PDA

View Full Version : NMN risers WOW!!!

tatt2r
03-15-2009, 09:56 AM
ok got to really test drive risers this morning ....WOW ....really got to put them through the pace it was great....evan was right and so was everybody else that said the spyder handles better .... there are a bunch of roads here in salem nh that are curvy that i know well enough to be able to really open it up ... well i left the house this morning coming to work and almost didnt want to stop riding ...it's like a whole new vehicle ... seating position, handling .... it connered so easy it took me a couple minutes to re-adjust my driving ...but i slapped the iphone into ipod mode put in my headphones and off i went ,,,,
to be honest i was apprehensive about this mod thought the factory must have got it right why change it if it isnt broken... well after driving it with risers it was broken it's like night and day ...these things should come standard on spyders ... i dont think when they were designed that brp thought that any of us would put the amount of milage on them that we have .... but never mind just the comfort level .... and they look cool ... but the increase handling ... dont feel like im driving a quad runner anymore when doing tight steering ...
again i feel that i am one of the bigger sceptics on this site and im not afraid to say it like it is or knock something even though it is just my opinion ...but if anyone has any thoughts about putting on risers then do it .... you will not be disappointed .....
thanks again magicman (evan):2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::coffee:
and ill post some pics later ...
soory fugot thu spel chek

zzneonzz
03-15-2009, 11:09 AM
ok got to really test drive risers this morning ....WOW ....really got to put them through the pace it was great....evan was right and so was everybody else that said the spyder handles better .... there are a bunch of roads here in salem nh that are curvy that i know well enough to be able to really open it up ... well i left the house this morning coming to work and almost didnt want to stop riding ...it's like a whole new vehicle ... seating position, handling .... it connered so easy it took me a couple minutes to re-adjust my driving ...but i slapped the iphone into ipod mode put in my headphones and off i went ,,,,
to be honest i was apprehensive about this mod thought the factory must have got it right why change it if it isnt broken... well after driving it with risers it was broken it's like night and day ...these things should come standard on spyders ... i dont think when they were designed that brp thought that any of us would put the amount of milage on them that we have .... but never mind just the comfort level .... and they look cool ... but the increase handling ... dont feel like im driving a quad runner anymore when doing tight steering ...
again i feel that i am one of the bigger sceptics on this site and im not afraid to say it like it is or knock something even though it is just my opinion ...but if anyone has any thoughts about putting on risers then do it .... you will not be disappointed .....
thanks again magicman (evan):2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::coffee:
and ill post some pics later ...
soory fugot thu spel chek

:congrats: they are great!!!

HD2CANAM
03-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Glad to hear you like them. I have a set of 4" Black Anodized that should have been shipped March 11th and it is nice to hear from others that you made the right choice.

nudle
03-15-2009, 12:02 PM
:2thumbs:I had my 4" risers anodized and installed them in february.(boy was it cold froze my n*** off) Finally took it for a ride yesterday (40 degrees) WOW what a difference. easyer to turn great on the back, can't wait to get more time in the saddle. P>S> They look great too.:cheers:

Big Arm
03-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the nice report......hope that'll be my next mod.
So now .......is the tall windshield next ??????? :yikes:

tatt2r
03-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the nice report......hope that'll be my next mod.
So now .......is the tall windshield next ??????? :yikes:

:barf::barf::barf::coffee:

czdaryle
03-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Tatt2r,
I just installed them today and took it for a spin. I went before I read your post and after I read your first one. When I was riding I noticed I was defintely taking faster corner. To me there was a big difference and I was saying to myself, "Why didn't Tatt2r" noticed this.
Hey I noticed you got the black...did you order the billets for and extra $10? How did you get the inside ones on, what adhesive did you use?

thanks

tatt2r
03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
yes i did and they stared in just by rubber mallet ....:coffee:

nudle
03-15-2009, 05:22 PM
:cheers:A dab of clear silicone will do the trick

TONI
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm going to order the 3" NMN risers since I have the BRP 1". I asked my husband to read your post to convince him that this is what I need. So I don't know how long it will take them to be shipped but I hope fast before he changes his mind abouti nstalling them.

SpyderByter
03-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Hey tatt2r,

I have to guess that your hands are now higher than your wind screen. :dontknow:

Was a great riding day in CT, how was NH?

czdaryle
03-15-2009, 07:19 PM
yes i did and they stared in just by rubber mallet ....:coffee:
I did that with the lower ones that go into the bar but did you do that with the ones on the inside that go over the bolt. Mine are bigger than the bolt, it is not a snug fit