PDA

View Full Version : Quad H.I.D. from NoMagicNeon

docdoru
03-17-2009, 08:13 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00441.jpg?t=1237338521

Spydr in KS
03-17-2009, 09:38 PM
:2thumbs: Maybe one of my next upgrades!

tatt2r
03-17-2009, 10:00 PM
:2thumbs: Maybe one of my next upgrades!

Yup

aka1004
03-17-2009, 10:37 PM
can you post a pic from ryding position? :thumbup::D
do fog light beams seem to be very low to the ground? may about bumper height when you stop behind a car?

babyanlee
03-18-2009, 03:44 AM
When Doc is behind you you know hes there - lots of lights - been in front of Doc before - looks like a truck behind you - lol lol

Magic Man
03-18-2009, 04:24 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00441.jpg?t=1237338521

Looks Great! Good job!

MM

effgjamis
03-18-2009, 04:58 PM
WHAT !!!!
no fender tips????????:joke:

aka1004
03-18-2009, 05:29 PM
It would so great if someone with nmm hid will join us for ryde on march 29th, marina del rey to Santa barbara ryde so we can take a look.

spyder3rdr
03-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Looks great ... its always sunny when you ryde :clap:

Diggittt
03-18-2009, 10:32 PM
is it the flash or does one fog have a green tint and the other a blue? hmm
I still dig it!!! H.I.D. fogs will be soon.

Diggittt

docdoru
04-12-2009, 10:20 AM
can you post a pic from ryding position? :thumbup::D

http://vholdr.com/node/21920 :shemademe_smilie::spyder:

aka1004
04-12-2009, 10:34 AM
thank you doc
looks like i will be keeping my cheap hid

kalavera
04-12-2009, 02:28 PM
When Doc is behind you you know hes there - lots of lights - been in front of Doc before - looks like a truck behind you - lol lol

:agree:

witnessed them first hand on yesterdays ride to The Shed.

HID is on my list of future mods.

effgjamis
04-12-2009, 10:44 PM

Me thinkist that speed is in excess of 80.....

However it seems that the speed doesn't seem to outdrive the lights... Great....

aka1004
04-12-2009, 10:45 PM

doc i don't know how to send pic on pm so here it is
they are 75 dollars set off ebay.
i do have quad hid also but i want just little bit more light but may be i am asking too much of 75 dollar set of hid:p
last ryde we had nobody had nmn nor ken's hid so i could not compare
i guess i will have to wait till june. i will be able to compare everybody's hid then. i am sure few will even have brp's hid.

Roaddog2
04-13-2009, 06:13 AM
After seeing Tatt2r :spyder: last week on Banner run.
I ordered mine in less than 24hrs from NMN.
when testing they burnt a hole through my garage door :joke:
They will get the real test tonight when I ride home from work
so impressed I thinking of doing my H-D Roadglide also :2thumbs::2thumbs::ani29:

bjt
04-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Seeing the HIDs in person and seeing a picture or a video of them are two different things. I haven't seen a video yet that truly shows how much better the HIDs are over the standard lights. Take roaddog for example. I'm sure he's seen videos and pictures on this site of mine, dltang's, lamonster's, DocDoru's, etc. HID lights but it wasn't until he saw Tatt2r's HIDs in person that he decided he had to have them.

Roaddog2
04-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Seeing the HIDs in person and seeing a picture or a video of them are two different things. I haven't seen a video yet that truly shows how much better the HIDs are over the standard lights. Take roaddog for example. I'm sure he's seen videos and pictures on this site of mine, dltang's, lamonster's, DocDoru's, etc. HID lights but it wasn't until he saw Tatt2r's HIDs in person that he decided he had to have them.
Seeing is definitely believing the video helped these HID were shining off my jeep in daylight over 30' away :2thumbs::2thumbs:

hondaman
04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
so what do you guys like and why.the 6000k or 8000k?Im gona get some soon....

bjt
04-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Magic Man recommended the 8K lights when dltang and I both got ours and we really like them.

Lamonster
04-14-2009, 07:21 PM
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

bone crusher
04-14-2009, 08:44 PM
YouTube - Spyder HID's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exenvSEpduE)

Great video...proof is in the pudding...gotta save more money for NMN!

aka1004
04-14-2009, 10:12 PM
another reason to look forward to june event:D
i will have to see and compare in person

Lamonster
04-15-2009, 06:41 AM
another reason to look forward to june event:D
i will have to see and compare in person

Seems like you really need to prove to yourself that you did good by buying the cheaper HID's off of ebay or where ever you got them, you keep making the same comment. Just be happy and enjoy them Bro. I'm sure they are just as bright as any other HID's. :doorag:

Fact is that if anyone here has a problem with NMN's HID's they can get on the phone and talk to a Spyder owner who helps support this site and get their problem solved quickly. Just read all the post about NMN's customer service. I doubt you'll get that kind of service from the guy on ebay nor does that guy support this site and try and come up with cool things every day for our Spyder. Consider that next time you promote another vendor that does nonthing for the Spyder clan. Enjoy your HID's and be happy, no need to compare if they are working fine for you. :doorag:

aka1004
04-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Seems like you really need to prove to yourself that you did good by buying the cheaper HID's off of ebay or where ever you got them, you keep making the same comment. Just be happy and enjoy them Bro. I'm sure they are just as bright as any other HID's. :doorag:

Fact is that if anyone here has a problem with NMN's HID's they can get on the phone and talk to a Spyder owner who helps support this site and get their problem solved quickly. Just read all the post about NMN's customer service. I doubt you'll get that kind of service from the guy on ebay nor does that guy support this site and try and come up with cool things every day for our Spyder. Consider that next time you promote another vendor that does nonthing for the Spyder clan. Enjoy your HID's and be happy, no need to compare if they are working fine for you. :doorag:

no i do not need to prove anything:D
nor am i trying to promote a certain product
i do realize it can be a sensitive issue but i don't think that meant non-sponsored company's products can not be brought up or talked about.
if one product is better than the other or if one product does the same job for less i will use it. whether its nmn's hid or triple play, royal purple oil or kumho tire. i already placed order for royal purple oil and kumho tire because of yours and others comments on this forum. i had the impression that nmn's hid may work better so i asked others who do have them to post pics and that naturally lead to they asking me what kinda i had on and off the threads.

so it's just me trying not to spend few more dollars if i don't have to ;)

Diggittt
04-15-2009, 09:55 AM
no i do not need to prove anything:D
nor am i trying to promote a certain product
i do realize it can be a sensitive issue but i don't think that meant non-sponsored company's products can not be brought up or talked about.
if one product is better than the other or if one product does the same job for less i will use it. whether its nmn's hid or triple play, royal purple oil or kumho tire. i already placed order for royal purple oil and kumho tire because of yours and others comments on this forum. i had the impression that nmn's hid may work better so i asked others who do have them to post pics and that naturally lead to they asking me what kinda i had on and off the threads.

so it's just me trying not to spend few more dollars if i don't have to ;)

I think what Lamonster is saying is if you are happy with your lights then don't worry about the lights that someone else has. This can be an expensive hobby, (if you will) to be apart of so I know that it is natural for one to look for the best for less. I have the same hid lights you do and I am extremely happy with them, but I don't get the customer service that I would have received if I had purchased them from a NMN or the likes. But like Lamonster states you keep raising the same question or statement in regards to comparison and it does seem that you are pushing your lights. June will be here soon enough and you will be able to compare in person and if you cannot wait until then maybe you should contact NMN and discuss purchasing their HID'S and if you aren't satisfied with them the return policy they have. I am sure that they will work something out with you. Just remember that "IF IT ISN'T BROKEN THEN DON'T FIX IT!!!"

Diggittt

Silverwolf
04-15-2009, 09:59 AM
I purchased the HID system, but only for the headlights. Should I get them for the fog lights too?

zzneonzz
04-15-2009, 10:01 AM
I think the NMN HID kit will be my next Light Mod. Just have to come up with the money :D

Diggittt
04-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I purchased the HID system, but only for the headlights. Should I get them for the fog lights too?

If you feel that you need more light. In my case I will be purchasing them just make me even more visible to others.:thumbup:

Diggittt

Silverwolf
04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
If you feel that you need more light. In my case I will be purchasing them just make me even more visible to others.:thumbup:
Diggittt

That was what I was thinking. Anything to make me more visible at night would be great. :yes:

aka1004
04-15-2009, 10:24 AM
if I was completely happy with hid I have I would not have asked other ryders with different hid to post their pics now would I?
I was fine with cheap hid on fogs but felt I needed something better on headlights
Only reason I was forced to post what I had again was docdoru asked me about them and I could not send pics on pm.
This vendor was just a random vendor off of ebay and I have no reason to push their products and only reason I bought from them was they are based close to where I live

I will drop the subject now and just wait and see for myself

adohring
04-15-2009, 04:18 PM
If I dont already have fog lights, is it possible to install two sets of NMN lights as docdoru did? Or do I need a switch or something for the fog lights?

Also, I saw Lamonster's How To on installing the NMN HID headlights, is it similar for doing the fog lights?

Comments always appreciated.

regards,
Arjay

bjt
04-16-2009, 09:02 AM
You have to have the BRP foglights installed to use the NMN HID foglight upgrade. The BRP foglights give you the pieces that actually hold the lights. The stock Spyder has no provision for holding the HID foglights in that space. That little bit of information is what probably prevented dltang from getting HID foglights on her Spyder last year.