PDA

View Full Version : 2016 RT Limited wobble

jdgbwg
06-22-2016, 05:08 AM
I have had my Spyder RT for about a month and 1/2 and am bothered with a wobble first at 65-75 mph and they changed out the wheels and that fixed that but now it has developed a wobble and the service manager refuses to do anything because he said the problem has been fixed and that remaining wobble is the product of the roads in Florida. Says all roads are built with a crown in the middle and that's what the rear tire is riding on and causing the wobble.
It's not a "throw me off the seat " wobble but not something that an expensive vehicle should not have. Any similar experiences. Thanks

Tango
06-22-2016, 08:25 AM
Take wheels to a trusted tire shop for a rebalance. I just did the same for my 16 F3Limited. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-22-2016, 08:28 AM
Get a laser alignment first.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Explorer
06-22-2016, 08:40 AM
Do not despair!
Phone Chris Bronson (407) 847-2453 Service Manager Central Florida Power Sports Kissimmee.
Discuss the problem with him. He will treat you right and you will become friends. I travel there from Palm Beach county for service. They are that good. 2 1/2 years 35,000 miles no big problems. Never fails to run like a Swiss watch.
Good luck,
Roger

Bob Denman
06-22-2016, 08:42 AM
Before we all get into our favorite solutions for everything: a better description of "wobble", might be helpful... nojoke

Chupaca
06-22-2016, 08:56 AM
You should start with the balancing of the wheels. The crown in the road generally only tends to push you in one direction and you don't ryde it with the rear wheel unless it's a very narrow one lane road. The alignment is a good thing regardless. Not knowing much about the wobble or how the changes they made effected it it's hard to say. After the new wheels/tires? were installed how long was it "fixed" and is it back to the same wobble, same speed etc. Does it occur only on certain roads, which could indicate the road is at fault, is it at the same tire pressue (both tires the same)....but getting a second opinion is a good call....:dontknow:

jtoro1
06-22-2016, 09:34 AM
I have had my Spyder RT for about a month and 1/2 and am bothered with a wobble first at 65-75 mph and they changed out the wheels and that fixed that but now it has developed a wobble and the service manager refuses to do anything because he said the problem has been fixed and that remaining wobble is the product of the roads in Florida. Says all roads are built with a crown in the middle and that's what the rear tire is riding on and causing the wobble.
It's not a "throw me off the seat " wobble but not something that an expensive vehicle should not have. Any similar experiences. Thanks

What wobble I had the bike up to 93 miles an hour yesterday and steady as a rock , I live and ride a lot in Florida and it doesn't happen with my 2015 RTS

ChrisCFPS
06-22-2016, 12:26 PM

To get this resolved you have to get your Spyder back into a dealer. I'm the service manager at Central Florida Powersports and when it comes to this type of complaint you may only have a short amount of time to get it covered under warranty. If there is an issue related to the tires and you put a lot of miles on them then they may not cover the issue due to the amount of wear. If you want to give me a call we can talk about the issue in more detail and see how to handle it best. The number here at the dealership is 407-847-2453 and my name is Chris. Good luck!

ChrisCFPS
06-22-2016, 12:28 PM
Good advice, for us, and we too live in West Palm Beach, that is our dealer chosen for service work when needed. Chris is a great customer service oriented manager.

Our local dealer, 15 minutes from home is horrible. I asked twice about a warranty concern. First question from the service manager is "did you buy it from us".

Thanks for the kind words guys!

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Alignments do not cure a wheel wobble from a bad tire or tire imbalance.

In order for the wobble to be rider induced, the alignment would need to be off a huge amount. Almost to the point where it would always be darting about on it's own.
Pretty much true, but since the OP didn't explain the type and extent of the wobble I thought maybe he's referring to quick back and forth motions caused by too tight a grip on the handlebars.

jdgbwg, please explain what you mean by "wobble".

Bob Denman
06-22-2016, 01:22 PM
:agree: This might just be the "newbie white-knuckle" wobble... :dontknow: