PDA

View Full Version : Moving LED Strip

Utah Geezer
06-12-2016, 04:26 PM
I'm looking at moving an LED strip on the back of the Spyder down a little bit. What is the easiest way to remove it and what adhesive should I use to reattach it in it's knew location? And where would I buy the recommended adhesive? Any help would be appreciated. Anything else I should know or beware of.

Bob Denman
06-12-2016, 04:36 PM
You should be able to just grab it, and peel... :thumbup:
As far as getting it re-attached: I'd take a measurement of the width of the strip, and check out an auto parts store.
If that doesn't work: try an autobody repair shop. Most of the stuff on cars is just glued-on these days. :shocked:
They should be able to find the right sized strips of adhesive for you!

Copperman
06-12-2016, 06:13 PM
I'm looking at moving an LED strip on the back of the Spyder down a little bit. What is the easiest way to remove it and what adhesive should I use to reattach it in it's knew location? And where would I buy the recommended adhesive? Any help would be appreciated. Anything else I should know or beware of.

Do not, I repeat, do not grab and peel. You run the risk of damaging the LED strip. Use a blow dryer to soften the adhesive and it'll peel off pretty easy.

As far as reapplying the strip, use 3M double sided tape. It comes in two strengths, so get the strongest. Cut to fit.

170 days and counting.