PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Luggage

Bersquack
03-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I was at my dealer yesterday to drop off the sway bar i bought from evoluzion. He mentioned that BRP was coming out with hard saddlebags similar to Corbin's. He said to check the internet and it should be announced by mid-April and available in May early June.

I want to get the GIVIs but I guess I will wait a little bit to see what BRP can do.

Anybody else heard that story?

docdoru
03-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Anybody else heard that story?

+1 :doorag:

sleepman
03-08-2009, 06:53 PM
First time I've heard that. If it's true I'll be looking forward to seeing them. Of course if the price is even close to Givi's I'd stay with the Givi. I've used Givi on several different bikes including my Spyder and they can't be beat for quality.

BRPjunkie
03-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Have not heard that rumor, but I am very happy with my Givi luggage. If they do add them as an accessory, just like other BRP accessories, they will have some current luggage maker produce hard cases for them with a BRP logo. I'm not sure that Givi or Corbin would go that route, but any maker looking for some business would take it on. Also, like other BRP stuff, they will be pricey.

Bersquack
03-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Also, like other BRP stuff, they will be pricey.

:agree: I am expecting that as well, but who knows? They know corbin and Givi are owners first pick so they have to be similar in price. If they go the corbin route I expect some just a little shy of $2K, but if they make removable saddlebags like the Givi I would hope for something less than $800 (rack included).

We just have to wait and see.

A guy on a french canadian forum heard the same thing too, so there are a few people who heard about it.

BRPjunkie
03-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Unless they actually get a licensing deal with Givi, it will be hard to come up with as slick a system to easily attach and detach the cases.

johnboyjohn.pretious
03-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Heres a spanner to throw in the works.

Givi are making an identical product for the Spyder and its being marketed under the name KAPPA . The price is also lower. Anyone wants to look up the Kappa stuff the part numbers are
side case rack KLX 770
Sidecases K33N

Amazing what you can find out on the net !!!!

P.s. No connections with either

LDFIREWORKS
03-09-2009, 04:03 PM
:spyder2:i want to know asap i need them soon please advise:dontknow:

BRPjunkie
03-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Heres a spanner to throw in the works.

Givi are making an identical product for the Spyder and its being marketed under the name KAPPA . The price is also lower. Anyone wants to look up the Kappa stuff the part numbers are
side case rack KLX 770
Sidecases K33N

Amazing what you can find out on the net !!!!

P.s. No connections with either

Not sure if Kappa is available in the US.

effgjamis
03-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Not sure if Kappa is available in the US.

Here is a UK link.....

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/85