PDA

View Full Version : no such thing

bmccaffrey
06-06-2016, 08:08 PM
So after all the researching i've done there is no such thing as warm and waterproof glove.

All the technology today :dontknow:

Allensr
06-06-2016, 09:37 PM
try the Gerbing heated gloves. dry and warm without 12 volts. dry and hot with 12v.

garb55
06-06-2016, 09:45 PM
try the Gerbing heated gloves. dry and warm without 12 volts. dry and hot with 12v.

:agree::agree::agree:

ARtraveler
06-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Firstgear and BRP have some good waterproof gloves. SkiDoo also.

Chupaca
06-06-2016, 11:52 PM
I just put a pair of laytex gloves on first and hang the gloves up to dry when I get done...."It never rain in southern california"..:thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-07-2016, 06:50 AM
:shocked: Where were you looking? :dontknow:

bmccaffrey
06-07-2016, 08:30 AM
:shocked: Where were you looking? :dontknow:

On the internet Amazon Ebay
You get into the reviews and most say there not waterproof even though they claim to be
Started looking into ice fishing gloves they seem to have better reviews

Machinegunner
06-07-2016, 10:03 AM
I wear neoprene trappers gloves from Gander Mountain or Cabela's. They reach up to your elbows.

WA5VHU
06-07-2016, 11:52 AM
In wet cold weather I wear my ski gloves I've had since the '70's. Over them I wear a big pair of rubber coated blasting gloves I got from Harbor Freight. I never have understood what wearing waterproof latex gloves under your insulated gloves does - seems to me your warming gloves wouldn't do you much good all wet in the wind.

murphybrown
06-07-2016, 02:14 PM
All gloves, even thoughs that say 100% waterproof will leak at seams...even if you superseal them...the Ice Fishing gloves work like a wet suit...they get wet but do have a layer of watr to help insulate...but if it is reallllly cold ... brrrrr. How do I know cause I have bought and then bought some more and then more. :banghead::banghead:
BUT finally found the solution. I find my realllllly warm heavy gloves (if needed)...lighter weight if not cold, but raining....then purchased a pair of AEROSTITCH TRIPLE DIGIT COVERS ($47)..easy to put on, 100% waterproof, light weight, don't interfere with shifting, throttle or important things like picking nose!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Yazz
06-07-2016, 07:57 PM
In wet cold weather I wear my ski gloves I've had since the '70's. Over them I wear a big pair of rubber coated blasting gloves I got from Harbor Freight. I never have understood what wearing waterproof latex gloves under your insulated gloves does - seems to me your warming gloves wouldn't do you much good all wet in the wind.

Strange but true, latex gloves under your regular gloves do keep your hands warm and dry. Once your hands get wet, then cold, it's miserable. Been using this old school method for too many years.

Down south, ski gloves are expensive and hard to come by. Also, a baggie of latex gloves take up less room than ski gloves.

Go figure...:dontknow:

nakerr
06-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Firstgear and BRP have some good waterproof gloves. SkiDoo also.

Snowmobile gloves (SkiDoo and others) work very well in wet conditions. A little bulkier and heavier than typical motorcycle gloves but warm hands are worth it.

Geoandkay
06-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Sealskinz thermal and waterproof gloves have worked best for me when riding. They are thin enough to be quite flexible and have a super grabbing surface on wet days. I only use them in the rain and have worn them comfortably from cold and rainy Alaska to warm and steamy Florida.