PDA

View Full Version : Pleading request for SpyderCodes

jcthorne
06-10-2016, 11:08 AM
SpyderCodes

I use your app on a Samsung Galaxy S7. Its an indispensable tool for me and much appreciated but I just HAVE to ask. No, BEG is more the right term, for you to get RID of the combo lock style picker and just let me type in a code. I spend LONG times trying to get the digits to line up just so before the app will look up the code I need.

PLEASE can you fix this?

Chupaca
06-10-2016, 11:29 AM
you don't have to line them up just click on them when you see them and they will appear on the lookup code. Still not what you want but will save you time till there is a change....:thumbup:

spyderCodes
06-10-2016, 11:36 AM
SpyderCodes

I use your app on a Samsung Galaxy S7. Its an indispensable tool for me and much appreciated but I just HAVE to ask. No, BEG is more the right term, for you to get RID of the combo lock style picker and just let me type in a code. I spend LONG times trying to get the digits to line up just so before the app will look up the code I need.

PLEASE can you fix this?

Yes, as Chubaca said it isn't that bad.
Well maybe it is.
I've noticed that on some platforms it works as I had intended and on others I can't figure out how to use the damn thing.

Yes. it can be fixed (obviously) but you'll have to cut me some slack for a bit.
There is a major upgrade in the works for the Apple & Android.
This is a particularly busy time on the farm, but I will make this a priority.

Promise.

jcthorne
06-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Thank you Thank you Thank you!

:bowdown:

oldguyinTX
06-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Yes, thank you Roger!!

Pampurrs
06-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Yes, as Chubaca said it isn't that bad.
Well maybe it is.
I've noticed that on some platforms it works as I had intended and on others I can't figure out how to use the damn thing.

Yes. it can be fixed (obviously) but you'll have to cut me some slack for a bit.
There is a major upgrade in the works for the Apple & Android.
This is a particularly busy time on the farm, but I will make this a priority.

Promise.

I've never been able to get this app to look up codes on my Samsung Galaxy. I'm looking forward to your upgrade. For now it's just a dormant app taking up space on my device.

Thank you for creating this app :bowdown:

Pam

spyderCodes
06-10-2016, 01:01 PM
I've never been able to get this app to look up codes on my Samsung Galaxy. I'm looking forward to your upgrade. For now it's just a dormant app taking up space on my device.

Pam

Kindly read the info under the "How to use Picker" button.
That might shed some light

Pampurrs
06-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Kindly read the info under the "How to use Picker" button.
That might shed some light

I have, many times :)

Pam

spyderCodes
06-10-2016, 01:09 PM
I have, many times :)

Pam

Okay.
as I said I will change it.

Do me a favor.
Click in B1000 and see what comes up.

Pampurrs
06-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Okay.
as I said I will change it.

Do me a favor.
Click in B1000 and see what comes up.

I think I just figured it out. I was scrolling the combo lock wheel. I guess that doesn't work. :banghead:Thanks :bowdown:

It would be nice to be able to just type the code though. It's a very handy app in any case. Thanks for creating it.

Pam

spyderCodes
06-10-2016, 01:22 PM
It was developed on a Galaxy 7 tablet.

It really does work but typing it in will be easier.
Thanks

Purple Guy
06-10-2016, 01:37 PM

Pam

Works great on my Samsung Galaxy. :thumbup:

spyderCodes
06-14-2016, 06:32 AM
OK, changing the Picker for the codes is going to happen but I can't help but think that I didn't make the instructions clear so if you are having trouble please read the following and give it try.

1. The picker does not require you to line up the numbers perfectly. It will do that for you.
2. Scroll to P, once P is more or less in the center, TAP it just above the YELLOW line in the column you are using.
3.Scroll to 1, again just get it close and then TAP the center. The 1 will lock into place
4. Likewise do this for 6, 1 & 0
5. P1610 should be written just below the word Picker.

Please try it.

Bfromla
06-14-2016, 07:21 AM
Thank you for NOT giving the default "Is the app up to date?" response that every other app out there does :firstplace: :clap::clap:

Malki27
06-14-2016, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I never would have figured it out by myself.:banghead:
Great app. Thank you. Thank God I haven't needed to check any codes yet

jcthorne
06-14-2016, 08:22 AM
OK, changing the Picker for the codes is going to happen but I can't help but think that I didn't make the instructions clear so if you are having trouble please read the following and give it try.

1. The picker does not require you to line up the numbers perfectly. It will do that for you.
2. Scroll to P, once P is more or less in the center, TAP it just above the YELLOW line in the column you are using.
3.Scroll to 1, again just get it close and then TAP the center. The 1 will lock into place
4. Likewise do this for 6, 1 & 0
5. P1610 should be written just below the word Picker.

Please try it.

Those are much more clear and do seem to work. Rally would like to be able to just type it in though. Thanks Roger, the app is very useful to me.

spyderCodes
06-14-2016, 04:39 PM
Those are much more clear and do seem to work. Rally would like to be able to just type it in though. Thanks Roger, the app is very useful to me.
I am glad it works for you.
I will make it a choice between typing or choosing in the next edition but the fact that it actually does work is good to know.
There are always different ways to do anything.

Minister
06-24-2016, 08:05 AM
I don't know if you have done updates or not, but the app works good on my iPhone. Thanks!:thumbup:

Dan McNally
06-24-2016, 08:12 AM
I must have stumbled on the "tap" to get the code by accident - I have always done it that way since you changed to the combo lock method. It works great on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Thanks for all your work on this, Roger. My daughter's boyfriend writes Apple apps and I see the amount of work involved.:firstplace:

spyderCodes
06-24-2016, 10:18 AM
The app update will be in September.

Gray Ghost
06-24-2016, 10:41 PM
The app update will be in September.

Thanks for all your dedication in keeping this app available for us.

spyderCodes
06-25-2016, 10:53 AM
Well, if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't do it.

A year or so ago during a fuel stop on the PA Turnpike this happened.
Another Soyder was opposite me.
He got off and fueled up.
Then he took his phone out and apparently entered the mileage.
We nodded and he said "Do you know about this app called spyderCodes?"
I said, quite honestly, "I don't have a smart phone."
He said "You ought to get one, it's really worth it."

That kind of thing makes it all worth it to me.

ChrisK
10-03-2017, 07:38 PM
I'm a relatively new ryder and did not know about this app until this evening!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your work on this - it seems VERY useful and one of those apps that I will USE!!