PDA

View Full Version : Dead speaker

Bfromla
06-27-2016, 02:22 AM
One speaker died?:helpsmilie: Ok so how or why I do not know:dontknow: But my RH speaker is now quiet:banghead: Am Fm stations, ipod, weather & aux, even the parking brake alarm. I have looked in audio settings & can adjust fade from front to rear ( I have no rear speakers) & adjust the headset (also do not have) but nothing for balance L to R :dontknow: What can I do aside from taking dash apart (rather not do)to test? Fyi we have had rain but the bike was not in it:firstplace: Has been thru plenty before $ plenty of bumps with no problem.
Only notable thing is I've now had it 2yrs 30k miles :ohyea: First I thought it was the ipod cable, but that check out fine & the problem followed thru all the audio options:hun: not cool. Pleas help instruct me with options I can try without needing dealer. Thanks

Bob Denman
06-27-2016, 07:08 AM
:shocked: When I blew out my left front speaker: it still made noise... Hopefully, you've just got a loose connection to it.
I'm afraid that it's time to start tracing some wires... :banghead:
Good Luck! :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-27-2016, 08:26 AM
I've been in there and I seriously doubt any connections came loose. I needed pliers to re-move mine !!!! :yikes:..............I have almost new front and rear OEM speakers from my 2014 RT that I would sell very reasonably....PS, the wiring for the rear speakers are already in your Spyder you just need speakers...Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
06-27-2016, 09:13 AM
looks like your going to have to go in...:banghead: if you have tried all the adjustments you will have to pull out the tools and remove that speaker and test it or remove both and swap them to make sure....

Bfromla
06-27-2016, 09:16 PM
Thx yall :coffee: Will report back if I find anything. In no rush:popcorn:
& lots of grass to still mow till then:barf: & mike the ST has no option or wires for rear speakers it's just generic dash software.
I doubt its blown as that would least sound like:cus: Where it is just nothing. Has to be a hidden connection or amp thing:gaah: May give me good excuse for a sena setup:p:dontknow: Plenty irons in fire for now. All in good time:pray:

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-27-2016, 09:49 PM
Thx yall :coffee: Will report back if I find anything. In no rush:popcorn:
& lots of grass to still mow till then:barf: & mike the ST has no option or wires for rear speakers it's just generic dash software.
I doubt its blown as that would least sound like:cus: Where it is just nothing. Has to be a hidden connection or amp thing:gaah: May give me good excuse for a sena setup:p:dontknow: Plenty irons in fire for now. All in good time:pray:....Sorry, I only look at the " what's new section " it doesn't matter to me which forum it's on........I don't know the size of your front speakers mine were 5.25".................just in case ........Mike :thumbup:

Bfromla
01-02-2017, 06:46 PM
So fyi i finally kicked myself in butt in gear for the new year & dove into this moths old issue again. Being that it was only my music affected it did not rank high on on my list :p And I do not fooling with the Tupperware. Anyway results was just a loose spade clip connector:bowdown: I was able to repair & squeeze lil tighter. :2thumbs: I'm guessing Louisiana potholes just vibrate it too much? It dont matter now.