PDA

View Full Version : RT 622 Trailer

jdkirkland
06-21-2016, 11:58 AM
Does anyone know of any RT 622 Trailers for sale?

WA5VHU
06-21-2016, 09:36 PM
You might have better luck over at the 4SbO & WTB section of this forum.

Cruzr Joe
06-21-2016, 10:40 PM
I don't know of any for sale at the moment but you can get a new freedom trailer for about the same price as a used 622, they are pretty decent, i have one and am satisfied with it.

Cruzr Joe

pitzerwm
06-21-2016, 11:18 PM
PM SpyderAnn1, she is about to sell hers. Make a deal and wait a bit.

Utah Geezer
06-21-2016, 11:38 PM
Are the Freedom Trailers water tight? Looking at picking one up when I retire and prep for the long rides.

I don't know of any for sale at the moment but you can get a new freedom trailer for about the same price as a used 622, they are pretty decent, i have one and am satisfied with it.

Cruzr Joe

Bfromla
06-22-2016, 01:59 AM
Are the Freedom Trailers water tight? Looking at picking one up when I retire and prep for the long rides.

This may help
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?91344-First-trip-with-BRP-Freedom-Trailer-My-review-of-it

Bfromla
06-22-2016, 02:21 AM
Not avoiding your question, but the trailers are out there. It requires constant looking, luck and quick reflexes to often act fast.

There have been a few listed recently here. Work hard and send emails or PMs.

Not sure what color you want or what the specifics are regarding the Spyder to pull it, but you can expect, unless you get lucky on matching the year of the Spyder to the year of the trailer, it may require some wiring rework. The hitch kit can also be a need to require rework.

All the best with it.
:agree::lecturef_smilie::popcorn: Good luck with your timing especially now the season is here :rolleyes: But heads up if you have a full size truck it will fit in the bed if you need to pick it up & dont have a hitch on your spyder yet. AND depending on what year you find can have affect on the wiring harness.:helpsmilie: Most have hopefully updated to the 4pin square that BRP is using now, but you may need :gaah:adapter harness & helps to ask when shopping around.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?7-4-Sale-by-Owner-and-WTB (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?7-4-Sale-by-Owner-and-WTB) is good start, but they are out there eBay& Craig's list too & even saw a Slingshot towing one at Spyderfest:p:hun: I gotta say (BIG)THANK YOU :firstplace::2thumbs::clap: CruzerJoe !!!:yes::yes::bowdown: For allowing me to get his "tricked out & loaded" trailer & the whole process. nojoke:doorag:

Cruzr Joe
06-22-2016, 11:47 AM
Took my RTL to Raceland La, last week to Spyders in the Bayou (nice event). Pulled my new Freedom Trailer that i got from PitBull Powersports in Springfield Missouri and thought i would do a review for others to consider.

Cons:
One access door.
Lid not as heavy/solid as the RT-622.
Can not use Spyder key.

Now with the cons out of the way let me tell you that i am very happy with the Freedom Trailer, here's why.

Pulls like a dream (as easy as the 622).
Water tight, it got hit by some real heavy rains and not a single drop got inside.
Does not need a water Management system like the 622, when you open the lid the water will not run into the trailer.
although it is a tiny bit smaller than the 622, i could not tell it, plenty of room for all the gear and luggage etc.
It sits a little lower and a little wider than the 622.
When you open the lid you have full access to any area of the trailer.

All in all I was quite pleased with it and have no hesitation about recommending it to any Spyder Ryder. :thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe