PDA

View Full Version : Tire installation

pwilbarger
06-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know of a shop in NW Ohio that will install car tire on rear of my '14 RT? My local dealer cannot do it.
TIA
Phil

Spyder Phyl
2014 RT-Ltd, Cognac and Timeless Black 2010 RT-622 trailer.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaladinLV
06-08-2016, 01:29 PM
What?
If they cant put a car tire on then how do they put on a tire specifically made for the Spyder.

More likely they do not WANT to do it.

AJ

Does anyone know of a shop in NW Ohio that will install car tire on rear of my '14 RT? My local dealer cannot do it.
TIA
Phil

Spyder Phyl

pwilbarger
06-08-2016, 01:36 PM
It's a liability issue. They can only install a "motorcycle" tire. At least that what they led me to believe.

Spyder Phyl

Snowbelt Spyder
06-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Well, if you want to go all the way to Lodi, Johhny K's will put on an owner supplied tire. Otherwise, there's a couple of dealers closer. See if this link works. Give them a call.

http://can-am.brp.com/content/canam-spyder/en_US/dealer-locator/results.html?address=Curtice%2C+OH%2C+United+State s&store_type=dealers&certification=platinum&additional_services=servicing&additional_services=offers_test_drives&additional_services=sell_accessories&store_type=service_outlet&placeId=ChIJrcsLgQibO4gRE4tlR4IKvXI (http://can-am.brp.com/content/canam-spyder/en_US/dealer-locator/results.html?address=Curtice%2C+OH%2C+United+State s&store_type=dealers&certification=platinum&additional_services=servicing&additional_services=offers_test_drives&additional_services=sell_accessories&store_type=service_outlet&placeId=ChIJrcsLgQibO4gRE4tlR4IKvXI)

Questions
07-16-2016, 08:48 PM
What?
If they cant put a car tire on then how do they put on a tire specifically made for the Spyder.

More likely they do not WANT to do it.

AJ

for 85.00 they will put it on for you Columbus Ohio I had a car tire put on my 2014 can-am

pegasus1300
07-16-2016, 11:36 PM
Do a search here for one of finless Bob's videos. It will show you how to remove the rear tire without disturbing the belt adjustment. You can then take the wheel to any tire shop and have them mount the tire on your rim, replace the wheel and tire on the bike and ride off happy in to the sunset.