PDA

View Full Version : Poor Dealer Response to service - Maxium Powersports Merrillville, IN

Indiana Ken
06-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Got dealer to order the set of air scoops for my 2012 RT.

Took him about a month to let me know they have come in.

He said, don't bring the bike in next week cause we are booked up. Bring it in on Sat. and I'll have it back to you by Tuesday.

Well today is Wed, I called and nothing has been done on the bike yet. The service manager is off, and the Can Am service guy, just went home sick.

The dealership is about 30 miles away, so I have to get one of my friends scheduled to take me down to get it.

The service guy on the phone says call tomorrow and see if they can give me a better time or day when they think it will be ready to go.

So I have been with out my bike since last saturday, based on their directions, The bike is not done, one day after they said it would be done, and who knows when it will be done.

On thursday when I call, it will get done, or not, but I am picking up the bike on Thursday.

This is an expensive bike. I would guess they list more than most other bikes they sell.

I wouldn't stand for this delay if it was my car, why should we have to put up with this from a dealer.

They are a big dealer, but must not sell many Spyders, since they seem to only have one service guy.

CharlieIndia
06-22-2016, 02:08 PM

He said, don't bring the bike in next week cause we are booked up. Bring it in on Sat. and I'll have it back to you by Tuesday.

Well today is Wed, I called and nothing has been done on the bike yet. The service manager is off, and the Can Am service guy, just went home sick.

The dealership is about 30 miles away, so I have to get one of my friends scheduled to take me down to get it.

The service guy on the phone says call tomorrow and see if they can give me a better time or day when they think it will be ready to go.

So I have been with out my bike since last saturday, based on their directions, The bike is not done, one day after they said it would be done, and who knows when it will be done.

On thursday when I call, it will get done, or not, but I am picking up the bike on Thursday.

This is an expensive bike. I would guess they list more than most other bikes they sell.

I wouldn't stand for this delay if it was my car, why should we have to put up with this from a dealer.

They are a big dealer, but must not sell many Spyders, since they seem to only have one service guy. If they didn't take it apart, go get the scoops and the spyder and take it somewhere else and let them know, No more business for you! JMHO!

SteveLaoyster
06-22-2016, 02:36 PM
If they didn't take it apart, go get the scoops and the spyder and take it somewhere else and let them know, No more business for you! JMHO!

:agree::agree:

TerryTheSpyderRyder
06-22-2016, 03:30 PM
If they didn't take it apart, go get the scoops and the spyder and take it somewhere else and let them know, No more business for you! JMHO!

Better yet, get a repair manual and learn to put them on, yourself!:yes:

Indiana Ken
06-22-2016, 03:49 PM
Thats what I'm going to do.

IGETAROUND
06-22-2016, 06:14 PM
Ken,

Contact Joe and see if he's up for doing this for you, you're already booked @ 3 hours, what's another hour or two. Bring them with you; see you Monday

Al in Kazoo

Indyron
06-22-2016, 07:18 PM

They are a big dealer, but must not sell many Spyders, since they seem to only have one service guy.
Checkout Max in Peru IN may be worth the 80 miles

Indiana Ken
06-22-2016, 07:24 PM
Ya I stopped in there on a ride. They seemed very nice.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pitzerwm
06-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Don't pay more than $67 for the scoops, that is List.

Obviously, they don't care about you and BRP doesn't care that they are a pathetic dealer. I have it on reasonably good authority, BRP dealers across the US are dropping the Spyder.

ThreeWheels
06-22-2016, 09:10 PM
Here's the problem with the dealers, and to some extent BRP themselves.
What is BRP ??
Bombardier RECREATIONAL Products.
Understanding that the Spyders have now been around for 9, and almost 10 years, but still, for the most part the dealers have all dealt with recreational vehicles, not road vehicles. Sometimes, the guy working on your Spyder in the afternoon, was working on a lawnmower in the morning.
To some people, the Spyder is their only vehicle.
BRP needs to fully understand that road vehicles cannot stay at a dealer like a PWC or a sled or ATV can.

Trust me, things are much better now than they were even in 2010.
BRP will continue to get better. And the dealers that don't get better will get written off.

cptjam
06-22-2016, 09:56 PM
Ken,

Contact Joe and see if he's up for doing this for you, you're already booked @ 3 hours, what's another hour or two. Bring them with you; see you Monday

Al in Kazoo
Of course! No problem; pretty easy to do. I'll need a dremel, but can buy one. Just let me know. Joe