PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Hampton Roads...

gparr
07-08-2016, 04:51 PM
...who might be comfortable helping someone (me!!!) take off left side panels to install a gearbrake?

Being a musician, I have TERRIBLE mechanical skills. And trying to remove the mirror and panels is WAY beyond my comfort zone. I would be more than willing to compensate you for your time!

Thanks!

kitkat61
08-03-2016, 10:35 AM
...who might be comfortable helping someone (me!!!) take off left side panels to install a gearbrake?

Being a musician, I have TERRIBLE mechanical skills. And trying to remove the mirror and panels is WAY beyond my comfort zone. I would be more than willing to compensate you for your time!

Thanks!

Just came across this post. If you are installing the Gear Brake Smart Brake module (the decelerometer), you don't really have to remove anything!

I just copied this from my other post, so if it didn't come out ok, just search the threads for Gear Brake.

To install, look for panel that has passenger sensor.
Lift seat, it's on the left (as you sit on the bike) and for the RT at least, there's a wire coming out of it that connects to the seat.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=134197&d=1468929271&thumb=1 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=134197&d=1468929271)

Pull panel a bit to the left, and you can pop it up enough to get your fingers under it to fish out the brake wire connection.

IF YOU HAVE A TRAILER there may be two, and you want the one on the right. If not sure, disconnect one and step on the brake. If it lights up, you got the trailer line. If not, you got the brake line.

Then plug the Gear Brake module in between the two brake line ends and feed the delecerometer up through that nice hole they already put there.

Put the wires back under the panel and clip panel back into place. If panel doesn't want to lay flat, you probably have a module on it's side. Make sure all connectors are horizontal for a better fit.

Stick decelerometer to the side next to the panel, making sure arrow is facing forward and you have it fairly level. (DO NOT stick it to the seat!)

Easily done in less than 5 minutes! At worst, if your fingers/hands are too big to reach under the edge of the panel, you'll have to take out a couple screws.

Hope that help, sends me a PM if not. I'm in Chesapeake.

Chupaca
08-03-2016, 01:38 PM
there are 8 members in Hampton Roads but you can also check with the Spyder's to the rescue group on spyder codes app. There may be someone around your area....:thumbup:

gparr
08-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys...I followed the above directions and everything went smoothly!!!

Triciaj10
08-25-2016, 11:18 AM
Suffolk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk