PDA

View Full Version : New BRP Ultra Touring Windshield System w/side deflectors

jeff0110
03-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I got a call from my dealer saying the old Ultra touring windshield is no longer available and this new Ultra Winshield system with side defletors is replacing it with the same part number. The brp website has the old one listed with $0.00 dollars for the price; this is big news because you have to tell your dealer to order the new sheild if you placed one on backorder. The new windshields come in two sizes 23" and 25". I ordered the 25" one.

bone crusher
03-18-2009, 09:37 PM
I got a call from my dealer saying the old Ultra touring windshield is no longer available and this new Ultra Winshield system with side defletors is replacing it with the same part number. The brp website has the old one listed with $0.00 dollars for the price; this is big news because you have to tell your dealer to order the new sheild if you placed one on backorder. The new windshields come in two sizes 23" and 25". I ordered the 25" one.

Please list price and show pics when (and if) you get it...we'd all like to see it...so many options, so many opinions...let's see what BRP is putting up...:thumbup:

VIspyderman
03-18-2009, 09:41 PM
show pics when (and if) you get it...we'd all like to see it...so many options, so many opinions...let's see what BRP is putting up...:thumbup:

On the Spyder Ryder Blog is a write up of a trip and some decent shots of the windshield... http://spyder.brp.com/en-CA/Share/Community/Team-Blog/Blog-Entry.html?EntryID=6172c5e0-8573-4cfb-9f75-39a09e78b9aa

0228lisa
03-18-2009, 10:27 PM

Does the new windshields come in a smoke color also? I brought mine home for the first time just yesterday and at 90 miles an hour the wind was really hitting me hard in the helmet and upper body.

bjt
03-19-2009, 09:30 AM
I brought mine home for the first time just yesterday and at 90 miles an hour the wind was really hitting me hard in the helmet and upper body.

That's the same issue that everyone who yearns for a taller windshield has. There are at least 4 or 5 options for taller windshields through aftermarket companies right now with the tall BRP windshield still a few months away from being available. Those aftermarket windshields are sometimes available in various tints / smoke. Check out these options.

http://www.nomagicneon.com/windshields.html

http://www.f1windshields.com/

BRPjunkie
03-19-2009, 11:00 AM

I was waiting with anticipation like many for the BRP Ultra Tour, but the continued "don't know when we will get it" lead me to jump on Givi. This latest change in plans looks like more delays. If they now have a 23" and a 25" it will likely add more confusion to this windshield debate. The original was listed at $249 for 23". What is the price difference for the 25"?

jeff0110
03-20-2009, 08:24 AM
The new price for the Windshield is $50 more; so $300 for the 23" or the 25" as they are both the same price.

BRPjunkie
03-20-2009, 08:42 AM
The new price for the Windshield is $50 more; so $300 for the 23" or the 25" as they are both the same price.

My initial concern was the delay, but throw in the $50 price increase and I'm starting to really like the Givi at $135 even though it won't be delivered until today.

reinaldo
02-04-2011, 08:58 PM
That news is really interesting. Windshield comes in different sizes. I got my side window deflector eparately so I guess it' s a pretty good deal.

SpyderWolf
02-04-2011, 09:21 PM
That news is really interesting. Windshield comes in different sizes. I got my side window deflector (http://www.carparts.com/Side-Window-Deflectors-Visors/600022895.car) separately so I guess it' s a pretty good deal.

:oldpost:

Sorry, but this thread is almost 2 years old now.

bone crusher
02-04-2011, 10:25 PM
:oldpost:

Sorry, but this thread is almost 2 years old now.

yeah, I was wondering how people can dig up posts this old? Must have a lot of time on their hands...guess a cold winter will do that for some...

kokki
02-28-2011, 01:06 AM
I tried to find some pics of Ultra Touring Windshield (25") for RS but found only a few. I prefer to see 23" installed.

Would like to have some sporty look and maybe with Ultra Tour it's impossible but.. I would like to have some hand protector against wind so I think that Ultra Tour 23" would be awesome. Best would be some Sport Touring with hand (wind) protector.

Sny
02-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Not to keep the zombie alive but take a look at

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24288

if you want some hand protection

kokki
02-28-2011, 09:44 AM
I like lot more of Ultra Touring with wind protection :) But it just me. Hopeful I will get the Spyer in near future and then I can upload pic of it with that Ultra Touring 23 :o