PDA

View Full Version : Frunk won't latch

EDBLU
07-04-2016, 11:30 PM
Frunk won't latch. Already been to shop and they allegedly changed latch. Any suggestions on how I can fix it. The dealer kept it 3 weeks to fix it and it worked for 3 days. 2015 RTLIMITED 800 miles 2 months old

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-04-2016, 11:46 PM
How to fix /adjust .....Get a 10mm socket wrench....open hood....as you are facing it , take off the left side blk plastic cover it has one plastic rivet.....then you will see ( with a flashlite ) the two 10mm nuts on the left side of the latch ....you need to loosen them......just loosen, do not re-move ....(.the bolts won't turn so you don't have to put anything to hold them ).....you may need a screw driver to gently pry up the latch....just slightly.......then tighten the bolts .....close hood and test ....if it's still difficult.....repeat ....until it works .........Now I'm assuming the rubber washer around the edge is firmly attached....check this first.........Mike .....................PS let us know if this works....PPS .....that HOLE in front of the latch SWALLOWS nuts , never to be found again :roflblack:, so you may want to stuff it with a piece of something first.........:thumbup:

EDBLU
07-05-2016, 01:10 AM
I'll try that. Thanks

Professor
07-05-2016, 03:47 AM
Any time I've had that problem, it has just been that the rubber seal has been slightly displaced. I adjust it to make sure it's seated properly and it latches just fine. May not be your problem, but it's worth checking.

Commander
07-05-2016, 05:24 AM
I have a 2015 RTL with the same problem......Someone mentioned on this forum just push the key in like you normally wound to unlatch the frunk and turn it to the seat position it releases the latch. It happened to me a few times since then and it worked both times. Even after I took it to the dealer to have it checked out.

WellsboroSpyder
07-05-2016, 06:06 AM
I'm amazed at how many people post that their machine sits at the shop for days on jobs that should take hours. Do you have an organizer bag attached to the underside of the lid? My wife puts things in there that drags the bag down when opened and won't close until pulled back up.

BilltheDiver
07-05-2016, 09:12 AM
I had the same problem a few times with my 2015 rtl. Found that going back & forth from the frunk release to the seat release positions would trigger a release. I then learned that it happened when I did not distinctly depress the key while turning it. If I simply pressed it in without emphasis it would somehow seem to hang up the release of the latch. Since then: no more problems.

JayBros
07-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Two months old and you're letting the dealer off the hook? Get thee to those ***holes and tell them you want it fixed immediately or to be given the use of a loaner while they're dicking around trying to come up with the correct fix. Were this tactic not working for me I'd be hunting for a new dealer.