PDA

View Full Version : What I found works to work on the Spyder

pitzerwm
06-22-2016, 07:59 PM
My standard car ramps just didn't raise the bike high enough to get under it easily or just tear it apart. So I built some ramps that are 13" at the top. I should have made the ramp a little longer as its too steep. I use my ramps from the bike trailer to get up and then remove them to work on it. You don't need the ramps to back it off.

With the back tire still on the floor it gives you 22" at the front. Surprisingly sitting this way the bike is almost level. If you needed to raise the back you can use a jack, or make a 3rd ramp.

I was moving the ipod/aux plug from the trunk to the glove box, and it was a lot easier at that height. I went ahead and changed the oil since it was due and all of the tupperware was off on the right side. I got 5 quarts out, so I don't think the angle prevented any from not draining out.

Pampurrs
06-22-2016, 08:03 PM
Great idea!

I also jack up the front when I do my oil changes, and have always gotten all the oil out. :thumbup:

Pam

vided
06-26-2016, 06:28 AM
My standard car ramps just didn't raise the bike high enough to get under it easily or just tear it apart. So I built some ramps that are 13" at the top. I should have made the ramp a little longer as its too steep. I use my ramps from the bike trailer to get up and then remove them to work on it. You don't need the ramps to back it off.

With the back tire still on the floor it gives you 22" at the front. Surprisingly sitting this way the bike is almost level. If you needed to raise the back you can use a jack, or make a 3rd ramp.

I was moving the ipod/aux plug from the trunk to the glove box, and it was a lot easier at that height. I went ahead and changed the oil since it was due and all of the tupperware was off on the right side. I got 5 quarts out, so I don't think the angle prevented any from not draining out.

PICTURES, please :thumbup::thumbup:

pitzerwm
06-26-2016, 11:02 AM
PICTURES, please :thumbup::thumbup:

Sorry, I just spaced off and forgot the pix. Added now.