PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Thermometer and Speedometer Display

4uising
06-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum/club...just signed up yesterday LOL. I just recently bought my 2011 Spyder 2 weeks ago, and really haven't had a chance to ryde much, just around the neighborhood.

My question, I noticed that the Thermometer display is showing the temperature in "Celsius" and not Fahrenheit, and also the speedometer display is showing my speed as km and not miles, how can I change them?

:helpsmilie:

MelloYelloSpyder
06-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum/club...just signed up yesterday LOL. I just recently bought my 2011 Spyder 2 weeks ago, and really haven't had a chance to ryde much, just around the neighborhood.

My question, I noticed that the Thermometer display is showing the temperature in "Celsius" and not Fahrenheit, and also the speedometer display is showing my speed as km and not miles, how can I change them?

:helpsmilie:

First off...Did you get an owners manual with the bike? If so the instructions are in there.

If you didn't you can get to where you change that when you hit the mode button and look at your on screen display and use the buttons UP, RIGHT, LEFT, DOWN on your right hand control..

Pampurrs
06-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Assuming your display is the same as mine.......... using the buttons on your left side, scroll to the right to "preferences" and scroll down to "Settings". There you scroll to the right and toggle the "Distance" and "Temperature" to your preference.

Hope this helps!

Pam

4uising
06-03-2016, 03:26 PM
Yes, I do have the manual that came with the byke. I didn't get a chance to read it yet.

Ok, I'll try and do it. I'm just glad I don't have to take it to a dealer and have them do it for me.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Bob Denman
06-04-2016, 04:59 PM
You've got to admit: it's fun seeing "110" and higher on the speedometer! :roflblack:

irvin48
06-05-2016, 07:23 AM
there is a downside to the digital speedometer. the numbers are SO easy to read
from a distance. anything c;ose to 70 or over and there is a strange thumping
noise on my helmet coming from the passenger area.??:lecturef_smilie:

Kwalsh
06-08-2016, 09:10 AM
i get the same strange noise but its more like a scream in my ear from my headset???

just kidding

good luck with the new ride and enjoy it

JayBros
06-08-2016, 09:30 AM
You may find it helpful to download a copy of your owner's manual and save it on your computer for reference. Here's the link, just drill down to your year and model in the Roadster category.
http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=E&s1=312b7e1e-88e3-4001-ba0c-4beef99320e8

You might also find it helpful to download a copy of the parts manual that you can find at this link. Again, just drill down to your yuear and model.
http://parts.spyder.brp.com/Index.aspx?s1=t0gulkcfklvsld1s0mqe290jv7&catalog_id=0&language_id=1&siteid=1