PDA

View Full Version : corbin do i still need brp back rest

Jimmy Neutron
03-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Hey I was ordering a backrest from BRP and realized my back hurts also. So if i go with a corbin I could get me a back rest and not be much more money.. Any ideas out there for me.. I don't mean to be a pain but I don't want to spend money if I do not need to. And will the corbin give my wife enough support to feel as safe as BRP?

zzneonzz
03-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey I was ordering a backrest from BRP and realized my back hurts also. So if i go with a corbin I could get me a back rest and not be much more money.. Any ideas out there for me.. I don't mean to be a pain but I don't want to spend money if I do not need to. And will the corbin give my wife enough support to feel as safe as BRP?

I actually got my corbin for this exact reason. I got the corbin seat and 2 backrest (small for me and large for passenger) and it was 300$ more than just the sport rack/backrest based on MSRP pricing. You don't need the factory BRP backrest if going with the corbin you can just get theirs. When you call to place the order just order 1 or both backrests but make sure you tell them you want the hardware for 2 backrests even if you only purchase 1.

And my Fiancee loved the feel of the new seat much better than the old one and she tends to lean on me 99.9% less now :-)

Jimmy Neutron
03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks I just dont want to cancel my order on the Brp because I got it for A price that I will never get matched anywhere..

zzneonzz
03-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks I just dont want to cancel my order on the Brp because I got it for A price that I will never get matched anywhere..

Well you can still use the BRP backrest for the passenger with the Corbin seat so its either way. I will say for passenger comfort don't get the large backrest for the drivers seat stick with the Standard. Having one of each i can see were it would make it very difficutl/unfomfortable for a passanger if you use the large one.

LDFIREWORKS
03-09-2009, 04:08 PM
corbin back rest are 239.00 each i have 2 but i might be selling 1 soon keep in touch with me ldfireworks@aol.com it is my b-day the 22nd and i might be getting the corbin back case that comes with the built in back rest so i will not need the backrest i have :spyder::2thumbs::spyder2:

SpyderGirl
03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
If you do sell your Corbin backrest, let me know. Is it silver? If so, I'd be interested in purchasing a second one for my Spyder. Eventually I am going to get the Corbin trunkbox, but I am holding out for the larger one that is rumored to be in the works.