PDA

View Full Version : Hot Weather Clothing

DrJohn
06-09-2016, 02:59 PM
This is what I have come up with to wear in the hot weather:

Columbia Silver Ridge Cargo Pant
http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Silver-Ridge-Cargo-30-Inch/dp/B0077YNXVA?ie=UTF8&keywords=Silver%20Ridge™%20Cargo%20Pant.&qid=1465502054&ref_=sr_1_fkmr1_3&sr=8-3-fkmr1

Columbia Men's Silver Ridge Lite Long Sleeve Shirt (used with sleeves rolled down)
http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Silver-Ridge-Sleeve-Fossil/dp/B010GSAD6Q?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00
The shirt really feels great in the wind!

John

Bob Denman
06-09-2016, 05:32 PM
:thumbup:
Question: How is it rated for "abrasion resistance"?
For example: like against asphalt or concrete?

"Dress for the slide: not for the ride..."

DrJohn
06-09-2016, 07:04 PM
:thumbup:
Question: How is it rated for "abrasion resistance"?
For example: like against asphalt or concrete?

"Dress for the slide: not for the ride..."

It doesn't offer any protection from abrasion. Only from the sun.

John

Copperman
06-09-2016, 07:06 PM
It doesn't offer any protection from abrasion. Only from the sun.

John

I don't know... but I don't think he got the sarcasm.

Bytemi
06-09-2016, 07:35 PM
I don't know... but I don't think he got the sarcasm.

I definitely don't think he caught the sarcasm. I have spend the evening speaking to a gentleman from CoolShirt Systems, they have a system specifically for people with MS and other heat adverse conditions. Easy to talk to an quick to respond. A complete unit would be about $500, for 2 hours of cooling roughly.

vided
06-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Will this work
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=131793&stc=1 :yes::yes::yes:

garb55
06-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Will this work
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=131793&stc=1 :yes::yes::yes:
Depends on what you are trying to attract
Might work real well in San Francisco:yikes::yikes:

ARtraveler
06-09-2016, 11:23 PM
I wore my mesh jacket, fingerless gloves, engineer boots and Lee Carpenter jeans today.

The next step for me would be riding naked--and--the world ain't ready for that. :roflblack::roflblack:

Bam Bam and Pebbles
06-10-2016, 12:27 AM
Here is what I wear while riding in the summer. Sneakers, shorts and a tank top. Gloves when im riding the twisties. World is ready for it but with comments I have previously received, Spyderlovers aint. I happen to love the way the sun and wind feel on me while riding. Dont care if I get a little hot. If I was worried about getting hot, id just take my truck and use the AC. I keep hydrated and I havent had a problem yet.

PrairieSpyder
06-10-2016, 07:02 AM
Here is what I wear while riding in the summer. Sneakers, shorts and a tank top. Gloves when im riding the twisties. World is ready for it but with comments I have previously received, Spyderlovers aint. I happen to love the way the sun and wind feel on me while riding. Dont care if I get a little hot. If I was worried about getting hot, id just take my truck and use the AC. I keep hydrated and I havent had a problem yet.

So I'll just ask: how's the abrasion resistance? nojoke

Bob Denman
06-10-2016, 07:07 AM
Dr John,
I don't mean to belittle your choice; but asking a forum full of motorcyclists to comment on the choice of a long-sleeved shirt as riding gear, is never going to get you a lot of positive comments.
I'm sure that it's an attractive and comfortable shirt. I'd probably wear it to work! :thumbup:
But I wear my riding gear for other reasons: to hopefully lessen the chances of serious injury; if a ride doesn't quite go as planned... nojoke

Bam Bam and Pebbles
06-10-2016, 07:10 AM
So I'll just ask: how's the abrasion resistance? nojoke

Zero. Its gonna take a lot to flip Cocaine and to be honest, I aint worried about it. See, I told y'all that Spyderlovers cant handle it. I see an awful lot of posts that say " ride more, worry less ". I choose to worry less and enjoy the weather!!!

Bob Denman
06-10-2016, 07:13 AM
:D I can appreciate candor, and an acceptance of reality... :clap: :thumbup:

Bam Bam and Pebbles
06-10-2016, 07:19 AM
:D I can appreciate candor, and an acceptance of reality... :clap: :thumbup:

Cant speak for Dr. John, but thank you Bob. I have been through a lot in my 57 years, and have been near death before due to medical conditions. To be honest, it doesnt scare me. Thats my reality.

Lew L
06-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Helmet ( not now reqd in Nevada on 3 wheels), gloves, boots, sturdy pants, and a sturdy jaclet, A cooling vest and a mesh jacket seem to be good up to high 90's. Drink lots of water too.
Road rash and TBI ain't fun.

