PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new Spyder Owner...wooo...hoo

4uising
06-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone....I just recently got a 2011 RSS, and I've never ridden a motorcycle. Got my license 4 years ago, but never rode one. I first tried a Ninja 250, and rode it around the parking lot, and managed to drop it twice during stopping. So I gave it up. I was always jealous when I see other women riding a Harley. But, out of the blue...hubby was just surfing and thought that a Spyder might be a way for me to ride on my own. He has a costumed built Harley Bagger, and I was always a passenger. Now I have my own ride...waiting for the title from the previous owner, and I can't wait to get on the road. I've been riding it around my neighborhood only to get use to the shifting/clutching. Although, I'm so stinkin slow, and I don't want to cause an accident. I want to get up to speed. I'm trying to network with other groups. I'm in the Northern VA/Washington DC area. Holla!!!

Pampurrs
06-02-2016, 06:34 PM
:congrats::welcome:

Pam

SpyderAnn01
06-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Congratulations! Before you know it your husband will be trying to figure out how to get you off the Spyder.

eagleeye299
06-02-2016, 06:42 PM
:congrats: on your new ride. Have fun and be safe.:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

PrairieSpyder
06-02-2016, 06:53 PM
:welcome: & :congrats:

You've come to the right place to network. Even though most of us aren't in your region, you'll find the best group of fellow Spyder Lovers here.

:nopic:

SteveLaoyster
06-02-2016, 07:00 PM
:congrats::congrats::congrats: You might want to take a look at the training & safety videos on youtube if you don't have the dvd that BRP gives you with the bike. These are just a couple of them on youtube. Look around & you'll find others. Good luck and enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPrfBkSwy3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfh8izM7uL4

Deanna777
06-02-2016, 07:08 PM
:congrats:and :welcome: glad that you found this site, we are here to help ask questions.

:nopic: Deanna

Chupaca
06-02-2016, 07:18 PM
congrats on the new ryde..:2thumbs: you know we will need pictures..:lecturef_smilie:proof :roflblack: soon your husband will be tell you to slow down cause he's having trouble keeping up with you...:ohyea::ohyea:

Ron2andia
06-02-2016, 07:56 PM
:congrats::welcome::nopic:

4uising
06-02-2016, 08:54 PM
:congrats::congrats::congrats: You might want to take a look at the training & safety videos on youtube if you don't have the dvd that BRP gives you with the bike. These are just a couple of them on youtube. Look around & you'll find others. Good luck and enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPrfBkSwy3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfh8izM7uL4

Thanks for the vid. I did have the DVD that came with the byke. I've watched several safety vids out on youtube.

4uising
06-02-2016, 08:57 PM
congrats on the new ryde..:2thumbs: you know we will need pictures..:lecturef_smilie:proof :roflblack: soon your husband will be tell you to slow down cause he's having trouble keeping up with you...:ohyea::ohyea:

I just need to figure out how to reply and post and navigate through this site LOL.

Hubby says that he just might get him one next year, because he's having a lot of fun. In fact, when we were picking up my Spyder, he was making comments that he just might take it away from me....since I'm not an experience rider. I think he's jealous!

Chupaca
06-02-2016, 09:00 PM
For sure...keep your keys with you and enjoy your ryde....

4uising
06-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Thank you everybody....you sure know how make a new member welcome! The challenge now is to keep Hubby away from it. I have a feeling he takes the Spyder out when I'm at work. :lecturef_smilie:

4uising
06-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Here's a pic of my Baby!

ARtraveler
06-02-2016, 10:06 PM
:congrats: and :welcome: to the site. :yes:

Commander
06-03-2016, 08:15 AM
:congrats:on your new :spyder2: Ride safe and enjoy

Babyblue
06-15-2016, 02:44 PM
Congratulations! When I bought my SE5 RT in 2012, all the information on this forum helped me immensely. I rode mine home 90 miles the first day. The Do's and Don'ts have a ton of helpful information.

I had a Yamaha 250 and struggled. I had difficulty with shifting. Brain just couldn't grasp it. That is why I got the semi auto. I too wanted to have my own ride instead of looking over my hubs shoulder :).
Take your time and soon you will be a pro!

Enjoy!

Charlotte17078
06-17-2016, 05:36 AM
Hello everyone....I just recently got a 2011 RSS, and I've never ridden a motorcycle. Got my license 4 years ago, but never rode one. I first tried a Ninja 250, and rode it around the parking lot, and managed to drop it twice during stopping. So I gave it up. I was always jealous when I see other women riding a Harley. But, out of the blue...hubby was just surfing and thought that a Spyder might be a way for me to ride on my own. He has a costumed built Harley Bagger, and I was always a passenger. Now I have my own ride...waiting for the title from the previous owner, and I can't wait to get on the road. I've been riding it around my neighborhood only to get use to the shifting/clutching. Although, I'm so stinkin slow, and I don't want to cause an accident. I want to get up to speed. I'm trying to network with other groups. I'm in the Northern VA/Washington DC area. Holla!!!

That's similar to my story, too!
I wanted to be able to see things without leaning around him :)
I am having SO much fun riding on my own!! We also have more to talk about because we see
things differently on the rides. If you don't have some type of communication between you two, look into that. We have UClear, but there are others out there. :thumbup:

Brettssunshine
06-17-2016, 05:57 AM
Congratulations on your new ride! I love the color. You may want to look into an MSF riding course. They are great and well worth the time and/or money you have to invest in the classes. I've taken three (2 wheel, 3 wheel, and advanced 2 wheel on my Spyder). I live in PA so they offer the classes for free.

Buckeye Bleau
06-17-2016, 05:58 AM
Huge congrats on the acquisition!:clap:

My first suggestion to you would me to find a motorcycle training class in your area, they are easy to find if you look, here the highway patrol does them. This suggestion based on your concern of causing an accident.

Ryde with extreme defense in mind, when I read about most MC accidents and my own experience they are the result of automobile drivers not paying attention or even seeing you.:banghead:

Also, spend some Farkle $ and get Tricled a sponsor here, to help you light that thing up. Lights even in daytime help them see you.

lastly, have someone gift you a gremlin bell, this will keep the bag guys from causing mechanical issues on your Byke.

Joe

gkamer
06-17-2016, 08:58 AM
Here's a pic of my Baby!

Very nice.
Like the color scheme

crafty
06-17-2016, 03:43 PM
I tried riding two wheels but dropped it twice. I always rode 2 up with my husband but wanted to try my own ride. He got me my 2015 RT S special and I took an MSF course and got my 3wheeled license! Now we both ride (he has a 2015 Indian Roadmaster) and I ride my spyder. Congratulations to you :clap:

d.o.spyder-rts
06-17-2016, 04:12 PM
:welcome:to the spyder web and :congrats:on your spyder. Dale

GS1
06-17-2016, 04:34 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new :riding:

Cindy-TricLED
06-17-2016, 07:06 PM
Yay!!! Welcome and congrats [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4uising
06-21-2016, 11:08 AM
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I did take the 3-wheel class last weekend, and had a 90% passing grade. Although I didn't have to take the skills and knowledge test, because I already have my Motorcycle license from 4 years ago, I wanted to see how well I learned what was being taught. Anyway, I've been riding everyday, just to get comfortable with my bike, and getting the nerves to get better and better. I am having a lot of fun out there, and I know I turn a lot of heads with my byke.

I organized a ride for this coming Sunday with a few girls in my area who all ryde Spyders :spyder2:. So I'm really looking forward to it. :yes::ohyea::D

hdlongrod
06-21-2016, 11:23 AM
As I've mentioned on here several time before, I bought my wife's Spyder for a birthday/Christmas gift and rode it so much she brought me one for my birthday. I sold my two wheeler and never looked back. Also, good job networking with other lady riders in your area! :thumbup::thumbup:

Myersd802003
06-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Read the do's and dont's thread thoroughly. You will learn a lot about the shifting through the RPMs.

4uising
06-21-2016, 01:55 PM
Cool..yes thanks for the advise. I have skimmed through it, but I think I'll look at it again.

Your Spyders are nice!

Read the do's and dont's thread thoroughly. You will learn a lot about the shifting through the RPMs.

fasteddiet
06-21-2016, 02:47 PM
any recommendations

Myersd802003
06-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Cool..yes thanks for the advise. I have skimmed through it, but I think I'll look at it again.

Your Spyders are nice!

Thanks my wife just painted the 2012 RSS. 132694