PDA

View Full Version : heat from right side

jvtow
06-05-2016, 10:26 PM
i have a 2013 spyder rt limited and they come without a grill on the right side i heard there was something you can buy to fix that can anyone tell me please what it is i need to get

cuznjohn
06-05-2016, 10:35 PM
http://www.lamonstergarage.com/heat-shields-1/

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-05-2016, 11:31 PM
i have a 2013 spyder rt limited and they come without a grill on the right side i heard there was something you can buy to fix that can anyone tell me please what it is i need to get
Depends on what you want to accomplish. I couldn't keep my foot on my right highway peg because of the heat. This is what I did to solve that. I never had a problem with the heat from the lower vent hole. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?69303-My-upper-heat-block-mod&highlight=block

Be careful what you block off, and how. The hot air from the radiator must have a way to exit or you'll cause problems, which is why I cut the new downward vent holes.

Larry rt
06-06-2016, 07:22 AM
I used the 2014 grill, only ground the bottom tabs down. Cut a thin mud flap down to attach to upper grill area, velcro to inside . Cut large hole in plastic bottom by fan, removed bottom cover. Inserted whole assembly and secured with push pin. The reason I used heavy velcro was if I experienced temperature rise, I could remove interior cover. Looks just like left side. Rode in 85 degree temperature, in stop and go city traffic no issues.

Bob Denman
06-06-2016, 05:35 PM
If you've got a 2013; I'd be careful about doing anything to block or disrupt the flow of air from that outlet...

...unless I made sure that I opened up another "escape avenue"; for the heated air... nojoke

:welcome:

Cruzr Joe
06-06-2016, 05:47 PM

My first question would be "Did you have the air vent modification that is offered by BRP (as a remedy for the heat problem???) or do you even know what i am talking about.

Cruzr Joe

bmccaffrey
06-06-2016, 07:52 PM
My first question would be "Did you have the air vent modification that is offered by BRP (as a remedy for the heat problem???) or do you even know what i am talking about.

Cruzr Joe

Joe is right
First course of action

oldguyinTX
06-06-2016, 09:01 PM
I put a 2014 grille on also, didn't really have to alter it, opened up a hole in the bottom pan, and with the air scoops installed and the removal of interior panels done as part of the 2013 RT recall, I have had no more heat problems. And, as stated earlier in this thread, it looks just like the left side instead of a gaping hole. Pretty easy and fairly cheap mod. But yeah, like Joe said, get the scoops done if not done already. Bonus: It's FREE!!

Jnsufffolk
09-18-2016, 02:03 PM
I just put both lower and upper block off plates from spyder pops. But first I cut holes in the scoop. Just did this yesterday and so far it's not over heating. And while this thing runs way too hot to begin with its a lot better no test the mod has been done

Buckeye Bleau
09-18-2016, 02:11 PM
If you get the upper block off plate either from Lamonster Garage or directly from Spyder Pops (same thing) be sure to get the added instruction sheet from Spyder Pops this is CRUCIAL ON THE 2013..

Joe