PDA

View Full Version : RT-S SE6

bigbadbrucie
06-23-2016, 05:35 PM
I have recently removed my gas gauge as well as my temperature gauge from my 2014 Spyder, as they are not needed as once removed, a digital one of each appears on my display. My question is thar the wiring is still in place, and can I use the 12 volt power cord that was attached to the gas gauge to power my Sirius radio. Will the Nanny have a fit or will the digital gas gauge disappear, or ??? Will codes appear?

any one know the answer?

pitzerwm
06-23-2016, 05:46 PM
If you have 12v+ measured to ground, I'd say it would work. Just pay attention to the amps used. Check what it is fused at and see what the radio needs. Just use the 12v+ wire and run your ground to the frame.

Bob Denman
06-23-2016, 06:13 PM
:agree: Which XM receiver are you using?
(I keep mine plugged into the rear power port, that's in the top trunk.)

bigbadbrucie
06-23-2016, 06:28 PM
:agree: Which XM receiver are you using?
(I keep mine plugged into the rear power port, that's in the top trunk.)

Actually Bob, at the moment that's where I have my radio also, in the trunk, sitting on the back shelf and powered by the power-point back there. I also have the audio out plugged in back there as well, so it plays on the Spyders external speakers. I'm also wanting to have them play through helmet speakers, but don't have that yet. Still considering the best and easiest way to do that.

Mosess01
06-25-2016, 08:57 AM
I'll watch this thread I am looking to do the same with music and communication with back passenger.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk