PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Spyder front wheels move?

COOLMACHINE
03-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Hello Everyone,
I was talking to a guy today at work who stated the 09 spyder's front wheels angle into turns up to 15 degrees. :dontknow:
As far as I know, that is incorrect. I have the 08 manual model. Is his statement incorrect? I knew where to go for the correct information though.... :2thumbs: You Spyderlovers you!!! :spyder:Thanks Guys & Gals. Jerry

sabunim5
03-13-2009, 03:34 PM
No Spyder wheels tilt from vertical.

Director
03-13-2009, 06:49 PM
No Spyder wheels tilt from vertical.

Not as long as the lug nuts are tight! :D

Roaddog2
03-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Not as long as the lug nuts are tight! :D:agree::clap:

spyryder
03-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Hello Everyone,
I was talking to a guy today at work who stated the 09 spyder's front wheels angle into turns up to 15 degrees. :dontknow:
As far as I know, that is incorrect. I have the 08 manual model. Is his statement incorrect? I knew where to go for the correct information though.... :2thumbs: You Spyderlovers you!!! :spyder:Thanks Guys & Gals. Jerry

Maybe he's talking about toe-out on turns? :spyder:
http://www.davehaughey.ca/ack1.htm

COOLMACHINE
03-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks guys. Yea, he was talking about angle from vertical and I didn't think it was true. I'm gonna have to beat him like a red-headed step-child with glasses.... :yes:

Degaman
03-14-2009, 06:47 AM
I finally got around to watching the BRP supplied DVD on the spyder yesterday. On a couple of closeups of the front suspension during hard turns, the wheels definitely appear to tilt one way or the other.

bjt
03-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Because of the suspension geometry, the front wheels will lean a bit with any Spyder body roll. I just went out in the garage and leaned on my Spyder body to observe the front wheel lean. I can easily see the wheels leaning a bit and I don't think the stated 15 degrees is out of the question, especially with aggressive cornering. Maybe the 15 degrees number is the max travel of the front suspension before the opposite tire picks up off the ground. :dontknow:

tomwom
03-14-2009, 09:18 AM
:spyder2: Wheels NO, Tires YES. Thats why they use high rated tires , So side walls can flex.:2thumbs::agree: