PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Rt-622 Control Module

tbhlaw
06-07-2016, 06:27 PM
The control module for our RT 622 trailer located on my RT-SE5 is shorted and needs to be replaced. There is live power to the trailer even when the key is removed. So I am looking to buy a trailer control module for a 2011 RT 622 that is pulled by a RT SE5. Dealer says BRP no longer sells that particular original module and that the current replacement module will require re-wiring the trailer completely. Any help in finding the module or solving my electrical problem will be greatly appreciated.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-07-2016, 11:06 PM
It's commonly referred to as a trailer module or isolator. You should be able to find a 5 wire one at most any auto parts place that sells trailer stuff. There will be 6 wires in, left turn, right turn, brake, tail, ground, and power. There are 5 out, all the same minus the power. You may have to splice some of the wires together that come out of the old module if it's the old nine pin trailer plug.

It'll take a little bit of figuring, but once you do it'll be pretty straight forward to just cut the old module out and splice the new one in.

What is the configuration of the old module, i.e., number of wires in and out?

SpyderAnn01
06-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Mac, I think he has the 9-pin round connection.