PDA

View Full Version : BRP sport rack question

wyliec
03-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I have it installed. The question I have for those that actually installed it- how did you tighten the large plastic nut at the knob end? I was barely able to get two fingers on to tighten it. Before I travel another 75 miles tomorrow to the bike to button her up, any suggestions to make sure it won't come loose.

barkingspyder
03-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I have it installed. The question I have for those that actually installed it- how did you tighten the large plastic nut at the knob end? I was barely able to get two fingers on to tighten it. Before I travel another 75 miles tomorrow to the bike to button her up, any suggestions to make sure it won't come loose.

Bump.

wyliec's question and are there any other tricks I should know before I attempt to do this? How many have done their own on this forum? Roll Call!

brutus450
03-09-2009, 07:26 PM
did you take the battery out? It's allot easier to tighten if you do. Also, you dont have to crank it down, it's only plastic and it wont come loose if you get it snug.

wyliec
03-09-2009, 07:53 PM
did you take the battery out? It's allot easier to tighten if you do. Also, you dont have to crank it down, it's only plastic and it wont come loose if you get it snug.

The battery is out and on my living room floor. Did you hand tighten? Or, were you able to get a tool in there?

Thanks

2faston3
03-10-2009, 01:00 PM
When I installed mine I used pair of offset needle nose pliers to tighten it.

2faston3

M2Wild
03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Any off-set pliers should do the trick. I gooped a little blue Lock-tite on the thread to prevent it come loose too easily. Did the same thing on the 12V socket at the same time.