PDA

View Full Version : Luggage issue, and a big thank you

otter28169
05-31-2016, 08:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with the OEM Saddle bags on their ST. I have one that the key will not turn in the lock cylinder, and I cannot get the bag to open of release from the frame. I do not want to break the key, or the tumbler, and I figured I should ask here first.
I would also like to give a shout out to fellow NY Spyder Rider, Bill Pittman. He heard about my issue with the rear shock on my RS-S and offered to give me an OEM shock to get my spyder back on the road. Make's me feel like my family just got a whole lot bigger. Thanks again Bill, you're the mannojoke

Just sayin'............

eagleeye299
05-31-2016, 08:51 PM
:thumbup:

lousd1
05-31-2016, 09:23 PM
Did you try to lubricate the lock? I had that happen after washing it and now I lube it periodically and haven't had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pitzerwm
06-01-2016, 01:27 AM
I've had that too, POS lock, even took to a locksmith screwed with it for awhile, got it open and checked keys and tumblers, just a POS.

Bfromla
06-01-2016, 01:55 AM
Graphite spray lube will help the lock.(spray & 1/2 insert key spray again) I've had the mount release act up once or twice :p from road grime, anyway after I get it off (nothing violent just a different method)I lube it generously & rotate the bag around so the lube gets to areas I couldn't spray

otter28169
06-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks, for the advice I will get some graphite and try it out.

Just sayin'...........