Kaos

Pirate looks at --
06-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Dr John,
I don't mean to belittle your choice; but asking a forum full of motorcyclists to comment on the choice of a long-sleeved shirt as riding gear, is never going to get you a lot of positive comments.
I'm sure that it's an attractive and comfortable shirt. I'd probably wear it to work! :thumbup:
But I wear my riding gear for other reasons: to hopefully lessen the chances of serious injury; if a ride doesn't quite go as planned... nojoke
Have to agree with Bob, Dr. John, again I assume that you are an MD, and if you are, just ask an ER physician what you would look like after you hit the pavement in that shirt, and how long it would take to heal. Now the fact that this shirt has built in sun screen is a real plus. Not put a great motorcycle jacket with some CE rated armor in there and you will be headed in the right direction. Remember while you are like not too fall off your Spyder as a result of your Ryding. When you get hit by someone else, you are going to hit the pavement. Think cheese on a cheese grater!

ingramwc
06-10-2016, 11:04 AM
:agree: I agree with Bob and "Pirate looks at--"!!!!! Shirt is OK if it is covered by a mesh or vented armored Jacket. My $.02. nojoke

kngfsh27
06-10-2016, 04:21 PM
I wear shorts, t-shirt, no helmet and tennis shoes almost all the time. When I am driving "27" out into the driveway to wash it. Dr. John, if you a real doctor, I don't want you as my doctor. My doctor and oncologist care much more about my well being than you care about yourself. Both know that I ride and we discuss safety during each visit. Bottom line is, having cancer for the third time, I am not working at leaving early.

Bob Denman
06-10-2016, 05:03 PM
I wear shorts, t-shirt, no helmet and tennis shoes almost all the time. When I am driving "27" out into the driveway to wash it. Dr. John, if you a real doctor, I don't want you as my doctor. My doctor and oncologist care much more about my well being than you care about yourself. Both know that I ride and we discuss safety during each visit. Bottom line is, having cancer for the third time, I am not working at leaving early.

Awww C'mon: lighten up a bit... :shocked:
I don't know what his riding experience is, and I don't think that anybody asked him about it.
Please cut him a break; at least a small one...
It won't cost you a cent! :D

SpyderF3-s
06-10-2016, 05:14 PM
I wear a full face helmet, leather gloves, steel toe work shoes, blue jeans, and a motorcycle jacket with built-in protection. I use a cold pad under the jacket to stay cool. It keeps me cool for the hour + ride home from work during the week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191727181253?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=490749640652&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

kngfsh27
06-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Awww C'mon: lighten up a bit... :shocked:
I don't know what his riding experience is, and I don't think that anybody asked him about it.
Please cut him a break; at least a small one...
It won't cost you a cent! :D
Bob, I still don't want Dr John as my doctor. Just me.:dontknow:

Bob Denman
06-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Anyway: He might be a gynecologist... :shocked:

retread
06-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Check out the Bohn line, mesh underwear that holds armor! They've also got a jacket that's armored.

john

kngfsh27
06-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Anyway: He might be a gynecologist... :shocked:
That could be. I am sure if Dr John is a doctor he is very good at what he does. We need all the doctors we can get. I just want him to take care of himself so he can take care of others.

Bob Denman
06-10-2016, 05:37 PM
:clap: As do I. :thumbup:

Trbayth
06-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Bob, I still don't want Dr John as my doctor. Just me.:dontknow:

At this point he probably wouldn't want you as a patient.

kngfsh27
06-10-2016, 07:24 PM
At this point he probably wouldn't want you as a patient.
that s OK

jaherbst
06-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Well since no one has "Chimed" in from the Great Sonoran Desert. Anyone here who wears full atgatt in

115-120* heat (114*Sunday) is sloshing around side ways in his/her bloomers. In this area through

August it is well advised if your going to ride in the heat to wear, Helmut, long sleeve sun block shirt and

pants (loose of course) soaker vest worn under the shirt, Frog tog soaker neck wrap, and light boots

and of course light colored gloves. More than one biker riding through here has passed out on the road

from heat prostration. I am the first to wear all the mesh gear when reasonable, but certain

circumstances dictate other wise. If you don't have a soaker vest, soak your shirt every hour or so.

Every time you stop (no more than an hour)drink as much water as possible. You can loose 5 pounds

of water every several hundred miles here in the intense summer heat. Don't take this lightly. Not to

get to graphic but when your urine is getting dark stop riding. You are dehydrated to the point your

judgment and decision making will be flawed.

My best advise here for the next few months is ride early and bag it by 10:30 AM. Some of us making

long distance trips ride at night across the desert to SD and LA. Actually quite pleasant after 10 or 11

PM. You will arrive just before rush hour.

Jack