PDA

View Full Version : Property Tax for Spyder!!!

Sarge707
07-04-2016, 05:08 PM
If your State assesses you property tax on Motorcyles, Cars and Spyders, Etc- Make sure you check with town hall that they are assessing you for the proper model???
For the 3rd year in a row they assess my 2012 RT sm5 FOR a RTS or Better!!!
I go to town hall in Late Oct and look at their NADA Book for Oct (Which is the value they assess for your following July Payment) and right down the value for each of my Spyders. Yesterday for the 3rd year in a row they are assessing me for a Much more expensive model- I have to take my paperwork in again Tomorrow and show them the model I should be assessed for??
They also assessed me more than my 2015 F3 sm6 BY a couple thousand so they probably have it as a F3S SE6 or something!

If you pay property Tax PLEASE go in to town hall and check How they assess the value in your town and INSIST on seeing the calculation they use!!!

I think Many, Many people throughout the country are getting ripped off.nojoke

NOT: Towns get a special NADA book for taxes- Its Not the same as the NADA we look at normally.

Bob Denman
07-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Please note that this isn't a Spyder issue: it's an issue with taxation at the State and Local levels... nojoke
Not everybody is in this situation: in New York: they tax our real estate.:gaah:

DJFaninTN
07-04-2016, 06:11 PM
People's Republic of Connecticut sounds more like it

robmorg
07-04-2016, 07:04 PM
If your State assesses you property tax on Motorcyles, Cars and Spyders, Etc- Make sure you check with town hall that they are assessing you for the proper model???

Unfortunately, that makes sense. They probably do that routinely to everybody as a means of increasing revenue. Then they correct it after-the-fact for the astute tax payers like you. The one's who challenge it probably think it's only them that are getting the incorrect bill. The rest of the folks just aren't catching it. nojoke

Throughout history, even back to biblical times, tax collectors have NEVER been noted for their honesty. :sour:

Chupaca
07-04-2016, 07:21 PM
You can fight them on the real estate as well. there equation for figuring that is often off. :banghead:

robmorg
07-04-2016, 08:20 PM
You can fight them on the real estate as well. there equation for figuring that is often off. :banghead:
:agree:

ABSOLUTELY! Tax authorities who tax real estate have made a windfall over the past decade of deflated property values. They almost always lower your assessment if you contest it using current RE sales. You can sometimes save a lot by doing that, but in the end the municipalities never loose money - they just raise the millage rate for everyone.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-04-2016, 09:59 PM
I feel your PAIN.....now feel mine .....In Vermont if you buy a vehicle and say it's not in great shape, needs work, maybe even a transmission......you buy it for what it's worth from the seller. You go to DMV to register it and they say ....well it's worth twice as much in the book so that's what you will in taxes on it......Then when you buy all the parts to fix it, you pay more taxes on all the parts.............Personally, I think if the State wants to play it this way they should be required to buy the vehicle from you at their CLAIMED ASSESSED VALUE. I think this would end the BS assessments .....jmho....Mike :thumbup:

GearHd
07-05-2016, 04:59 AM
I feel your PAIN.....know feel mine .....In Vermont if you buy a vehicle and say it's not in great shape, needs work, maybe even a transmission......you buy it for what it's worth from the seller. You go to DMV to register it and they say ....well it's worth twice as much in the book so that's what you will in taxes on it......
:

CT is exactly the same way. They no longer go by bill of sale price. And on top of that you get taxed on it every year. I'm pretty sure in VT you only pay sales tax, no property tax on vehicles. I think I'd rather take the one-time hit at registration.

WellsboroSpyder
07-05-2016, 06:48 AM
I go to town hall in Late Oct and look at their NADA Book for Oct (Which is the value they assess for your following July Payment) and right down the value for each of my Spyders. Yesterday for the 3rd year in a row they are assessing me for a Much more expensive model- I have to take my paperwork in again Tomorrow and show them the model I should be assessed for??
They also assessed me more than my 2015 F3 sm6 BY a couple thousand so they probably have it as a F3S SE6 or something!

If you pay property Tax PLEASE go in to town hall and check How they assess the value in your town and INSIST on seeing the calculation they use!!!

I think Many, Many people throughout the country are getting ripped off.nojoke

NOT: Towns get a special NADA book for taxes- Its Not the same as the NADA we look at normally.

Don't you pay a sales tax when you purchased the Spyder. Our founding fathers must be rolling over in their graves. And what is that tax uses for. If your local government owns part of your spyder , maybe they should help out with the service cost. Why doesn't someone run for governor on grounds of repealing those taxes. just venting.

Bob Denman
07-05-2016, 06:51 AM
Big Government costs BIG money... nojoke
Guess who gets to pay for it? :gaah:

Highwayman2013
07-05-2016, 07:15 AM
In Nevada they get you with the yearly registration. The cost is based on MSRP. 2012 RTL $200/yr.

Ex Winger
07-05-2016, 07:26 AM
We have the same up as Mike is saying on taxes when you buy used.Ours is the used car package also applys to bikes.But if it needs work or in rough shape you can go to a dealer have it apprised at a lower value and thats what you,ll pay the tax on.For those who have to pax tax every year on your toy thats a real rip off.
Bill

Bob Denman
07-05-2016, 07:27 AM
My bike Registration (With personalized plates), is $36 bucks a year... :thumbup:
But my property taxes: $3000! :gaah:

Dan McNally
07-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Government costs money - it is a fact of life. Whether you pay income tax, personal property tax, sales tax, or any other tax, or not - you are still paying for your local and state government, somehow.

I recall from my military days, all the folks who planned to retire in a state without state income tax - those who did discovered that the states that don't tax income, tax you some other way, and get just as much of your money. "Registration" fees, school tax, gas tax - it is all the same - you pay to run your government, to have police departments, fire departments, roads, and all other public services.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Sarge707
07-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Went to Town Hall and Now my 2012RT sm5 is $312 and The 2015 F3 sm6 is $348 BUT getting the right model right saved me $85 in Total.

If your Taxed on the Spyder just check and make sure your NOT paying for a Higher Priced Model and Save $$$. Don't Take their Word on the Bill without Checking for Yourself because there are a LOT of Greedy Tax Assessors in this world?nojoke

Bob Denman
07-05-2016, 05:19 PM
:congrats: on making them get it right! :clap: :2thumbs:
I'm sure that none of us mind paying our fair share; we just don't want to be taken advantage of... :gaah:

SpyderAnn01
07-05-2016, 06:34 PM
When I registered my 2010 Spyder in Nevada in 2012 they registered it as a 2012 by mistake. I didn't realize it for many months but I was able to get a refund from the DMV for the overcharge on taxes.

WellsboroSpyder
07-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Government costs money - it is a fact of life. Whether you pay income tax, personal property tax, sales tax, or any other tax, or not - you are still paying for your local and state government, somehow.

I recall from my military days, all the folks who planned to retire in a state without state income tax - those who did discovered that the states that don't tax income, tax you some other way, and get just as much of your money. "Registration" fees, school tax, gas tax - it is all the same - you pay to run your government, to have police departments, fire departments, roads, and all other public services.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I don't mind paying for something the give. helps us with. But can't stand all the wasted BS

Bfromla
07-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Gotta learn that "common core" math to keep up
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160706/daa75448dacadbf61b0835dafaaf25d8.jpg

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

Cavman
07-06-2016, 01:45 AM
I've paid property taxes on my Grumman Canoe for years. I also had to pay a tax to the GA DNR for that boat registration sticker. See my canoe is a 'square tail' and I've had the option of a 5 HP outboard motor....thus all the taxes. Ain't America great!