies are intact...... :D:coffee:You are the keeper until it is passed on :ani29:I snagged a Silver one at work but a week 2 late:ani29:

Lamonster
04-10-2009, 03:25 PM
You guys did good. :2thumbs:

Smylinacha
04-10-2009, 04:26 PM
The girls and the guys!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide009.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide010.jpg

Smylinacha taking pictures of the banner signing.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide011-1.jpg

It was a good time had by all!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide012.jpg

Nice rest stop going back home. The Veterans Memorial visitor center in Charon Vermont on I-89 north. Some folks there were facinated by the spyder.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide013.jpg

:thumbup: Nice meeting you! I'm sure we'll all be doing some good rydes this summer:D

spyder1012
04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
tat2r,

Great meeting you guys today. Thanks again for breakfast. Lets get one thing straight though so theres no confusion, next time i'm buying.

Dean

jeuchler
04-10-2009, 04:54 PM
tat2r,

Great meeting you guys today. Thanks again for breakfast. Lets get one thing straight though so theres no confusion, next time i'm buying.

Dean

Man, somebody better make a spreadsheet of all the meals owed.

(I think I promised or owe HDX, Smylinacha, RoadDoag, tatt2r, Dee, dltang, bjt, director...)

Anyhoo, check if I have this map correct for where the banner has been up to this point:

http://www.6impossible.com/spyder/SpyderBanner.tiff

vtrider
04-10-2009, 05:30 PM
:thumbup: Nice meeting you! I'm sure we'll all be doing some good rydes this summer:D

Thank you! It was a pleasure!:cheers:

vtrider
04-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Great pics Tatt2r! I'm sure you had a great time. :clap:

dltang
04-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Man, somebody better make a spreadsheet of all the meals owed.

(I think I promised or owe HDX, Smylinacha, RoadDoag, tatt2r, Dee, dltang, bjt, director...)

Anyhoo, check if I have this map correct for where the banner has been up to this point:

http://www.6impossible.com/spyder/SpyderBanner.tiff
John, that map is a great idea. Good Job!!!

tatt2r
04-10-2009, 08:06 PM
tat2r,

Dean

then if your buying we can get dinner:2thumbs::coffee:

bone crusher
04-10-2009, 08:37 PM
How are we looking for memorial day rolling thunder? It'd be nice to get the banner for that...

jeuchler
04-12-2009, 12:49 PM
On our way right now to Salem, NH to pick up the banner from tatt2r.

(Snowing this a.m. here. It figures....) :thumbup:

tatt2r
04-12-2009, 01:13 PM
On our way right now to Salem, NH to pick up the banner from tatt2r.

(Snowing this a.m. here. It figures....) :thumbup:

nice and dry here (cold) but dry ......coffee will be a waiting:coffee:

Smylinacha
04-12-2009, 03:36 PM
nice and dry here (cold) but dry ......coffee will be a waiting:coffee:

I don't think it even made it out of the 40's here today and the wind is nasty!