PDA

View Full Version : I have the Feaver!!!! RT-S or Limited

1kevin662
06-15-2016, 12:51 PM
I sold my Goldwing and now I think I want a Spyder... My wife will be riding with me so it has to be a RT.
Should I get the RT-S or Limited. The only thing I can see that I would miss is the GPS on the Limited and my phone works great for a GPS. I like the black wheels better on the S too. What are your thoughts on the differences and is the Limited worth the extra $$$.

A spyder looks like it would be very comparable to riding a 4 wheeler just with the ability to safety ride 70+ MPH on the highway. Which sounds great to me I have been riding motorcycle and 4 wheelers since I was 7.

From what I can tell people must love them because there are not many used ones and when you do see one its not much cheaper that a new one????

Will any dealer cover the warranty? (manufacture and extended) I have heard stories of Victory owners that could not get warranty work while on trips.

Bob Denman
06-15-2016, 01:01 PM
:welcome:
You are correct: While the Limited gets the GPS and some luggage; it's largely a matter of the appearance of the two bikes, that should drive your choice... :2thumbs:

As for me: I'm just like an Old Crow... if it's shiny, you can bet that I'll pick it up! :D

TnT
06-15-2016, 01:43 PM
We bought the S model not the limited. Since we bought a 2015 in 2016 the dealer made a great deal and included the GPS and mount for us (we just paid the labor). I did not want chrome to polish. With the black wheels and black no chrome portions on the bike I spend more time ryding it than if I was polishing chrome.

siny10309
06-15-2016, 01:47 PM
if you are comfortable with riding a quad you should not have too much difficulty getting used to the spyder. I was always a quad guy and that's why I felt so much more comfortable on the spyder than on a traditional motorcycle.

Bam Bam and Pebbles
06-15-2016, 02:10 PM
I have the RT-S and love it. Pearl White with the black wheels looks great. These are great machines and you will love it.

ottawa-rider
06-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Any one that wants the GPS can have it installed as an option.

Copperman
06-15-2016, 02:17 PM
I say go for the Limited. It looks nicer, IMHO.

1kevin662
06-15-2016, 02:30 PM
if you are comfortable with riding a quad you should not have too much difficulty getting used to the spyder. I was always a quad guy and that's why I felt so much more comfortable on the spyder than on a traditional motorcycle.

I got my first street bike about 4 years ago but never felt comfortable. it was more everyone else that made me feel uncomfortable that anything else. I feel like with the spyder I will be more comfortable.

1kevin662
06-15-2016, 02:34 PM
We bought the S model not the limited. Since we bought a 2015 in 2016 the dealer made a great deal and included the GPS and mount for us (we just paid the labor). I did not want chrome to polish. With the black wheels and black no chrome portions on the bike I spend more time ryding it than if I was polishing chrome.

I agree on the chrome polishing and that would be a good deal on the GPS.

vided
06-15-2016, 03:28 PM
Go with the RTS
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=132231&stc=1

justcalldon
06-15-2016, 05:12 PM
I have the limited and my wife and I love it, in fact my wife just got her license last week end and she wants my bike so I am looking for another RT Limited to purchase.

Don

Bob Denman
06-15-2016, 05:18 PM
I have the limited and my wife and I love it, in fact my wife just got her license last week end and she wants my bike so I am looking for another RT Limited to purchase.
:congrats: on your growing "infestation". :clap:
:spyder2::spyder2:

justcalldon
06-15-2016, 05:20 PM
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deanna777
06-15-2016, 06:12 PM
Go with the RTS.

I have a 2014RTS-SE6( 6 speed) Cognac with the black wheels, and I love it. Deanna

kbwitt
06-15-2016, 06:41 PM
The luggage that comes with limited, looks great but takes up too much room. You can buy soft side fits great for front and back. I agree GPS not worth the extra money. Put the money you save in a savings account for future services and repairs .
Kenn

Pampurrs
06-15-2016, 06:58 PM
I agree with most of the previous responders. The RT-S is great, unless you are hung up on Chrome. You also get a GPS with the Limited, but this is something you can always add. I personally like the blacked out wheels on mine and don't miss polishing chrome in the least bit.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Pam

SpyderAnn01
06-15-2016, 07:05 PM
I'm on my 2nd RTS and I love the blacked out look. I always say that until brake dust is chrome colored I'll stick with black wheels. The rolling suitcase for the front trunk is nice but you can always buy one separately. I found the shelf in the rear trunk of the LTD useless and I don't think I would use the bags for the side saddlebags. I use GPS on my phone and that works great for me.

Take the extra money and buy yourself some farkles.

Pampurrs
06-15-2016, 07:24 PM

..... and a laser alignment from Squared Away!!! :lecturef_smilie:

Pam

ARtraveler
06-15-2016, 10:32 PM
RT-S vs. Ltd?

RT-S has most of the features of the LTD. Plastic colored chrome instead of the real stuff in most places. No GPS.

For about $2K more add the chrome and GPS. That's about it.

Had three RT's. The first was a Premier Edition--then the top of the line. Still plastic colored chrome and no GPS.

Bought basic 2011. A & C model. Less chrome colored trim--but all the important gee gaws.

Bought 2014 RT-S. As above in #1.

Was thinking LTD for my next one (#6)--but I am pretty sure now there will not be a next one. Health issues mostly. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-16-2016, 07:45 AM
:shocked: I'm hoping that the health issues can be resolved... nojoke

robmorg
06-16-2016, 08:15 AM
I'm on my 2nd RTS and I love the blacked out look. I always say that until brake dust is chrome colored I'll stick with black wheels. The rolling suitcase for the front trunk is nice but you can always buy one separately. I found the shelf in the rear trunk of the LTD useless and I don't think I would use the bags for the side saddlebags. I use GPS on my phone and that works great for me.

:agree: I like the looks of the RTS better, but went with limited because it was cheaper. They had a demo that only the dealer owner had used. So basically, I got a Spyder that was already broken in, with the initial maintenance done, and a free GPS. :thumbup:

1kevin662
06-16-2016, 08:29 AM
:agree: I like the looks of the RTS better, but went with limited because it was cheaper. They had a demo that only the dealer owner had used. So basically, I got a Spyder that was already broken in, with the initial maintenance done, and a free GPS. :thumbup:

That would be awesome!!! I am all about a deal.. I hate buying new but the way spyders hold their value for a little more you get new. Sounds like the interest rate is not so good though. I was told it was like around 6% for 72 months. this was not with a credit check or anything just what a sales guy told me.. maybe he was not wanting to give me a low number he could not get. I have a RZR with Sheffield and it is about the same though. I am sure most of you guys just pay CA$H though.

I have found a new 2015 RT-S red and black $23500 just don't know if I can do it or not.. need to pay off some other stuff first but I'm not very patient ...

Ex-Rocket
06-16-2016, 08:29 AM
For the price difference between the RTS & RTL, I would go with the RTS and then the money you saved you can add whatever farkles you want.:yes::yes:

Pirate looks at --
06-16-2016, 09:08 AM
RT-S vs. Ltd?

RT-S has most of the features of the LTD. Plastic colored chrome instead of the real stuff in most places. No GPS.

For about $2K more add the chrome and GPS. That's about it.

Had three RT's. The first was a Premier Edition--then the top of the line. Still plastic colored chrome and no GPS.

Bought basic 2011. A & C model. Less chrome colored trim--but all the important gee gaws.

Bought 2014 RT-S. As above in #1.

Was thinking LTD for my next one (#6)--but I am pretty sure now there will not be a next one. Health issues mostly. :thumbup:
Really sorry to hear about that. I hope as Bob said that the health issues improve!

robmorg
06-16-2016, 09:40 AM
That would be awesome!!! I am all about a deal.. I hate buying new but the way spyders hold their value for a little more you get new. Sounds like the interest rate is not so good though. I was told it was like around 6% for 72 months. this was not with a credit check or anything just what a sales guy told me.. maybe he was not wanting to give me a low number he could not get. I have a RZR with Sheffield and it is about the same though. I am sure most of you guys just pay CA$H though.

I have found a new 2015 RT-S red and black $23500 just don't know if I can do it or not.. need to pay off some other stuff first but I'm not very patient ...

Unfortunately, the best discount deals occur at the end of each riding season, and we are at the beginning of the riding season. :sour:

Folks here have gotten better loan rates than with Sheffield. Unfortunately, I don't remember where. Maybe someone will chime in here about that.

sealfloorboards
06-16-2016, 09:46 AM
For sure your talking a significant difference in money. I would rather spend the money on Farkels than luggage And chrome and small thousand dollar floorboards:yikes:. I have a 2014 RTS and I love it. I put my Seal Floorboards on and saved $500 right off the git. I put fog lights on and a GPS mount and still came out ahead. I agree with you, I would much rather ride then polished chrome.
Ride in comfort:thumbup:

1kevin662
06-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Unfortunately, the best discount deals occur at the end of each riding season, and we are at the beginning of the riding season. :sour:

Folks here have gotten better loan rates than with Sheffield. Unfortunately, I don't remember where. Maybe someone will chime in here about that.

