PDA

View Full Version : Who has a Garmin 660LM???

Lew L
06-07-2016, 10:57 PM
We recently got one. The unit itself works great ---------But the motorcycle specific cable didn't charge the head unit. Garmin was very courtious and sent a replacement. Guess what----Yah--- you guessed right--- the second cradle and cabling didn't work either.:mad:

The car charger and home cable work fine. I'll be calling them again for a third cradle ( motorcycle specific). I'll ask them to test it before mailing. Can you guess where these cables are made?????

Kaos

PaladinLV
06-08-2016, 12:49 AM
I'm confused by your term "motorcycle specific"and wordology.

Garmin sells one cable and one cradle regardless of MC make. The "interface" cable and MC specific cradle is purchased from the MC dealer.

AJ

We recently got one. The unit itself works great ---------But the motorcycle specific cable didn't charge the head unit. Garmin was very courtious and sent a replacement. Guess what----Yah--- you guessed right--- the second cradle and cabling didn't work either.:mad:

The car charger and home cable work fine. I'll be calling them again for a third cradle ( motorcycle specific). I'll ask them to test it before mailing. Can you guess where these cables are made?????

Kaos

Bfromla
06-08-2016, 02:36 AM
Are you sure you got this? & its hooked up properly? Sound thru speakers & all?

Mount With Integrated Power Cable

Part Number: 010-11270-03

:dontknow:Otherwise get a paper towel, some rubbing alcohol, & clean the contacts on both the unit & the mount:thumbup: Mine is factory installed & :pNp

Lew L
06-08-2016, 09:08 AM
It's obvious to me that the cable ("Motorcycle Mount Kit Part #010-11270-03 ) is bad. It is hooked to the 12v plug I use the charge the Spyder( direct to the battery) It didn't charge the unit. When hooked up to the auto cradle and pluged into the 12v plugs on the Spyder----- it worked fine.
On both the original kit and the replacement there is no continunity from the 12v+ (red) wire to any of the contacts on the cradle. Yes I do know how to solder and how to use a DVOM.

So I'll call Garmin again this AM and hopefully get them to check a "Motorcycle Mount Kit, PN 010-11270-0) . If they find one that works, they can send to to me. Till then I've got the auto cradle mounted to a JT style dash rack ( mine's a bit different )---- where it works.:clap:

Kaos

JayBros
06-08-2016, 09:44 AM
There is a specific number for Garmin OEM product support, 855-607-2536. Perhaps the technicians there can help.

billybovine
06-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Pinout for the mount. I hope it helps.

http://advrider.com/index.php?attachments/zumo_660_cradle_mount_pins-jpg.348362/

Lew L
06-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Thanks Billy!!!!

This has been the biggest help of allnojoke

Kaos

PS: Thanks Jay---- but the OEM product support just wanted to send me back to the regular PS folks ( who are part replacement people) They had no idea----lets just send him another mount kit. OEM is for Dodge, Ford, Toyota, ect. dash products.

There is resistence ( 18 ohms ) between the 12v+ and the 12v- leads??? ( Of course it's not hooked to the head unit.

manman007
06-09-2016, 08:14 AM
Do you all think 660lm and 590lm had same socket ? And which one better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaherbst
06-09-2016, 10:02 AM

Kaos

All 660Lm Gamins are wired differently for the cradle on the Spyder this is a BRP specific. Found this out when switching to the 665LM from the 660LM. I had to change the cradle just a bit. I would suspect this was done by BRP to prevent discount add on's of 660 or 665 Garmins. Don't know.

Jack

ThreeWheels
06-09-2016, 10:07 AM
The 590 cradle and the 660/665 cradle are not compatible.
If you upgrade to a 590, you have to change out the cradle.
I know, stupid. Garmin should realize, they'll sell more 590s if people can just switch out the GPS instead of completely ripping out the old wiring harness and installing a new one.