PDA

View Full Version : Passenger foot peg extensions.. Maybe these would allow any soft bag to work!

Greg H.
03-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Has anyone else seen these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Can-Am-Spyder-Rear-Passenger-Foot-Peg-Extensions_W0QQitemZ250385054191QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2503850541 91&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

tatt2r
03-09-2009, 09:26 AM
i believe one of the spyderlovers members made these seen them a few months ago ....look pretty cool nice design dont look cheesy .....:coffee:
o ya greg if you go with russel seat i have an extra factory seat if interested

Spyderjuice
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
A member of this forum had these made. I bought them and they look and function well. They were a little tight going on, but work well. I recommend them. :2thumbs:

His name is Tony Fisher and his email address is:
tony.j.fischer@kp.org

Juice

Greg H.
03-09-2009, 09:43 AM
i believe one of the spyderlovers members made these seen them a few months ago ....look pretty cool nice design dont look cheesy .....:coffee:
o ya greg if you go with russel seat i have an extra factory seat if interested

Nice.. they do look like a BRP factory product. Regarding the seat, as I was just telling Tim; I might hold off on a seat for a time. Parting with $600 when my seat is doing fine, seems a bit crazy. I might go forward with a seat cover, however. Thanks for the offer. Does Russell just modify the seat you send in?

A member of this forum had these made. I bought them and they look and function well. They were a little tight going on, but work well. I recommend them. :2thumbs:

His name is Tony Fisher and his email address is:
tony.j.fischer@kp.org

Juice

Thanks! So, with these extensions, do you think the Cortech or Nelson-Rigg soft bags would work well w/passenger with no modifications?

Spyderjuice
03-09-2009, 10:02 AM
To Greg H.
"Thanks! So, with these extensions, do you think the Cortech or Nelson-Rigg soft bags would work well w/passenger with no modifications?"

I can't answer your question. I don't have either bag. The foot pegs are down and forward. It seems like it would work, but since I don't have bags, I don't know for sure. :dontknow:

Juice

dltang
03-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks! So, with these extensions, do you think the Cortech or Nelson-Rigg soft bags would work well w/passenger with no modifications?

These extensions are quite nice. If I had a passenger often I would consider them. I do think this will give you enough extra clearance for either the Cortech or Nelson soft bags. I have the Cortech and I do believe that would be the extra that would make the difference.

tjfischer
03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
To Greg H.
"Thanks! So, with these extensions, do you think the Cortech or Nelson-Rigg soft bags would work well w/passenger with no modifications?"

I can't answer your question. I don't have either bag. The foot pegs are down and forward. It seems like it would work, but since I don't have bags, I don't know for sure. :dontknow:

Juice

I use the Cortech bags with mine (they are great). You don't need to do any Mods to the bags or the bike. No interferance at all

bjt
03-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Does Russell just modify the seat you send in?

Yes, Russell removes the cover and foam from the stock seat. They put their custom foam on the Spyder seat pan and recover that with leather, vinyl, velour or a combination of those materials. There is an option for a heavyweight suspension upgrade on the seat if you think you need it. I think they recommend the heavy suspension for people over 230 pounds. I got it (245 lbs.) and I like it. Then they send your Spyder seat pan, that they've rebuilt / upgraded, back to you.

HD2CANAM
03-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Ordered a set yesterday from Tony on EBay

Greg H.
03-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I use the Cortech bags with mine (they are great). You don't need to do any Mods to the bags or the bike. No interferance at all

Excellent! So, with these extensions and Nelson-Rigg Bags (or Cortech) installed normally, the passenger has plenty of clearance?

tjfischer
03-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Excellent! So, with these extensions and Nelson-Rigg Bags (or Cortech) installed normally, the passenger has plenty of clearance?

My Passangers have never complained. They perfer the extensions. They can handle much longer rides than they could with the stock position.

Greg H.
03-09-2009, 01:43 PM
My Passangers have never complained. They perfer the extensions. They can handle much longer rides than they could with the stock position.

Great! 'Much appreciated! :)

LDFIREWORKS
03-09-2009, 04:10 PM
i just ordered a set can't wait to get them keep mama happy and i'll be happy:spyder::spyder::spyder2::thumbup::thumbup:

wyliec
03-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice.. they do look like a BRP factory product. Regarding the seat, as I was just telling Tim; I might hold off on a seat for a time. Parting with $600 when my seat is doing fine, seems a bit crazy. I might go forward with a seat cover, however. Thanks for the offer. Does Russell just modify the seat you send in?

Are any adapters needed? I know with some foot pegs there are adapters required.

tjfischer
03-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Are any adapters needed? I know with some foot pegs there are adapters required.

If you stay with the stock pegs, then no adapters are not needed. The dimensions where the pegs attach are the same as the stock mounts. If you opt to change to different pegs, then yes you will need adapters. Same as you would for the stock mounting location.

LDFIREWORKS
03-09-2009, 06:12 PM
tony, can you post some pics of your cortex bags please:clap::f_spider::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:: 2thumbs::spyder2:

tjfischer
03-09-2009, 07:17 PM
tony, can you post some pics of your cortex bags please:clap::f_spider::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:: 2thumbs::spyder2:

Sorry, I don't have any right now. Bike is in the shop for repairs (from my accident). As son as I get it back I wil post.

igor
03-10-2009, 01:43 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7658

I have them and this is great:thumbup:

wyliec
03-12-2009, 05:03 PM
If you stay with the stock pegs, then no adapters are not needed. The dimensions where the pegs attach are the same as the stock mounts. If you opt to change to different pegs, then yes you will need adapters. Same as you would for the stock mounting location.

Tony,

When the 6 are gone currently on ebay, are you going to have anymore made? My bike is 75 miles away and I want to make sure that your pegs, which are 2 1/2" lower, won't present a problem to the gf. I won't be getting up there again for at least another week.

Thanks