PDA

View Full Version : How handlebar do I modify RT handlebar cover for handbrake?

wlo48
07-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Am a disabled vet missing right leg and need a handbrake to ride my Spyder. It is a 2012 RT Limited SE5. I have been riding the "off" brand (Harley) with a sidecar I converted to hand brake and bought the Spyder. Any help is greatly appreciated, Sidecar

trikermutha
07-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Try one of the site sponsers ISCI..They may have what you are looking for..

nakerr
07-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Webpage is http://www.isciride.com. Do a search here in the forum, you will find lots of comments about this well built product.

Bfromla
07-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Webpage is http://www.isciride.com. Do a search here in the forum, you will find lots of comments about this well built product.
:agree: & :congrats: . One (downside)thing few have reported about the hand brake is they want it to be more aggressive at stopping, this is all in the proper set up installation & initial test after installed. Be mindful and let whoever your installer is know if you want this type. Just a thought:coffee:

Chupaca
07-03-2016, 06:59 PM
they can tell you some have online installations to give you an idea. I would think you would only have to trim back the bar cover to allow for the master cylinder...I did it on my RS for some switchs...:thumbup:

scadarick
12-13-2016, 06:49 PM
they can tell you some have online installations to give you an idea. I would think you would only have to trim back the bar cover to allow for the master cylinder...I did it on my RS for some switchs...:thumbup:

I was wondering how to put a couple of switches on my rs spyder. I am thinking about adding an electronic parking brake and to see if an actuator can be used to open the trunk and seat. I need to have the Gas port moved if I ever plan on doing a few long rides some day. Where did you get the switches and how would be great?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chupaca
12-13-2016, 08:35 PM
I was wondering how to put a couple of switches on my rs spyder. I am thinking about adding an electronic parking brake and to see if an actuator can be used to open the trunk and seat. I need to have the Gas port moved if I ever plan on doing a few long rides some day. Where did you get the switches and how would be great? <br>
<br>
<br>
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk<br>
<br>&nbsp;

There are many suppliers for the switches and many models that will work. I got mine from easternbeaver.com but others are Revzilla, JCWhitney etc...:thumbup:

scadarick
12-13-2016, 08:38 PM
<br>
<br>*

There are many suppliers for the switches and many models that will work. I got mine from easternbeaver.com but others are Revzilla, JCWhitney etc...:thumbup:

Thank you, big help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro