PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sena 20S FM radio

z_light11
06-27-2016, 09:08 AM
I purchased a dual pair of Sena 20s. They work fine with one exception. If the spyder is running, the FM radio is all static. As soon as I turn the engine off the FM radio will come in crystal clear. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if the Spyder engine really causes that much interference. Any help would be appreciated.

Motorcycledave
06-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Sounds like your picking up engine
noise, Go to SENA's website
www.senabluetooth.com and talk to
tech support maybe theycan give you
some info. I have never had anyone contact
me with that problem.
Dave

Motorcycledave
06-27-2016, 11:20 AM
Sounds like your picking up engine
noise, Go to SENA's website
www.senabluetooth.com (http://www.senabluetooth.com) and talk to
tech support maybe theycan give you
some info. I have never had anyone contact
me with that problem.
Dave

WA5VHU
06-27-2016, 08:15 PM
I have never heard any ignition or other noise on my 2013 RS or the wife's 2014 RTL when listening to FM on my 20s, even on weak stations, except for the usual loss of signal static. You might have a spark plug/wire issue.

z_light11
06-29-2016, 08:12 AM
Well, I contacted Sena about the issue I am having with the 20s FM being all static. All they offered for help so far was make sure the antenna is up... :banghead: I figured, its worth a shot. I originally thought the pop up antenna was only for the intercom when talking with someone else. So this morning on my way to work I tried the antenna... same problem. All static on the FM radio. As soon as I turn the Spyder engine off... crystal clear. Guess I will be calling them back and trying again. I might also try my wife's 20s on my helmet just to see if the same problem happens.

ekfraz
06-29-2016, 08:24 AM
Has your spark plugs been replaced? it sounds like a plug. they need the resistor spark plugs and you could have a plug leaking electricity

z_light11
06-29-2016, 09:27 AM
Has your spark plugs been replaced? it sounds like a plug. they need the resistor spark plugs and you could have a plug leaking electricity

Plugs have never been replaced. I have 3800 miles on my spyder. It just had the first service about a month ago.

chkperk1
06-29-2016, 10:48 AM
I have a 15 F3-S and Sena 20S as well. I have no issues with the FM radio.

z_light11
06-29-2016, 11:05 AM

If I had a bad plug/wire, wouldn't I notice something else going on with the spyder?

WA5VHU
06-29-2016, 09:51 PM
Try another portable FM radio near your Spyder when it is running. There is nothing different about how the Sena FM radios receive signals than any other FM radio. Your problem is with your Spyder, not the Sena.