PDA

View Full Version : ALARM AND/OR CUTOUT SWITCH

wmh9680
05-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Well, I hope my 2014 Spyder gets here tomorrow. I'm thinking about an alarm and/or a cutoff switch so it cannot be started. Anyone ever hookup a cutoff switch so it cannot be started and what are some good alarms and how much are they? Can't wait for it to get here. Haven't riddin much since year before last. Thanks, Mike

DrewNJ
05-26-2016, 10:29 PM
Isn't that what the DESS is for, to prevent it from starting without the key? Heck, many don't even want to start WITH the key....😉

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Chupaca
05-26-2016, 11:16 PM
Unlike motorcycles that can be rolled away or lifted into a truck, these machines have a series of features limiting their theft. Start with the locking bars, kill switch and starating procedure. The clipped key and some suggestions mentioned above should do you. The best deterrent is where you leave it...:thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-27-2016, 12:39 AM
Well, I hope my 2014 Spyder gets here tomorrow. I'm thinking about an alarm and/or a cutoff switch so it cannot be started. Anyone ever hookup a cutoff switch so it cannot be started and what are some good alarms and how much are they? Can't wait for it to get here. Haven't riddin much since year before last. Thanks, Mike
Already part of the Spyder. Without the proper key it cannot be started, period!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

vided
05-27-2016, 05:21 AM
Isn't that what the DESS is for, to prevent it from starting without the key? Heck, many don't even want to start WITH the key....😉

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

:agree:, what he said, plus that's what insurance is for

ndspyderlover
05-27-2016, 07:06 AM
Already part of the Spyder. Without the proper key it cannot be started, period!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalksometimes mine cant be started with a key

pitzerwm
05-27-2016, 11:35 AM
I have a Spy5000 alarm, not for theft but to keep people off of it. Without the key no one is starting it and driving off. If they want it, they would just back up to it and wench it onto their trailer/truck bed.

Save your energy/money for a different farkle.

wmh9680
05-30-2016, 09:34 PM
Thanks everyone. We put on about 100+ miles this weekend and after learning some ins and outs it was great and we had fun. Went to Valpofest car and bike show in Valparaiso, Il (back roads there and back). Again it was a great ride and we are gonna love her. Thanks for taking such great care of her and we will continue that. Thanks, Mike

Spyderhulk
05-31-2016, 07:02 AM
I have a Spy5000 alarm, not for theft but to keep people off of it. Without the key no one is starting it and driving off. If they want it, they would just back up to it and wench it onto their trailer/truck bed.

Save your energy/money for a different farkle.

Pitzerwm do you get a lot of people wanting to sit on your spyder and if you have what have you done about it?

Has anyone found a person sitting on your spyder while being park? What have you about it?

pitzerwm
05-31-2016, 11:53 AM
Pitzerwm do you get a lot of people wanting to sit on your spyder and if you have what have you done about it?

Has anyone found a person sitting on your spyder while being park? What have you about it?

After reading the forum for a year plus, as PMK has said there are a lot of stories. I was parked by a fire engine for a local event and when I returned, one of the firemen said that the kids really enjoyed my bike.

I tend to be proactive, I'd rather spend a few bucks to prevent me having to bitch slap some ugly fat Walmart broad with the "my kid didn't hurt anything". Sadly, we have a generation of entitled people with no respect for anyone or anything. Before anyone is horrified that I would possibly bitch slap someone, for touching my bike, & only because I'd probably end up in jail, that wouldn't stop me from melting her/their ears off their heads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ux_DTeuR_o

sandeejs
05-31-2016, 01:49 PM
I have taught all the young ones I know the dangers of sitting on somebody's bike without permission:
Parts can be very hot
Parts can be very sharp
Some bikers can be nuts.

On long trips I cover the bike with a half cover after I park. Reduces curiosity killed the cat situations.

~Sandee~

robmorg
05-31-2016, 01:57 PM
I tend to be proactive, I'd rather spend a few bucks to prevent me having to bitch slap some ugly fat Walmart broad with the "my kid didn't hurt anything". Sadly, we have a generation of entitled people with no respect for anyone or anything. Before anyone is horrified that I would possibly bitch slap someone, for touching my bike, [i wouldn't] only because I'd probably end up in jail...

Bill,

I'm not really "horrified" by your statement, but your post DOES beg the question... What would you do if you came out and found THIS person on your Spyder? She may shop at Walmart, but she is not particularly ugly OR fat. :dontknow:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff513/stratrockcom/DSC_8750.jpg

spyderCodes
05-31-2016, 02:05 PM
she obviously buys her socks at WalMart

kbwitt
05-31-2016, 02:21 PM
I ride with several Harley riders at night when at hotels they put can am covers over their Harleys and have never had a bike stolen.

pitzerwm
05-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Bill,

I'm not really "horrified" by your statement, but your post DOES beg the question... What would you do if you came out and found THIS person on your Spyder? She may shop at Walmart, but she is not particularly ugly OR fat. :dontknow:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff513/stratrockcom/DSC_8750.jpg

Probably would depend if my GF was beside me:banghead::banghead::banghead: