PDA

View Full Version : bulletin 2011-6

lewis1976
06-14-2016, 12:15 PM
I have a 2011 Can Am Spyder RS-S and when I hit about 55 mph I go into limp mode . I just found out that there is a ecm software update based on my vin # anyone know if that has anything to do with the limp mode

Bob Denman
06-14-2016, 12:21 PM
:welcome: Do you have a copy of the TSB, that you can post in here? :dontknow:
If my memory serves me correctly: this one dealt with how the bike shifted...
But there were a LOT of them in the early years, so I'm not confident... nojoke

Chupaca
06-14-2016, 01:03 PM
Are you able to pull up any codes once you get the limp home mode...?? I have not herad of this problem nor being attached to any bulletins there must be something else going on...generally the limp home mode is the one that limits the speed/rpms. Are there any other signs, check engine, brake failure, VSS etc...?? :dontknow:

lewis1976
06-14-2016, 10:32 PM
i was riding my bike and my license plate light ended up popping out couldn't get it back inside because there was a plastic piece broken inside after unhooking the light i started coming to stops the when hitting the brakes it was sending the bike into DPS limp mode not knowing i had no back lights at all ended up blowing a fuse because the wires were touching so since then i replaced the fuse and replaced the license plate light fixture and wires no w when i ride my bike i get to about 55 the bike goes into DPS limp mode i have never had any problems with my bike or computer before the license plate fixture came out/fuse blown . someone told me that they thought there was a recall on the DPS unit so when i ended up calling and checking on it there was not one for my generation of bike but was told that there was a ECM software update which it is not a recall its a bulletin (2011-6) and they found that based on my VIN#... wasn't sure if the reason why my DPS limp mode was triggered because of the blown fuse(maybe needing it to be reset) >> taking it to get the software update this weekend.........any suggestions

SpyderAnn01
06-14-2016, 10:56 PM
You heard correctly, the DPS recall was for 2008 to 2010 models. When you go into limp mode you need to see if you have any codes, that would tell us a lot more than just limp mode. I'm not sure how you pull them on the RS.