PDA

View Full Version : A nice ride...

Vader
06-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Yesterday I was treated to quite a ride. Normally I wouldn't post about such a ride, but to me..it is worth it.
I have a Nephew, my sisters only child, who just got his motorcycle license and just turned 21. He completed a Safety course to get his license, which IMHO, is a great way to start. His father..my Bro-in-Law is quite the rider having completed a epic journey of his own back when he was a a younger man. I was invited to participate in my Nephew and his Dad's first real ride, which to me was a great honor.
We met at Tiotari Circle, In Southfield NY(Harriman State Park). We mainly stayed on back roads the entire trip which was fantastic. We headed west on Route 106 towards Greenwood Lake and then towards Warwick and Pine Island. We headed via Route 6 to Port Jervis and then onto Route 97 to Barryville. We picked up route 434 and headed into Pa and into Milford for a late breakfast at The Milford Diner. Great food and service.(My folks have had a home in Milford since 1984, and now live there full-time).
We headed towards route 84, and they opted for the more scenic run down route 23, while I continued back to home on 84.(I had to get home for a previous commitment)
I was on my 2008 GS, which performed perfectly. My Brother-in-Law was on his 2009 Honda Interceptor and my Nephew was on my Sister's(she recently decided to stop riding) 2005 Harley 883L.
I was thinking of posting this ride earlier in the week, just to see if anyone else wanted to join us. But being my Nephew is a new rider, I didnt want to add any extra pressure. All in all, he did remakably well. I was very impressed.
By the numbers:
Time I left my house: 7:10am
Miles traveled: 188(approximately)
States: NY/NJ/Pa
Time arrived home: 1:03pm

Bob Denman
06-05-2016, 11:30 AM
:clap: Glad to hear that you helped set him "on the right path." :2thumbs:
(We were on the Northern end of Rte. 97: riding South, from Hancock, to Callicoon...)

Chupaca
06-05-2016, 12:55 PM
that does make for a nice day ryde and I'm sure you all will ryde again....:2thumbs:

SteveP
06-05-2016, 05:16 PM
That's about the perfect ride for my enjoyment right now . 6 hours or so and home at night ( or at family or friends) . And with one or two other bikes is good . I'm working my way into longer Rydes and larger groups on occasion . I'm all over the map for work most of the time so leisurely Rydes are more attractive still