PDA

View Full Version : Stupid questions???

Kwalsh
06-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Now I know that there are no stupid questions but what is the worst question someone asked you at the gas station, this morning I was grabbing my red bull and a snack and chatting with a friend at the local " Stewart's" on my way to work and a person in a rust bucket pick up truck leans out the window and asks " so how does that ride at 120?"
I told him better than his truck and just continued on with my day

Bfromla
06-29-2016, 08:15 PM
:pHad a vett ask "wanna trade?" After he saw all the attention I got instead of him at the opposite gas pump (I went for the one in the shade:p). Of course I told him "Na thx, Vetts are too mainstream":roflblack:

Blue Star
06-29-2016, 08:17 PM
Now I know that there are no stupid questions but what is the worst question someone asked you at the gas station, this morning I was grabbing my red bull and a snack and chatting with a friend at the local " Stewart's" on my way to work and a person in a rust bucket pick up truck leans out the window and asks " so how does that ride at 120?"
I told him better than his truck and just continued on with my day

Do you like it?

SteveP
06-29-2016, 08:23 PM
Do you like it?

Get that one a lot , also " is it fun " ... I just say " this smile isn't my Meds wearing off" :rolleyes:

SteveP
06-29-2016, 08:27 PM
A few times I've got " is it easy to balance compared to a regular bike ? :hun:

Blue Star
06-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Get that one a lot , also " is it fun " ... I just say " this smile isn't my Meds wearing off" :rolleyes:

Yep, that one too

DJFaninTN
06-29-2016, 09:02 PM
Q: Does that thing go thru the curves or does it just go straight all the time?

Me: No sir, just goes straight all the time. Haven't you ever heard the shortest distance between two points is a straight line? Saves a lot of gas that way.

Then I pulled off while he stood there with a confused look on his face.

Cleg
06-29-2016, 09:31 PM
I like the one when asks how fast will it go?

Ans: As fast as the speed limit allows...

Really?

Ans: Well unless I want to let it roll then the speed limit isn't an issue...:yikes::yikes:

robmorg
06-29-2016, 09:32 PM
Here's the question I get a lot - especially from non-riders... "Is it stable?"

Hmm ...stable compared to what? A car, a two wheel motorcycle, a conventional trike? Since I have no idea what they are really asking, I just smile and say, "Yes, it is VERY stable. That's why they put the two wheels in the front." On rare occasions, some other rider will ask that question. In that case, we can actually have a meaningful conversation. :rolleyes:

ruralgirl
06-29-2016, 09:54 PM
The other day, a guy was thoroughly admiring my RT - my RT - and asked if it sat two people. He was too nice and sincere for me to do anything but answer, "Yes, it's actually built for long trips with two people on board."

ARtraveler
06-29-2016, 10:34 PM
Does that thing have rear wheel steering?

Jpquinn
06-29-2016, 10:54 PM
I was asked if I could pull a wheelie was it. I just laughed and said sure but only for a second if I go into a sharp curve to fast. Again he just looked at me with that confused look.

garb55
06-29-2016, 11:49 PM
and then there is the great question
"is it front wheel drive"

Bfromla
06-29-2016, 11:56 PM
Do you like it?

Get this one a lot round here. Fyi only one answer everything but the Louisiana roads! (If you've ever been thru here you understand) http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160630/047e32be3d8a354f1d8734432c08eaa1.jpg

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

Bam Bam and Pebbles
06-30-2016, 01:13 AM
Is that one of those things that you sit in side by side???

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
06-30-2016, 06:48 AM
i'd like to know too, i can't get to 120

Bob Denman
06-30-2016, 06:48 AM
Is that one of those things that you sit in side by side???
:D I got this one about a year ago.
I said, "No. That would be your car!" :roflblack:
(The Missus was sitting in her customary position, at the time... nojoke)

Grandpot
06-30-2016, 06:56 AM
I always tell people about all the standard features on my RTS, and then say the kick stand is an option. No one ever gets that one.:clap:

cognaccruiser
06-30-2016, 10:49 AM
Does that thing have rear wheel steering?

Got that one too.

Gary

blacklightning
06-30-2016, 12:53 PM
and then there is the great question
"is it front wheel drive"
I got that one for the first time last week. I actually thought they were joking. But I was nice and said, no.

Blue_VGR
07-01-2016, 04:52 AM
The Wife (RT) and I (Voyager) sitting in a car was waiting out some rain, a HD rider pulls into the stall and through out the conversations say's
"I'll bet that thing handles pretty good at 65 MPH" I said "I don't know if she ever slows down I'll ask her"

Why did you buy that thing vs a Harley Davidson Trike? Told them, wife didn't want a tattoo.

Cruzr Joe
07-03-2016, 09:23 PM
I was actually asked "can that go in the water"

My response " yeah, one time"

Guy had a dumb look on his face as he was trying to figure out what i meant.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
07-04-2016, 06:57 AM
When they ask if it has rear-wheel steering, the best reply is:
"Yes it does. That reminds me: my lunch-break is over, and I've got to get back to the loading dock with this forklift." :D

No 2817
07-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Can it do wheelies??

I answer: "Only in Reverse."

At a light a guy in a dickup truck asked if I put skies on it in the winter?

When the light changed I spun the back wheel for ten feet leaving rubber. At the next light there was just silence.

Chris