PDA

View Full Version : 7 plug audio cable for earbuds or headphones

wmh9680
07-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Good evening. Hope everyone was out ridin today.

Where can I find a cable to plug in to the 7 plug by the passenger so she can hook up earbuds or headphones. She can barely hear the radio.

Thanks, Mike

Brentc
07-04-2016, 06:07 AM
Mike, the round plug in the trunk is an audio in plug, if that's the one you are referring to. If volume is an issue you might want to explore the Bluetooth option. Good luck.

spyderCodes
07-04-2016, 06:27 AM
I don't believe that 7 pin plug provides audio out.
It is used for input and control lines for the Apple devices.

ThreeWheels
07-04-2016, 06:40 AM
Which plug are you talking about ?
Which machine are you taking about ?

If you are talking about an RT there are a couple of possibilities.
As others have stated, the 7 pin DIN plug in the rear trunk is for audio IN to your system. You can connect an IPOD or other music device through this plug and the appropriate adapter from BRP.

Do you have a hard wired entertainment system ?
There is a DIN plug near the rear of left passenger handle underneath a weather proof cap. This is for the passenger to jack into the intercom/entertainment system. You can get a wired headset for the Can Am from either BRP or J&M Corp that will connect to this plug and provide a headset for your helmet or ear buds (from J&M).
You should have a similar plug located in the center of the switch panel for the rider's connection.

Finally, you may not be aware, but in the preferences page on the LCD display, the audio section provides a fader where you can selectively increase the volume to the rear speakers. Maybe the simplest solution would be to increase the volume of the rear speakers.

Happy 4th. Keep us posted so we know how you made out.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.

wmh9680
07-04-2016, 08:04 AM
We have a 2014 RT Limited and love it. I'm looking for a way to plug in earbuds or headphones so Karen can hear the radio better. At this point I'm not looking to plug in an IPOD or anything else (maybe in the future--never know--maybe tomorrow) I just want to her to be able to hear the radio. Maybe I will try the preferences but I still would like to plug in earbuds to the plug to her left. Thanks, Mike

billybovine
07-04-2016, 08:24 AM
You still have not answered ThreeWheels question. Do you have the entertainment harness? That means is there a plug front and rear to plug the wired helmet into. If so. You can get a headset from BRP to plug into it. Or you can make a custom headset. Or you can get a cable, bluetooth dongle and bluetooth headset.

stevedfive
07-04-2016, 08:25 AM
The only two ways to have the bike radio sound sent to the rider's helmet is either using the wired BRP CB comm system or using the Dongle Bluetooth system. There is no other way to plug in earbuds/speakers to listen to bike radio. I type slower than Billy.

Based on your comment about a "plug to her left", can I assume you have the CB comm system? If so, you just need to buy a headset, such as a BRP, J&M, or Edset headsets.

Spyder 42
07-04-2016, 09:06 AM
There is a third party adapter for the J&M down cord that provides an ear monitor plug. CycleNuts, EdSets and Sierra Electronics have all sold then in the part. Don't know who has them at the moment. You would only require the down cord and adapter, IIRC.

wmh9680
07-04-2016, 12:25 PM
Yes we have the CB on the bike. I'm not sure what the entertainment harness is but there is a 7pin plug next to Karen on the left by I think the heated passenger grips and pin up front by me so I'm thinking it has the harness.

stevedfive
07-04-2016, 12:44 PM
If you have the CB, you have the entertainment harness. Just get a headset that was mentioned earlier and plug it in. The controls on the right side controls the passenger's headset volume and can change the radio stations up front.

wmh9680
07-06-2016, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the tip about the fader control. I will be learning more about this great bike forever. I adjusted the fader and the wife says it is much better but I will still be lookin. Thanks again Mike

wmh9680
07-06-2016, 06:53 AM
How do I put a pic with my replies. I thought I figured it out but I guess not? Thanks, Mike

wmh9680
07-07-2016, 07:15 AM
Figured out how to put a pic with my signiature. Thanks, Mike