PDA

View Full Version : Lifting the Spyder

Sara
03-15-2009, 01:17 PM
When I take my trip up the Pacific Coast, I am taking some tools---also a sissor jack. If a tire should need removing to fix it, where are the points or positions under the Spyder for placing the jack??---for the front wheels and the rear wheel???----SSSS

NancysToy
03-15-2009, 02:22 PM
May I make a suggestion? If you get a flat, a tire repair kit and a small compressor (like the Slime unit) will usually get you back on the road. If you do so much damage that you would need to jack it up to put on a new tire, you won't have a spare with you, and may not be near a Spyder dealer that is open and has one in stock, anyway. In that case a tow service card is your best hope. I'd forget the jack, and just take the repair kit and compressor.
-Scotty

Dudley
03-15-2009, 04:45 PM
When I take my trip up the Pacific Coast, I am taking some tools---also a sissor jack. If a tire should need removing to fix it, where are the points or positions under the Spyder for placing the jack??---for the front wheels and the rear wheel???----SSSS

I have Ride-On in my tires. Will seal holes up to 1/4 inch. It's a lot easier than carrying other equipment. Had all three wheels done for about $48 by the Ride-On rep in San Diego. His number, 619-572-7092 (Alex).

effgjamis
03-15-2009, 05:23 PM
:agree::spyder2::yes:

patches
03-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Agree, what in the word are you going to use a jack for?? YOu don't have another tire. If you did have one, I am sure the person that had the tire for you has a jack. Just me being crazy and had a blown tire before.

Lamonster
03-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Ride-On and a cell phone should be all you need. :doorag:

Director
03-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Ride-On and a cell phone should be all you need. :doorag:

:agree:

Sara
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
-----------If I want to lift up the Spyder in the garage to do some work of one kind or the other???? I've had flats before that required rotating the tire to find the problem---easier to turn the tire than rolling the machine until you find it----all I want to know is----where are the lifting points under the Spyder. From what I'm reading, there are none or it's not implortant--------------

NancysToy
03-16-2009, 07:11 PM
-----------If I want to lift up the Spyder in the garage to do some work of one kind or the other???? I've had flats before that required rotating the tire to find the problem---easier to turn the tire than rolling the machine until you find it----all I want to know is----where are the lifting points under the Spyder. From what I'm reading, there are none or it's not implortant--------------
Not sure if this will help, but Lamonster shows a picture here. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4429&highlight=jack+spyder Looks like the lower frame member works OK. You could probably PM Lamonster for more details.
-Scotty

bjt
03-16-2009, 08:29 PM
I got a motorcycle jack at Autozone and it lifts the Spyder just fine. I get it set in the center of the Spyder on the frame and it lifts the entire machine. However, its not stable on just the MC jack and I end up putting a couple of jack stands under the front suspension arms and also something under the rear tire or the swingarm.

Sara
03-19-2009, 12:13 AM
---------sounds like the right thing------