PDA

View Full Version : Throwing codes and all warning lights

Browny
06-20-2016, 06:26 PM
2011 Spyder RT started to throw 2 warnings. DPS and VSS. Had Battery checked and changed and codes cleared at dealer. Very good tech working on it. Now speedometer and tech. and computer screen blanks out and all warning lights light up including check engine. Turn signals won't work or any thing else when it acts up, but runs great. I don't want to get rid of the bike. Just 7450 miles on her. ANY IDEAS what could be wrong? Help PLEASE! :banghead:

GOZFST
06-20-2016, 07:11 PM
My guess would be a loose battery connection, check them all.

ARtraveler
06-20-2016, 07:29 PM
Another vote for check the battery connections. Wonky warning lights seem to be caused by a bad connection.

spyderCodes
06-20-2016, 07:37 PM
yes, battery connections

Browny
06-21-2016, 06:13 AM
I will check the wires today. Thanks for the answers.

Bob Denman
06-21-2016, 07:45 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
So: was it the battery connections? :dontknow:

Browny
06-21-2016, 09:28 AM
It will be Friday before I can get in to have it checked.... Will keep you updated as soon as I find out. Thanks!!

Chupaca
06-21-2016, 09:43 AM
Was any other work done while or after the battery was replaced.? The DPS is the biggest draw on the battery and would give you codes and warning lights if connections were loose or battery was low as well as starting. But it is a cause for the problem you are having. might check instrument panel connection as well...:dontknow:

Browny
06-22-2016, 02:50 PM
Was any other work done while or after the battery was replaced.? The DPS is the biggest draw on the battery and would give you codes and warning lights if connections were loose or battery was low as well as starting. But it is a cause for the problem you are having. might check instrument panel connection as well...:dontknow:
No other work was done. Just put in new battery and hooked up to buds system to clear codes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Browny
06-24-2016, 06:08 PM
The bike was checked out and all connections were fine. The problem is the multifunction speedometer has gone bad. :yikes:
I guess it time to trade up to a newer model. The dealer says just the part is over $1000.00. Oh well, it is what it is. Thanks for everybody replies!

Bob Denman
06-24-2016, 06:39 PM
:shocked: I wonder if there are any of the displays available through the salvage yards yet? :dontknow:
The odometer reading would be off; but it might be worth considering...

007james
06-25-2016, 06:22 PM
I had that same problem on my 2012 RT with 32,000 miles on the clock. When my Alert came on, I couldn't accelerate over 55 MPH, but it didn't stall out completely. I drove it to my Dealer who did a quick adjustment on front end Toe Out, as my front tire was worn on the inside. Took it home, and light came back on 2 days later. Took it back to Dealer who hooked up BUDS and dialed in all the Software adjustments. It is fine now. I put another 1500 miles on it with no more Check DPS Alerts.

2011 Spyder RT started to throw 2 warnings. DPS and VSS. Had Battery checked and changed and codes cleared at dealer. Very good tech working on it. Now speedometer and tech. and computer screen blanks out and all warning lights light up including check engine. Turn signals won't work or any thing else when it acts up, but runs great. I don't want to get rid of the bike. Just 7450 miles on her. ANY IDEAS what could be wrong? Help PLEASE! :banghead:

Browny
07-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Ended up being a dead ground in the wiring harness. I traded her in on a 2015 RT Limited. The new to me 2015 just had 5800 miles on her and the person who got rid of it had to because of medical reasons. Runs great. I like the 1330 engine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk