PDA

View Full Version : How are is it to put risers on

Jimmy Neutron
03-09-2009, 08:23 AM
After riding this weekend I see there is noway around it i need risers. Now My question can I put them on my self.. I know the Magic man seems to be the place to order them but i am not really good at doing these things..

Donzo
03-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Go to the "how to" section. Lamont has a nice step by step on installing the risers - looks easy to me. The only complaint I have been hearing is getting to the zip ties that bind the cables to the frame.

dltang
03-09-2009, 11:43 AM
After riding this weekend I see there is noway around it i need risers. Now My question can I put them on my self.. I know the Magic man seems to be the place to order them but i am not really good at doing these things..

Jim,
I put the risers on by myself and it took less than an hour. After having done it, I could do it in even less time than that now. It is fairly easy. The hardest part is if you need to go down into the spyder and cut off some ties to get some of your extra length in cables. Remember to get 3 inch risers if you already have the 1' BRP riser (that's what I did) If you don't have the BRP you can get the 4" if you need too. My favorite thing about the risers is that I could adjust them specifically to my preferences as far as how far back or forward I wanted them tilted. I absolutely love these and they are by far my best mod I would say.