PDA

View Full Version : se5 in the shop again

aubierules
03-10-2009, 07:36 AM
well..heres the latest...3rd time in the shop for shifting issues...this time it started auto downshifting real hard, so hard that if i wasnt holding on good i might have gone over the bars....wierd thing was that it was shifting at 2500 rpms, which is correct...it felt like if i had downshifted to 2nd at 8000 rpms....anyway...its an hour drive to the dealer(Pensacola Motosports) my trailer is too small for the spyder so i rode it.....got off the interstate in pensacola and it wouldnt downshift out of 5th gear.....called pensacola motosports and 45 min later was towed in....at least now they actually see the problem firsthand.....the saga continues....at least my spyder can keep skunkmanitus spyder company...they are both in the shop at the same time.....

tomwom
03-10-2009, 08:29 AM
:spyder2: Hope that you didn't let them tow the Spyder . If thats how they moved it , you are in trouble. It's in the manuel, take a look at it sometimes. If they put it on a flatbed, or trailer thats OK. Anyway good luck with the repaires. See you down the road.:spyder2::shocked:

aubierules
03-10-2009, 08:45 AM
:spyder2: Hope that you didn't let them tow the Spyder . If thats how they moved it , you are in trouble. It's in the manuel, take a look at it sometimes. If they put it on a flatbed, or trailer thats OK. Anyway good luck with the repaires. See you down the road.:spyder2::shocked:

They towed it on the bed of the tow truck:thumbup:

Degaman
03-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Please let us know what the eventual 'fix' is. Maybe the rest of us with shifting problems can be enlightened.

aubierules
03-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Please let us know what the eventual 'fix' is. Maybe the rest of us with shifting problems can be enlightened.
sure will...so far we are on brp's 3rd "fix":rolleyes:

VossHog
03-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Good luck. Hope it gets fixed soon, Aubie.

aubierules
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Good luck. Hope it gets fixed soon, Aubie.
thanks voss:)

aubierules
03-13-2009, 12:32 PM
just got off the phone with pensacola motorsports and after talking with brp, they are going to replace the valve assembly...it is hyraulic and has to do with the shifting....i sure hope this is the fix...getting real old breaking down so much:banghead:
this is the third "fix" first was gps and spring and software update, second was replacing the shifting solenoid, and now the valve assembly...on a brite note, if i keep this up i will have a brand new bike before all is said and done:rolleyes:

and by the way, so far P.M.S has been helpful, at least they are trying

Firefly
03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I think I see an SM5 in your future-------

I would make them swap the bike for a new SM5 and give you the price difference in cash.

Looks like they need more R&D time on the SE5 before selling them - too many people having too many problems with them.

Gotta be really frustrating!

shunkmanitu
03-13-2009, 07:18 PM
they are going to replace the valve assembly...it is hyraulic and has to do with the shifting:banghead: this is the third "fix" first was gps and spring and software update, second was replacing the shifting solenoid, and now the valve assembly:rolleyes:

I am one "fix" behind you now, hope I do not need number three.

Capt John
03-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Sorry about all the trouble you guys are having. I have a SM5 was going to buy the SE5. My dealer talked me out of it. Said they didn't even have one and would not sell one until all the bugs have been worked out. My only complaint is the squeky brakes. I'm going to call them tomorrow about fixing it.

burg650
03-13-2009, 10:01 PM
SM5 are also having the same gear problems as the SE5, a friend of mine has had his in 4 time now because it does not shift or get stuck in a gear.

Firefly
03-13-2009, 11:09 PM
I've not heard of any gear problems with the SM5 - don't think it's the same issue as the manual clutch has been tried and true for many years.

bone crusher
03-14-2009, 03:30 AM
IMHO, the SM5 is the only way to go...too many auto problems...not worth the time and/or effort...sure, most people aren't having problems, but when I just bought my BEST warranty for my SM5, the darn prices have gone up so much because of the SE5 problems...too many, for sure.

Unless there is a physical reason as to why you can't ride a manual, I wouldn't get the auto...

bjt
03-14-2009, 08:09 AM
SM5 are also having the same gear problems as the SE5, a friend of mine has had his in 4 time now because it does not shift or get stuck in a gear.

The SM5 can have a faulty gear position sensor but it causes other problems, not shifting problems. If an SM5 isn't shifting, it must be a transmission or a clutch failure.

Firefly
03-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I would think they should charge more for a BEST warranty on the SE5 rather than penalize someone buying an SM5.

aubierules
03-25-2009, 07:41 AM
after 3.5 weeks in the shop at P.M.S, my spyder is ready.....i was told wrong. They originally said that the hydraulic assembly would be replaced, but after further review, they think it is fine and the shift soleonid(that was replaced 80 miles ago) has failed again...so all in, this time they replaced the shift solenoid and the hydraulic rotor....when he put it back together it worked....so here we go again.....gonna pick it up saturday and HOPE for the best. i wonder if i could pay a tow truck to follow me around just in case:rolleyes:

aubierules
03-25-2009, 07:43 AM
I am one "fix" behind you now, hope I do not need number three.
i hope u dont either

FANG
03-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Good luck Aubie

Hey if everything does well, if it does please join us for the Ryde to the Shed on the 11th of April. We will be travelling thru Mobile on Hwy 90. PM me and I'll give you the details.

War Eagle

aubierules
03-25-2009, 07:56 AM
Good luck Aubie

Hey if everything does well, if it does please join us for the Ryde to the Shed on the 11th of April. We will be travelling thru Mobile on Hwy 90. PM me and I'll give you the details.

War Eagle
ok...sounds good..and WAR EAGLE:)

aubierules
04-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Got spyder back from pms saturday....i noticed it is shifting very smooth.....lets HOPE it lasts this time....:thumbup:

M2Wild
04-01-2009, 10:34 AM
If it works out ... be sure to post here what the dealer did to fix your problem(s). I for one whould be interested in keeping tabs on Spyder problems.

aubierules
04-02-2009, 07:14 AM
If it works out ... be sure to post here what the dealer did to fix your problem(s). I for one whould be interested in keeping tabs on Spyder problems.
i posted earlier that they replaced the shift solenoid again:thumbup:

bone crusher
04-02-2009, 12:16 PM
i posted earlier that they replaced the shift solenoid again:thumbup:

Hope the fix works for you...you and your bike deserve better! It's spring (well, almost if you're in MD)...time to hit the road!

Degaman
04-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Just took mine for a 20 mile test drive after having the gear position sensor replaced. So far, so good.

It seems to shift a bit more smoothly, and doesn't want to move forward at a stop nearly as much (practically not at all).

Hopefully, this was the 'fix' I desperately needed.

Stay tuned :O)