I may just have to wait till the fall or winter.. I can do a little better with the credit union at work but its a pain to get it done. its easier to just sign at the dealer and ride off... lol

1kevin662
06-16-2016, 09:52 AM
For sure your talking a significant difference in money. I would rather spend the money on Farkels than luggage And chrome and small thousand dollar floorboards:yikes:. I have a 2014 RTS and I love it. I put my Seal Floorboards on and saved $500 right off the git. I put fog lights on and a GPS mount and still came out ahead. I agree with you, I would much rather ride then polished chrome.
Ride in comfort:thumbup:

does the RT-S not come with floorboards?

sealfloorboards
06-16-2016, 09:55 AM
I agree, A spiders very expensive anyway you look at it. I would rather spend my money on Farkles then
so-so luggage, chrome and overpriced small floorboards:yikes:. I bought a 2014 RTS and love it. I added fog lights and a GPS mount and still came out ahead. My Seal Floorboards were $500 less than BRP's and are much larger and more stable feeling. My goal is to not spend a lot of money but to write in comfort.:thumbup:

Big F
06-16-2016, 10:02 AM
I sold my Goldwing and now I think I want a Spyder... My wife will be riding with me so it has to be a RT.
Should I get the RT-S or Limited. The only thing I can see that I would miss is the GPS on the Limited and my phone works great for a GPS. I like the black wheels better on the S too. What are your thoughts on the differences and is the Limited worth the extra $$$.

A spyder looks like it would be very comparable to riding a 4 wheeler just with the ability to safety ride 70+ MPH on the highway. Which sounds great to me I have been riding motorcycle and 4 wheelers since I was 7.

From what I can tell people must love them because there are not many used ones and when you do see one its not much cheaper that a new one????

Will any dealer cover the warranty? (manufacture and extended) I have heard stories of Victory owners that could not get warranty work while on trips.
\
I would say it is whatever you and the wife like and what your wallet can handle. I'm on my 2nd RT Limited and love the extra touches of chrome, lighting and accessories. We love our RT Limited and would never get anything less. It is the top of the line and yu only go around once in this big world. Either model, you won't go wrong and will enjoy the comfort of the Spyder ride. Good Luck.
BIG F

robmorg
06-16-2016, 10:09 AM
does the RT-S not come with floorboards?The RTS DOES come with stock floorboards. The base RT does not.

Brian Kay
06-16-2016, 10:18 AM
The RTS DOES come with stock floorboards. The base RT does not.

Take it one step further...the RT-S SE6 comes with floorboards, not the SM6.

bronzeflex42
06-16-2016, 10:31 AM
\
I would say it is whatever you and the wife like and what your wallet can handle. I'm on my 2nd RT Limited and love the extra touches of chrome, lighting and accessories. We love our RT Limited and would never get anything less. It is the top of the line and yu only go around once in this big world. Either model, you won't go wrong and will enjoy the comfort of the Spyder ride. Good Luck.
BIG F
:agree: x2 i am a chrome man myself. I like to see a bike with a lot of chrome. It just looks good to me. I have the Limited and love the way it shines and the luggage bags hold a lot of stuff. Anyway you go it is fun, fun, fun!! :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

1kevin662
06-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Take it one step further...the RT-S SE6 comes with floorboards, not the SM6.

OK that clears up... I want the SE6 because if we get off and I get sick or just cant hold my eyes open my wife can drive..

Bob Denman
06-16-2016, 01:13 PM
OK that clears up... I want the SE6 because if we get off and I get sick or just cant hold my eyes open my wife can drive..
:lecturef_smilie: You have to be careful about this... :shocked:
It often leads to the purchase of another Spyder! :2thumbs:

1kevin662
06-16-2016, 02:06 PM
:lecturef_smilie: You have to be careful about this... :shocked:
It often leads to the purchase of another Spyder! :2thumbs:

yes I can see where this could happen!!!

Killer Bee
06-16-2016, 02:44 PM
When we bought ours, the RTS seemed to hit the sweet spot of features vs price. I struggled a bit with the SM6 vs SE6 choice, but ended up with the SE6 - primarily to get the rider floorboards. Now that I'm getting used to the semi-auto transmission, I'm really glad we went with it. Sure is nice in stop and go traffic! Your left forearm will thank you for it. :thumbup:

1kevin662
06-16-2016, 02:50 PM
When we bought ours, the RTS seemed to hit the sweet spot of features vs price. I struggled a bit with the SM6 vs SE6 choice, but ended up with the SE6 - primarily to get the rider floorboards. Now that I'm getting used to the semi-auto transmission, I'm really glad we went with it. Sure is nice in stop and go traffic! Your left forearm will thank you for it. :thumbup:

Oh I know I will like the SE6 from riding 4 wheelers. its a little different mine are auto but you can change to manual and shift up an down with a button... I think it will be about the same..

irvin48
06-16-2016, 03:45 PM
if you dont like the black wheels on the S then do what i did.
buy different ones. there are always wheels for sale . i bought
new F3's for a contrast. still got lots of money left for farkles !;)http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=132326&stc=1

Sh37720
06-16-2016, 03:54 PM
I just traded my 14 Sts in for a 15 RTSS/Limited and I love it mine was customized with 2 tone panels in pearl black and pearl silver. And has the chrome.

