PDA

View Full Version : 2013 RT

Ex Winger
07-07-2016, 07:27 PM
I have a buddy that bought a 2013 RT Limited and he really likes the bike.But down by your foot right hand side where the heat comes out there is no cover on there at all.I think there should be a plastic cover with holes in it.The dealer told him there is no cover there and never was.Can some one with a 2013 tell me if there should be a cover and post a pic so I can show the dealer.Thank,s
Bill

ekfraz
07-07-2016, 07:34 PM
I had a 2013 RtS-SE5 that had the same problem and BRP did issue a recall for the heat problem and added air vents but did not fix mine so I sold it at a great loss with 2,000 miles. I am hoping by now that they have figures it out, tell your friend to call the dealer to get in there and get it fixed and get riding. There is not a cover on the right side from the factory, I thought that I lost it.

Lagaffe
07-07-2016, 07:35 PM
I have a buddy that bought a 2013 RT Limited and he really likes the bike.But down by your foot right hand side where the heat comes out there is no cover on there at all.I think there should be a plastic cover with holes in it.The dealer told him there is no cover there and never was.Can some one with a 2013 tell me if there should be a cover and post a pic so I can show the dealer.Thank,s
Bill

The dealer is right...
There in no cover on the right side of the RT 2013.

Ex Winger
07-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Thank,s for the quick replies.I also thought it was lost.Well know I know.
Bill

robmorg
07-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Your friend can order a right side grill for a 2014 RT for about $29. That will look exactly like the grill on the left side , plus it has a block off plate for the lower vent that is blowing hot air on his right foot. :thumbup:. There is no problem adding this to a 2013 RT, especially after the heat recall has been done.

Bam Bam and Pebbles
07-08-2016, 02:46 AM
:agree:

I bought the 2014 block off plate for my previous 2012 RT. Just took a little trimming, added some Velcro double sided tape to hold it in place, and it was perfect for covering that hole.

Bob Denman
07-08-2016, 07:03 AM
Your friend can always use this opportunity to get "creative"... :D

jcthorne
07-08-2016, 07:10 AM
We have modified a few 2013 RTs to essentially block both right hand side openings using the 14 grille and then modifying the duct behind the fan to discharge all the hot air straight down at the road. Has helped a number of our customers ride much cooler. Takes about 2 hours and the $20 grille and some plastic black mesh fabric.

Pirate looks at --
07-08-2016, 09:40 AM
We have modified a few 2013 RTs to essentially block both right hand side openings using the 14 grille and then modifying the duct behind the fan to discharge all the hot air straight down at the road. Has helped a number of our customers ride much cooler. Takes about 2 hours and the $20 grille and some plastic black mesh fabric.

That your friend wears boots, and not flip flops when riding. I never feel heat on my feet!:yes:

Cruzr Joe
07-08-2016, 09:42 AM
The dealer is right...
There in no cover on the right side of the RT 2013.

:agree::agree::agree:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
07-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Throw another" :agree:" on the pile from me...

gkamer
07-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Your friend can always use this opportunity to get "creative"... :D

Now I like that solution........

Bob Denman
07-08-2016, 05:18 PM
:D I also thought that it looked kind of cool... :clap:

cnl414
07-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Your friend can order a right side grill for a 2014 RT for about $29. That will look exactly like the grill on the left side , plus it has a block off plate for the lower vent that is blowing hot air on his right foot. :thumbup:. There is no problem adding this to a 2013 RT, especially after the heat recall has been done.

Agree with robmorg,

I have done this to mine and it has helped ALOT. :)

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Bill
Here's what I did with my 2013 RT to resolve my hot foot problem. I didn't have so much a problem with my foot getting hot on the driver peg as I did when I had it up on the highway peg.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?69303-My-upper-heat-block-mod&highlight=heat+block

Ex Winger
07-09-2016, 05:16 AM
Here's what I did with my 2013 RT to resolve my hot foot problem. I didn't have so much a problem with my foot getting hot on the driver peg as I did when I had it up on the highway peg.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?69303-My-upper-heat-block-mod&highlight=heat+block

I like this idea i,ll let him know about it.Thank,s for all the info guys.Now i,ll get him on this site and he can learn from the best.
Bill:ohyea:

cnl414
07-09-2016, 10:52 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=heat+block (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?69303-My-upper-heat-block-mod&highlight=heat+block) Quote

I did the same without drilling the holes in the pan. Seems like I read somewhere on this site that the pan was changed for the 2013 and there is a hose or something that is attached to it. (not sure now). I live in Texas and on 90 plus days it will get a little above middle on the gauge but so far no overheating problems. I can't use highway pegs though because the hot air is now directed to the top hole.

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-09-2016, 08:26 PM
I can't use highway pegs though because the hot air is now directed to the top hole.
That's why I did mine the way I did! With the big vent hole blocked the air has to go somewhere which is why I cut the big hole in the plastic behind the radiator and removed the bottom plastic. The bottom piece on the right was reinstalled because there is a hose for a evaporative filter going through it. The left one was left off.