PDA

View Full Version : Clean cheap motel?

Cavman
06-13-2016, 07:40 PM
OK, here's the deal. I'm attending the Geowoodstock 14er event that is at the Chatfield State Park in SW Denver, CO. I'm looking for a cheap CLEAN motel in the area for July 1-4, 2016? That would be the Columbine Valley/Littleton, CO area of town.
Most of the big chain hotel/motels want $130 plus a night. Seeing that I'm a cheap a$$ person, that won't cut it with me.
I have a reservation at the Kenosha Pass Campground in the middle of nowhere off US285 West of Denver & North of Jefferson, CO. I really don't want to drive that distance to the events. :banghead:

So, anyone in the area have a suggestion of a nice place to stay? I'm hoping for something under $80 a night?

No Spyder with me as I will be in my truck. The next weekend I'll be in Buffalo, WY for the Longmire Days event. I have a cabin at a campground there.

Thanks for any input!

John 'Cavman'
Spyder Pilot

amusher
06-16-2016, 10:19 AM
You might check price/availability in Castle Rock... Not far down the road from Chatfield..

billythekidd
06-27-2016, 07:55 PM
Was the campground at Chatfield State Park full? There is not much around here that is cheap. I am guessing Comfort Suites Southwest should be around 80. Extended Stay America in the DTC would also be around 80.

Willy

pegasus1300
06-27-2016, 08:03 PM
Closest America's Best Value is in Longmont. They have rooms on the 3rd and 4th,but nothing on the 1st and 2nd. Longmont is 31 miles away,kinda far.

asp125
06-27-2016, 08:09 PM
Holiday weekend. Expect campgrounds to be full. Try chief hosa campground up in evergreen. .. Just outside of town. Also look on air b&b or vrbo.com, a couple of house/room rental places.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Cavman
07-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I got an offer I couldn't refuse. I'm getting to stay at my nephew's house in Golden, CO.

Chupaca
07-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Go to Airbnb and see if someone has room for you. Been hosting for about 6 mo's and it works well....:thumbup: