PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from NH, new here

DynamoBT
03-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Hi all, I've been lurking for quite a while. Feel like I practically know everyone already. I'm on a similar forum for beginner bikers. So I'm used to the format too.

I've had the M on my license for a few years. Struggled physically with a motorcycle but was doing more or less OK. Ruptured a disc in my back this winter. This has changed everything. I've already sold my motorcycles. Honda Nighthawk 250 and BMW F650 GS. Sad to see them go. But I now have weakness in my left leg and won't trust it to hold up a motorcycle.

I've been eyeing the Spyder. It's a bit expensive and haven't been able to talk my hubby into getting it. Yet. I'm going to keep working on him. He is unfortunately not the adventurous type the way I am. He doesn't understand the call of the open road.

I hope to be able to contribute to the general posts. Maybe I'll even have my own Spyder eventually.

zzneonzz
03-11-2009, 08:35 AM
welcome keep talking to him and get him convinced! Its a great machine!!

Bersquack
03-11-2009, 08:38 AM
For me, trying it made the decision a no-brainer.welcome

FANG
03-11-2009, 09:06 AM
welcome Glad to have you

tatt2r
03-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm in Salem by I went to G&g cycle in Salisbury great bunch there and very helpful
Welcome

bjt
03-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Welcome to SpyderLovers DynamoBT. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/hi-103.gif

VossHog
03-11-2009, 10:29 AM
welcome

There are a few of us on here, including myself, who are in the process of saving up/deciding whether or not to buy a Spyder.

I'm getting one after Jan 1, 2010, just have to keep stashing away the pennies to save up for a big enough down payment.

M2Wild
03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
... I'm going to keep working on him. He is unfortunately not the adventurous type the way I am. He doesn't understand the call of the open road.

I hope to be able to contribute to the general posts. Maybe I'll even have my own Spyder eventually.

I say you need to take him to test drive a Spyder ..... bet he would feel differently once he's been on one. (Oh yeah, make him ride in the back set ... LOL)

babyanlee
03-11-2009, 10:47 AM
welcome this forum is a great way to:chat: about Spyder. keep on working on him :dontknow: , eventually he should come around

retread
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
welcome read, plan, save, buy, ryde! Nothing else comes close.

john

NancysToy
03-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Welcome! It is always nice to reel in a lurker. Sorry to hear you needed to sell the bikes, but you are certainly not alone in this fix. Real sorry to hear about the departure of the F650GS. I have been eying one of those myself (now called G650GS). I'm getting tired of throwing around the bulk of my R1100RT, and holding it up. Riding Nancy's Spyder all year has emphasized how difficult that can be. She was barley comfortable on a small bike in the dirt, and would never venture onto one big enough to do the job on the street. Since getting her Spyder, there has been no stopping her. I hope your husband sees the light, or just decides to pamper you. The Spyder is worth the money!
-Scotty

Roaddog2
03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
welcome

Smylinacha
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Welcome from someone else who has neck problems! My arms would go numb somtimes on my other bikes (which I no longer have) and I got very nervous with that. I ride my :spyder:and there is NO numbness anymore. I love it! Like others said on here, have the hubby test ride one. My husband takes mine out once in a while when he's not on his Harley - he has a blast on it.

fastfraser
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Welcome:clap::2thumbs: Take him for a test ride and he will be sold just like the miss was. Good luck.welcome

Big Arm
03-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Tell him you need a new grocery getter, and he can go get them
with the new spyder:clap:
welcome

GeminiJane
03-11-2009, 05:25 PM
welcome - love your avatar. I gave my step-daughter my F650GS a while back and got the F800ST but still think fondly of all the good trips I had on the 650 - it was the first bike we set up for me to tour on solo and it was a good one! I admire your tenacity to ride when you husband doesn't - that's not too common. You should get him out on a Spyder - some who have never felt the need to have a 2 wheeler have gotten hooked pretty quickly on the Spyder.

northramp
03-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Welcome and glad u have stopped lurking . keep talking to him ..but do u have a joint checking account ?:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Trickie Dick
03-11-2009, 09:42 PM
welcome Go ride one as soon as you can. Both of you will love it.

DynamoBT
03-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome and all the encouragement to keep on trying. I've yet to take a test ride. My hubby is afraid that the dealer will do what dealers do: Try and sell me one!!!!!

Of course, that's the point!!! Once the weather gets better I'll increase the pressure. All I can say is "We'll see".

I'll continue to be lurking and learn as much as I can about these things.