PDA

View Full Version : Longest Journey To Date Starts tomorrow

sypderrobinson134
07-07-2016, 11:47 PM
I know this isn't much to most of you but I'm going on what will be my longest single straight through trip tomorrow, I'll be running almost 250 miles over about 4-5 hours. Then on Sunday I make the teak back home for a total of about 500 or so miles. Pretty excited to do something like this for sure. I also picked up a slick pair of riding boots for the trip, now I just need to make sure I have my gloves. Going to be a lot of fun and well worth the trip. I just wanted to share the experience with you guys.

Chupaca
07-07-2016, 11:57 PM
Relax take good breaks and hydrate. Your going to have a blast...:ohyea:enjoy the trip and take a picture....

Peter Aawen
07-08-2016, 01:05 AM
^^ Good advice!! :thumbup:

We all started our longer trips somewhere, & some of us are lucky enough to (now) recall those first forays into long distance riding a whole lot better than we did a decade or so back!! So at least some of us do know what it feels like to be setting out on our biggest trip so far - besides, the nervous excitement does tend to make an impact that's hard to forget!!

Regardless of who remembers what, I hope you enjoy your trip; do take your time & enjoy the feeling & the riding; the scenery & roads are something that you'll probably travel thru/on again, so concentrate on the bike & the way it feels, how much you are enjoying it, & the like - and have a great one!! :thumbup:

Btw, pics & a trip report will always be appreciated, & you can use them to keep the memories alive for decades to come (at least until you start remembering the decades ago trips clearer than you can remember what it was you had for breakfast!) :rolleyes: Enjoy!! ;)

Pampurrs
07-08-2016, 01:55 AM
Nothing beats a road trip with your "knees in the breeze". Have fun, ride safe, stop often, and stay hydrated. :doorag:

Pam

Bam Bam and Pebbles
07-08-2016, 02:39 AM
Nothing beats the first time on the road, with nothing surrounding you but the open air. Keep out of cages blind spots, keep hydrated, but most of all have fun.

Lin
07-08-2016, 05:48 AM
My first "road trip" was a 16 mile trip. Now, a 200 mile round trip for lunch is becoming the norm. Enjoy the overnighter! Safe travels.

Derk
07-08-2016, 06:22 AM
take back roads, take your time and enjoy the moment. This will be the first of many.

Bob Denman
07-08-2016, 07:42 AM
:congrats: on this new adventure! :clap:
Ride safely, have fun, and return home with pictures for all of us! :D

PrairieSpyder
07-08-2016, 08:20 AM
Enjoy your trip and let us know how it goes!

ARtraveler
07-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Enjoy. It will only get better and better as time goes by. :bowdown::firstplace::firstplace::bowdown:

SpyderAnn01
07-08-2016, 04:23 PM
I hope you had a great trip getting there and make sure to give us a report after your return on Sunday. You've got some great roads in Missouri to ride on, enjoy.

Deanna777
07-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Have a safe trip, and stay hydrated, stretch, take/and post pictures when you get back. Keep us posted.

It is normal for me to ride 300 to 400 miles a day. I take short breaks, stay hydrated, gas, eat. Enjoy the scenery.

Life is too short! Deanna

cyclekid58
07-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Previously my longest road trip was about 250 miles, Sunday we embark on the trip to Deadwood for the 3 wheel rally, our shortest day will be 280 and the others over 300, coming home about 320 the first day. With all the rides, time in yellowstone and the trip over and back we will have 2,000 or so for this trip.

sypderrobinson134
07-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Ride up was good, took just short of 4 hours made it damn near straight through with no stops. Roads were good. Hell of a ride and I get to turn around and go back the opposite direction tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
07-09-2016, 10:31 AM
:congrats: On completing the first part of the trip! :clap:
Tomorow: take the LONG way home... :D

sypderrobinson134
07-09-2016, 10:51 AM
I'll prolly take some of that way once I get into kinda familiar territory but getting lost after already being out 4 hours would make for a horrible Monday work day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk