PDA

View Full Version : TWO-UP Riding ?

wa3wheels
03-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I follow Spyder Lovers regularly and see very little said about two-up riding. We sold the goldwing trike and have been very interested in going the Spyder way.
Any conversation on the subject would be helpful.
Thanks up front !
wa3wheels

tatt2r
03-08-2009, 02:50 PM
for what it is it's great but as much as i love my spyder i would think the goldwing tryke would be more comfortable on long rides but the spyder does handle awesome with two people on it and my girl loves it .... :coffee:

Don in E Texas
03-08-2009, 02:59 PM
We ride two-up! Had a Goldwing Interstate some years ago --- wife likes the rear seat as the back rest (BRP's) is adjustable, unlike the Goldwing. Don't really have a lot of 2-up milage as yet, so don't know if any other adjustments (foot pegs, etc) are in order. She also likes to ride solo - SE5 model.

No intercom; no radio; no CD player; no TV, etc. Just enjoy the open road. We do point at things:2thumbs:as we're going down the road.

So far very enjoyable.

don

SpyderDeb
03-08-2009, 03:48 PM
:spyder::spyder: I don't like riding two up on the Spyder. In fact the first time I did I almost fell off because of the quick turns - then again I was used to riding behind my husband on the H-D Ultra Classic - wasn't used to having to HANG ON! ;) I would suggest finding one to Demo - better yet - get two !!! Double the fun!!

bone crusher
03-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah...buy two...a matching set is always nice!

Some dealerships will not allow you to demo the Spyder with 2 on the bike...insurance reasons...go figure, this is what I was told...call ahead and see if you can.

hawkiii
03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
When the weather is nice my wife likes going two up but not without the back rest. The ride is kinda scary back there without one. You will also have to adjust your shocks to compensate for the extra weight. My wife would like some adjustable foot pegs though. Gonna have to check into that.

strats
03-08-2009, 04:24 PM
ALL of my riding is done 2 up. We had a Gold Wing and a BMW K1200 before the Spyder, and although not a heated armchair ride, Sonya says she loves it. She has to work for the ride now, having to lean with me into the corners.
All shockers set to max and 30 in all tyres.

BRPjunkie
03-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Backrest is a must for comfort and safety of passenger. Even then, the Spyder will be a more active ride. It is not a Gold Wing.

tomwom
03-08-2009, 06:54 PM
:spyder2: No Sir, ant no G.W. But it is more FUN.Besides I'm to old to hold up the Wink. If you like it buy it and Ride it.I am and she likes it too.:thumbup:

Greg H.
03-08-2009, 06:58 PM
My Wife and I love 2-UP Riding on the Spyder! We have the BRP Backrest system. Not only does it do what it's supposed to; it looks great, and she feels very secure! :)

barkingspyder
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
One of the main reasons for buying the spyder was two up ryding. My daughter(16yr old) loves it too. I just ordered the backrest for my piece of mind.

SpyderGirl
03-08-2009, 11:20 PM
We do two up ALL THE TIME... I ride on the back sometimes and sometimes my husband does. No problems. It's better with the backrest for sure. I prefer to ride by myself, but I have just as much fun with him on the back. We couldn't afford two.

Actually, the only car we have will be in the shop for 8 business days and the Spyder will be our only source of transportation to and from work.

FANG
03-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Ryde 2 up any chance we get - wife says the Spyder is so much more stable than a 2 wheeler. She says she'll take the :f_spider: anyday onb a 2 up ryde. Go For It. :2thumbs:

LDFIREWORKS
03-09-2009, 08:08 AM
we ride 2 -up all the time its great, nice and comfy for me and mine:f_spider::spyder2::2thumbs:

babyanlee
03-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Me and Baby ride 2 up all the time too. She likes it - she likes to wiggle to much to be on 2 wheels - no worries even and 80 mph

SLO RYDER
03-09-2009, 11:14 AM
:spyder::spyder: I don't like riding two up on the Spyder. In fact the first time I did I almost fell off because of the quick turns - then again I was used to riding behind my husband on the H-D Ultra Classic - wasn't used to having to HANG ON! ;) I would suggest finding one to Demo - better yet - get two !!! Double the fun!!

:agree: I believe my wife would agree with SpyderDeb's opinion. I ride very agressive when by myself and must take a much slower riding style in the corners when two up. Some people like to shift their weight and lean in on the corners and others like a more upright position. The rider must determine their rider's comfort zone and ride within it, Otherwise you may find your better half not riding with you.

When we ride my wife does enjoy the spyder as long as I contain myself.

Mike

Lowflyingowl
03-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I second SloRyder's answer.

Actually, we test-rode a GW trike the day before buying our Spyder. The Wing was like driving a LazyBoy down the street, and my wife loved the comfort.

But the next day, got on the Spyder and it was a blast! This is really riding!

Wife would like armrests to go with the Corbin seat/backrest. I have to remember to slow down when she's on the back so she doesn't fly off on the curves.....On the VTX, she used to fall asleep on long rides -- now she'd better not !!

Spyderjockey
03-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I follow Spyder Lovers regularly and see very little said about two-up riding. We sold the goldwing trike and have been very interested in going the Spyder way.
Any conversation on the subject would be helpful.
Thanks up front !
wa3wheels
I ryde 2 up almost all of the time, my wife loves it and is a lot more comfortable on the Spyder than any 2 wheeler we've ever had. We put over 9000 miles on it last year, went to Homecoming in Canada in June and The Smokey Mtn. in Tn. from our home in Homer, N.Y.:2thumbs::cheers:

sabunim5
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
2 up was the whole reason for our Spyder purchase. 9 thousand happy miles and counting.:2thumbs: Ryde Safe and Enjoy.
sabunim5:spyder:

NancysToy
03-10-2009, 03:53 PM
2 up was the whole reason for our Spyder purchase. 9 thousand happy miles and counting.:2thumbs: Ryde Safe and Enjoy.
sabunim5:spyder:
LOL Two-up was the reason for our Spyder, too. I hated it, so my wife now has a Spyder to ride for herself. :D
-Scotty

bnlrobinson
03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I suggested about an hour ago (to my wife) that we go for a ride, 15 minutes later they were gone:yikes: