PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Trailer - anyone carry a spare tire?

jcorose
06-28-2016, 02:08 PM
Does anyone carry a spare tire for their trailer? If so, is there any way to attach it to the trailer or do you just have to carry it inside?

JayBros
06-28-2016, 02:21 PM
I don't have a trailer but it appears to me that if one is going to travel long distances with loads exceeding the Spyder's capacity and necessitating pulling a trailer, why waste trailer cargo capacity hauling a spare. I assume such a Spyder owner would have a tire plugging kit and either an emergency compressor or CO2 cartridge inflation kit thereby eliminating the need to carry a trailer spare tire. JMO.

TexAmRider
06-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Does anyone carry a spare tire for their trailer? If so, is there any way to attach it to the trailer or do you just have to carry it inside?

I have the freedom trailer, and use it often. I don't carry a spare but do carry, a plug and repair kit with CO2 inflator. Good so far, no need for it yet.:clap:

Chupaca
06-28-2016, 02:48 PM
If you want to carry a spare, there are kits to mount it to the trailer. Check ebay, trailer shops, Harbor Freight etc....

Bfromla
10-17-2017, 08:50 PM
Old thread I know but FYI I met Jcorose @ Spyderfest & she happened to swing by my town where we got to enjoy a beautiful weekend of riding Bout 800miles in NE TX

(that's me next to black, Jolenta in the middle, & a nonmember but local spyder bud)

So to bump this thread, I saw this luggage rack @ Spyderfest

& I am hoping the owner can inform us on the install & any other helpful info plus any other insights y'all may see as well.

T.I.A.

Igofshn
10-17-2017, 09:47 PM
I have a 622 and it has a spare. Mounts inside on the floor.

Cruzr Joe
10-18-2017, 12:02 PM
with the freedom Trailer you can only carry a tire inside, the lid is too flimsy for a rack.

Cruzr Joe

Charlottes Web
10-18-2017, 01:04 PM
I have 622 spare tire on the tongue of the trailer. It works great
Christine