PDA

View Full Version : extended warranty

spyderjeffrey
06-17-2016, 07:44 AM
Has anyone used McGraw extended warranty for there Spyder ?:riding:

Tazzel
06-17-2016, 09:01 AM
You will have less problems getting your Spyder serviced with the B.E.S.T Warranty.

SpyderAnn01
06-17-2016, 10:01 AM
If you don't plan to travel or move you'll probably be fine but if you are on the road and need service you will likely have to pay out of pocket and then submit for reimbursement. It is BEST for me.

2dogs
06-17-2016, 02:11 PM
After digesting as much fine print as possible I focused in on McGraw as a possible choice. It had the fewest exclusions and did not require a deductible. McGraw has been in the business for a long time where as there are many new comers to the industry. BEST has been around for a while but they have a $50 deductible and they do not warrantee leaking/failing seals/gaskets. McGraw seems to have a better dollar value and also have a couple of nice options you can add to the policy. A tire/wheel option and an accessory option. When it comes right down to it, it all depends on how the service department manager inter acts with the your warrantee company. Remember, warrantee companies are in the business of making $$$$$ for themselves and the dealers at the sales point, and warrantee salesmen come and go frequently. Searching the internet for reviews on warrantee companies reveals little information as to the better value. You have to do the hard work yourself and read the fine print to come to a conclusion as to which company best meets your needs. A dealership will likely push a warrantee contract that provides them the highest profit margin, and not necessarily the best value to the customer.

78OldRide
06-17-2016, 03:09 PM
Not to hijack your thread but my Best warranty is running out in a few months. I have started looking for another one. Hoping to find one to purchase to continue on any Ideas.

2dogs
06-17-2016, 11:07 PM
Not to hijack your thread but my Best warranty is running out in a few months. I have started looking for another one. Hoping to find one to purchase to continue on any Ideas.

Yes, start shopping around now and don't allow your current warrantee to laps or you won't be able to buy one. Make a purchase during the last 3 months of your factory warrantee to avoid problems. Also, read the contracts before you buy because not all salesmen know their products. Ask questions and make your buy from a reputable dealer.

spyderjeffrey
06-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Yes, start shopping around now and don't allow your current warrantee to laps or you won't be able to buy one. Make a purchase during the last 3 months of your factory warrantee to avoid problems. Also, read the contracts before you buy because not all salesmen know their products. Ask questions and make your buy from a reputable dealer.

My two years are up in Aug. i will probably go with the B E S T . i purchased a ZURICH tire & rim warranty when i bought my spyder from a DEALER 150 miles from my home and i asked my local dealer if they would honor it, NOPE!, i asked why not, because we don't. :banghead: So i think i'll stick with the one all Can- Am dealers will honor.

2dogs
06-18-2016, 12:21 PM
My two years are up in Aug. i will probably go with the B E S T . i purchased a ZURICH tire & rim warranty when i bought my spyder from a DEALER 150 miles from my home and i asked my local dealer if they would honor it, NOPE!, i asked why not, because we don't. :banghead: So i think i'll stick with the one all Can- Am dealers will honor.

Your warrantee is no better than the dealer's service manager. To avoid that problem pay cash up front and then submit your repair bill to your warrantee company. Likely your company will pay however they will deduct the all the over charges added to your bill. That's one reason some dealers don't like warrantee work.

Indiana Ken
06-18-2016, 09:03 PM
I have a 2012 RT with a BEST warranty until Oct 2017. As it runs out next year, can I extend it?

2dogs
06-19-2016, 12:21 PM
I have a 2012 RT with a BEST warranty until Oct 2017. As it runs out next year, can I extend it?

You'll have to check a round to find out. From 2012 to 2017 is a long warrantee. Interestingly I purchased a "forever warrantee" when we bought my wife's new Jeep Grand Cherokee. I couldn't believe I could get a life time bumper to bumper warrantee, but, things are changing out there you just have to look around. Maybe there's a company that will warrantee a spyder forever.