1kevin662
06-16-2016, 07:56 PM
I just traded my 14 Sts in for a 15 RTSS/Limited and I love it mine was customized with 2 tone panels in pearl black and pearl silver. And has the chrome.

you got a picture

frogfly
06-16-2016, 10:29 PM
Wife and I purchased a 2015 RTS - Special Series in February. We comparison shopped between that and the limited. The primary difference in these two were the GPS and the luggage bag in the frunk were included on the limited (along with a few more bucks in the price). When we got to the dealer and compared them, we saw that the GPS mount was mounted in such a way that it would be difficult to see the image if you needed to during daylight hours. (Facing up/Glare) We didn't care about the luggage, so that was not a factor.

The only other consideration for us was the color. We really like the Cognac color from previous years and the Black Currant, but these colors weren't available in 2015 (colors of the Limited), so we decided on the RTS-SS. The Limited has the Chrome accents whereas the SS has a matte/brushed chrome look on the accents which we liked better. Wheels are black and chrome, so not all shiny.

Definately get the SE6 transmission, you won't regret that. Attaching a professional pic downloaded from the interwebs.

One more thought, BRP was offering a rebate on the 2015 models starting around late October it seems that went thru the end of January. They lowered the rebate by $500 in February, so we got a lesser rebate. The other thing we did was shop prices around the country online. I took in the advertised price from a dealer in Chicago and my local dealer matched the price. It was a significant savings by doing that.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=132418&stc=1

1kevin662
06-17-2016, 11:01 AM
thanks for all the good information... Its a lot of money but you don't live but once... lol I am thinking that the RT-S is the better deal for me

1kevin662
06-17-2016, 11:02 AM
Wife and I purchased a 2015 RTS - Special Series in February. We comparison shopped between that and the limited. The primary difference in these two were the GPS and the luggage bag in the frunk were included on the limited (along with a few more bucks in the price). When we got to the dealer and compared them, we saw that the GPS mount was mounted in such a way that it would be difficult to see the image if you needed to during daylight hours. (Facing up/Glare) We didn't care about the luggage, so that was not a factor.

The only other consideration for us was the color. We really like the Cognac color from previous years and the Black Currant, but these colors weren't available in 2015 (colors of the Limited), so we decided on the RTS-SS. The Limited has the Chrome accents whereas the SS has a matte/brushed chrome look on the accents which we liked better. Wheels are black and chrome, so not all shiny.

Definately get the SE6 transmission, you won't regret that. Attaching a professional pic downloaded from the interwebs.

One more thought, BRP was offering a rebate on the 2015 models starting around late October it seems that went thru the end of January. They lowered the rebate by $500 in February, so we got a lesser rebate. The other thing we did was shop prices around the country online. I took in the advertised price from a dealer in Chicago and my local dealer matched the price. It was a significant savings by doing that.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=132418&stc=1

I love that red seat!!!

Buckeye Bleau
06-17-2016, 11:21 AM
I have an RT-L and love the look and the GPS on the center hub, but I can understand if someone likes the S, there are things to spend money on.
Try this one, just finished it last night, only two hours.:yes:

Crap, I guess I had to turn it sideways to access the holes better!:banghead:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=132445&stc=1

1kevin662
06-17-2016, 01:32 PM
I have an RT-L and love the look and the GPS on the center hub, but I can understand if someone likes the S, there are things to spend money on.
Try this one, just finished it last night, only two hours.:yes:

Crap, I guess I had to turn it sideways to access the holes better!:banghead:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=132445&stc=1

that is AWESONE... never seen that one..

Sh37720
07-04-2016, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=1kevin662;1144144]I sold my Goldwing and now I think I want a Spyder... My wife will be riding with me so it has to be a RT.

Will any dealer cover the warranty? (manufacture and extended) I have heard stories of Victory owners that could not get warranty work while on trips.[/QUOT

I just purchased my 15 RTSS LIMITED. I GAVE THE CHROME, LUGAGE, GPS, BUT IS STATED LIMITED IB VACK SEAT AND BADGES READ RTSS

Deanna777
07-05-2016, 05:39 PM
does the RT-S not come with floorboards?I have a 2014RTS-SE6 and it came with floorboards. Deanna

Bob Denman
07-05-2016, 05:44 PM
No matter which one you end up getting: :D You win! :clap: :2thumbs: :firstplace: